Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 

iPod not turning on


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27-05-2006, 22:25
KIIS102
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coventry
Posts: 6,495

Hey guys,

Ive just picked my iPod up and attempted to connect it to my PC to update my song list, anyways its not turning on. Ive got a 30gb iPod video and only about 4months or so into my warrenty so i can get it replaced if needed but id rather not lose my data. Can anyone suggest anything? Its not out of battery as it had about 75% life left 2days ago when i last used it.

The Comp isnt detecting anything in the USB drive (ive connected it to about 4 diff USB slots and none of them are picking the iPod up. What shall i do ? Just let Apple sort it for me?

KIIS102
KIIS102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-05-2006, 22:32
strawberry66
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by KIIS102
Hey guys,

Ive just picked my iPod up and attempted to connect it to my PC to update my song list, anyways its not turning on. Ive got a 30gb iPod video and only about 4months or so into my warrenty so i can get it replaced if needed but id rather not lose my data. Can anyone suggest anything? Its not out of battery as it had about 75% life left 2days ago when i last used it.

The Comp isnt detecting anything in the USB drive (ive connected it to about 4 diff USB slots and none of them are picking the iPod up. What shall i do ? Just let Apple sort it for me?

KIIS102
Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday. My computer refused to recognise my Ipod at all.
I restarted the PC with the IPOD connected to its usual USB port and it worked fine after that
strawberry66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 22:45
KIIS102
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coventry
Posts: 6,495
Well the thing is my iPod isn't turning on at all, even when its not connected to the PC it wont switch on
KIIS102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 22:53
strawberry66
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by KIIS102
Well the thing is my iPod isn't turning on at all, even when its not connected to the PC it wont switch on
Sorry didn't realise, I would take it into the Apple Shop or send it back to Apple as it is still under warranty.

Is your data stored on your PC in the Itunes library, because if it is you should be able to preserve it
strawberry66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 22:55
KIIS102
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coventry
Posts: 6,495
Well i got most of it still (videos and some music) but i can get all the songs again. I'll send it to apple and get it replaced thanks
KIIS102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 23:53
afx237vi
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Wales
Posts: 5,693
Do iPods have reset buttons? I have a Creative Nomad and there's a little tiny hole on the side that you can push a paperclip into whenever it needs resetting.
afx237vi is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 00:09
Daveoc64
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bristol (BBC1 West)
Posts: 14,922
Originally Posted by afx237vi
Do iPods have reset buttons? I have a Creative Nomad and there's a little tiny hole on the side that you can push a paperclip into whenever it needs resetting.
For an iPod, hold down the Menu and Select buttons for between 5 and 10 seconds. It should restart.

The warranty will last until at least October 12th 2006 so you have plenty of time.
Daveoc64 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 22:23
KIIS102
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coventry
Posts: 6,495
I got a box and UPS packaging yday and ive put my iPod in the box now and stuff the Apple address label on the UPS bag i got. What do i do now ? Will UPS come and collect my iPod or am i meant to post it to Apple ?
KIIS102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 00:20
Daveoc64
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bristol (BBC1 West)
Posts: 14,922
Originally Posted by KIIS102
I got a box and UPS packaging yday and ive put my iPod in the box now and stuff the Apple address label on the UPS bag i got. What do i do now ? Will UPS come and collect my iPod or am i meant to post it to Apple ?
It should say in the instructions you have received with the box.

How long did it take for your box to come (I'm expecting one soon)?
Daveoc64 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:23
KIIS102
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coventry
Posts: 6,495
Well i applied to get my iPod fixed i think Friday night and it came on Tuesday morning It didn't have any instructions on what to do :s just said to put the iPod in the box and put it in the UPS packaging. Ive spent the last 48hours waiting for UPS to come and collect it and they havn't come.

I just contacted Apple and they said i need to call UPS Customer service to arrange them to come pick it up cause it has a pre-paid label so postage is covered, UPS just need to come pick it up.
KIIS102 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38.