Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lump in bend of arm

Old 03-05-2006, 16:15
little_worrier1
Forum Member

I noticed earlier on today that i have a lump under the skin on the bend og my arm (where you get blood taken from). I dont know if i am just being paranoid there is one on my other arm nut not as big - could it just be the bone or something to worry about?
little_worrier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-05-2006, 16:23
aquazi
Forum Member

May be nothing, but worth visting a doctor if you are concerned. Could be a ganglion which is like a flixible protrusion at a joint, thats not serious but can cause discomfort.
aquazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 18:03
valskey
Forum Member

I had something that sounds like that a long time ago and it was tennis elbow.Can't remember much other than I think it went away on its own.
valskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 15:43
STEVE 03
Forum Member

Originally Posted by little_worrier1
I noticed earlier on today that i have a lump under the skin on the bend og my arm (where you get blood taken from). I dont know if i am just being paranoid there is one on my other arm nut not as big - could it just be the bone or something to worry about?
I would keep an eye on it for a couple of days and if it's still there, I would say you need to see your doctor to have it checked out. It could be something like a boil which I get quite a lot. Boils and abcess's are very prone to growing on your arms or legs.
STEVE 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 16:03
Caramels
Banned User

Originally Posted by STEVE 03
I would keep an eye on it for a couple of days and if it's still there, I would say you need to see your doctor to have it checked out. It could be something like a boil which I get quite a lot. Boils and abcess's are very prone to growing on your arms or legs.
They only occur on hairy parts; the crook of the arm isn't generally hairy. Is it painful?
Caramels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 21:17
blueblade
Forum Member

Does it hurt when you press it ?
blueblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 15:56
Caramels
Banned User

Originally Posted by blueblade
Does it hurt when you press it ?
If so, it could be a carbuncle, these are caused by a staphylococcal infection.
Caramels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:17
seacam
Forum Member

Hello Worrier,

If I tell you not to worry you will, so worry, go to your doctor who will smile and say you have nothing to worry about and this is quite common.

I have one, pea size on the back of my knee.
seacam
seacam is offline   Reply With Quote