Garry Wilson Flood - Conman

BobthechickenBobthechicken Posts: 1,136
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone bumped into this man?

http://users.pandora.be/olivier.toebosch/flood/

If you happen to meet him (probably in an airport or train station) and he spins you some sad story about losing all his money, don't believe a word he says. :o

Comments

• StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,882
    Forum Member
    I have never heard of him, but will keep an eye out!
  • duckapluckduckapluck Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its just me but i am very secure in the knowledge that i can say f**k off,
    why would you believe someone whose asking for money even though they appear well dressed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he planning a move to Britain?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Do you still have the picture of him?
    I have lend him a nice sum of money and now I would like to testify at the police station.
    Forum Member
    I meet Garry Wilson Flood at Schipol airport 23th November.
    He tells a story about his luggage have been stolen, and he need money to get back to his wife in Norway.
    I check the mobile numbers he gave me, and all of them were wrong.
    As I see now here at Digital Spy and Facebook, he is a conman operating at airports and train station.

The womans name he says is his wife, have last seen him 10 years ago.

Please don't give any money to this man! He is a conman and liar, only looking for your money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    This is why I give no random stranger my hard earned money. I simply refuse. If I am out and feeling generous on a cold winters night and see a begger I will give them a cup of tea and a sandwich and their dog (which most of them always have) a can of dog food!

I never give anyone money, especially those who come up and ask me!

Piss off, I didn't slave my ass all week to give my cash away to some lazy bastard who can't be bothered working! And I don't appoligise for my lack of compasionate nature on this matter either!
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think using the internet has taught me to spot scams and fake sob stories were I may not of before.

I would help anybody in need if I could, But when it comes to money I am very careful.

I feel sorry for these people who have been taken in by this man.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    link doesn`t work for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    kossoo wrote: »
    I meet Garry Wilson Flood at Schipol airport 23th November.
    He tells a story about his luggage have been stolen, and he need money to get back to his wife in Norway.
    I check the mobile numbers he gave me, and all of them were wrong.
    As I see now here at Digital Spy and Facebook, he is a conman operating at airports and train station.

The womans name he says is his wife, have last seen him 10 years ago.

Please don't give any money to this man! He is a conman and liar, only looking for your money.

july 2008, Madrid Airport. 40,- euro's. He actually got out his Bible to show me what a good person he was. The strange thing was that when just a few seconds after Flood walked away another English woman came up to me to start some kind of the same conversation. I didn't respond, but when I walked away I had the strange feeling that she was a partner in crime of Flood.

Can't believe he was at Schiphol the 23rd, as I was there the 24th. Aaaargh!
    Forum Member
    Hi !
    As a documentary maker, I am making a big investigation project about this Gary Wilson Flood. Apparently, he has been doing that for years, many many many times !!
    Do you have any information about him? Please tell me!
    Check www.whereisgary.net

[email protected]

Jean-Baptiste Dumont

Bonjour !
    En tant que réalisateur de documentaires, je suis en train de faire une grande enquête sur ce Gary Wilson Flood. Apparemment, il fait ça depuis des années !!
    Vous avez une info sur lui ? Vous avez été victime? Ca m'intéresse...
    Allez voir www.whereisgary.net
    et contactez moi: [email protected]

Jean-Baptiste Dumont
    Forum Member
    Yep. darn I gave him 90€ for the same story here. A bit pissed. I am not rich by any standards (a poor artist). This was in Charles De Gaulle airport before check-in.
    There should be more warnings of him.
    Own stupidity, but I have been in his situation (meaning the story) and it is not fun or easy.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SRSLY, just piss off.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is going on
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Stoatie may well have been a victim of Garry Wilson Flood, and this thread brings back painful memories of lending him 3 farthings in Bombay airport in 1962.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got asked for cash by a junky last week at the train station because he 'lost his fare home'. I've not had the urge to make sock puppets or documentaries, though.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this thread was started in 2006, revived in 2009 and then again today, and there's a surprising number of new posters in the thread? Odd. Is this Flood person really some kind of international menace or just a bit of a pest who's conned a few people?

It's probably just another publicity-seeking effort by this Jean-Baptiste Dumont person or some of his chums.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been some strange threads on DS but this one takes the biscuit.
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    A fool and his money...
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the first of November, isn't it? Not April?
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    On Deansgate in Manchester, I was hassled for £2 by a well dressed gentleman, so he 'could get back to Chester' as he had been pickpocketed and lost his ticket'. Being somewhat dubious as to the story, so I took him to Deansgate Station ticket office, and bought him a single ticket to Chester - about £5-6 as I recall.
    Later the same evening, my mate turned up from the station and asked me if I had been 'hassled by a bloke trying to sell me a ticket to Chester for £2' as he seemed to be asking everyone at the barrier ?
    He'd been there for about 3 hours, apparently.
  • Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused. :confused:
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    There have been some strange threads on DS but this one takes the biscuit.

Flood took my biscuit!! And I only had one left! :mad:
    Forum Member
    I met Garry Wilson Flood today at Paris gare de l´Est and I gave him - unfortunately - 50 Euros. His e-mail-adress doesn´t exist and now I am sure that I won´t see my money again. Don´t give him any money - he is very convincing but he is a liar!!!!:(:(:mad:!
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard he killed Gregg Jevin.