Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

Old 10-06-2006, 09:56
White Guardian
Forum Member

Up for another movie?
White Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-06-2006, 08:17
stattospur
Forum Member

hope so - I enjoyed Sum of all Fears
stattospur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05
Inspiration
Forum Member

Trailer:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...s-cia-spy.html

First, RIP Tom. I think all the Jack Ryan films are worth watching. Hunt For Red October is at the top of the list but the others were good too. He will be missed.

The trailer is for a "based on the character" film and is probably the start of a new franchise.

It basically feels like an American James Bond to me... in fact it feels like an American "Skyfall". The tick boxes are all ticked. It feels wrong. In the same way the latest Bourne film felt wrong.
Inspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:41
Geordiesi
Forum Member

ill watch it as im a fan of the books but im not really sure its something thats needed? The books give you the brief outline of who Jack Ryan was before his appearance in the books and that info always seemed enough for me?

I would actually have liked to have seen a film more based around John Clark and his activities - if after that they had wanted to make a prequel then his story ('Without Remorse') would have been great.
Geordiesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 13:45
Johnny Clay
Forum Member

All rather generic looking. You could probably digitally remove Chris Pine and insert Tom Cruise and it would come across no differently.

Still, can't be worse than Sum of All Fears. A film so by-the-numbers even the Best Boy and Key Grip were phoning it in.
Johnny Clay is offline   Reply With Quote