Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Question: iPod Shuffle users...

Old 01-06-2006, 18:26
[placebo]
Forum Member

Hi, I'm thinking of buying one of these, the 512MB version. I was wondering what the sound quality is like on it? Is the bass OK, or is the sound not as good as other MP3 players? I am only interested in sound quality, not at the fact there is no screen.

This thread is directed at users who have or have had an iPod Shuffle, please don't reply if you've never used one.

Thanks
[placebo] is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-06-2006, 18:39
Pingu
Forum Member

The iPod shuffle offers the best sound quality of all the iPods, as it uses a different chipset.
You migh find with cheaper headphones you'd need to boost the bass or reduce the treble, but there are no EQ settings on the shuffle, but as long as you have good headphones, you won't need them.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 18:53
[placebo]
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Pingu
The iPod shuffle offers the best sound quality of all the iPods, as it uses a different chipset.
You migh find with cheaper headphones you'd need to boost the bass or reduce the treble, but there are no EQ settings on the shuffle, but as long as you have good headphones, you won't need them.
Thanks. I have a pair of earphones from my SonyEricsson w800i phone which are excellent. They have a standard connector on them too. The phone is broke hence the reason for buying a new music player.
[placebo] is offline   Reply With Quote