Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 

Doctor Who Love and monsters BBC1 7:00pm 17th June disscussion


View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?
Very poor 132 14.62%
Poor 154 17.05%
Fair 130 14.40%
Good 177 19.60%
Very Good 166 18.38%
Excellent 144 15.95%
Voters: 903. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17-06-2006, 09:30
White Guardian
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 311

On today can't wait for Peter Kay
White Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-06-2006, 09:33
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
I have a feeling that this is the one episode that will really polarise opinion - you'll either love it or hate it.
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 09:36
Black Guardian
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A Crack In Time
Posts: 13,646
Originally Posted by mossy2103
I have a feeling that this is the one episode that will really polarise opinion - you'll either love it or hate it.
whatever it turns out I am seeing it as the quiet before the oncoming storm!
Black Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 11:31
Digidragon
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 664
Clip from the episode from "Totally Doctor Who" - a different scene from the normal trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2I6S-5VfUQ
Digidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 11:40
yakutz
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,846
It seems like it has the girl from Harry Potter in it -with the annoying squeaky voice - i think she played a ghost or something
yakutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 11:51
Helen Earnshaw
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 93
Well it made me laugh!!
Helen Earnshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 12:02
IvanIV
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 21,017
Originally Posted by Digidragon
Clip from the episode from "Totally Doctor Who" - a different scene from the normal trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2I6S-5VfUQ
That's funny, I like it
IvanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 13:17
Black Guardian
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A Crack In Time
Posts: 13,646
Originally Posted by yakutz
It seems like it has the girl from Harry Potter in it -with the annoying squeaky voice - i think she played a ghost or something
Moaning Myrtle!
Black Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 14:56
Yoonix
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,050
The clip I've seen just screams "slitheen" - and what, with the same cheesy lighting effects and the farting... will they ever let it go!?

Wonder if ELO's "Time" album will get a mention?
Yoonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 15:56
hidden_planet
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 557
Leave the slitheen well enough alone, they promised to stay off air
hidden_planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:15
*marv*
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Longdon
Posts: 8,485
haha that clips quite funny clique but funny
*marv* is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:40
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
Originally Posted by Yoonix
The clip I've seen just screams "slitheen" - and what, with the same cheesy lighting effects and the farting... will they ever let it go!?
That's exactly what I thought when I saw those two rubbery hands holding that newspaper. And that's one of the reasons that I said earlier that this would be a polarising episode (and one that I'm not particularly looking foward to)
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:44
boring name
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 535
This is the episode that BP and DT said was something that "Doctor Who has never done before" in the pre-series launch interviews.

This is something to do with there being a narrator or it being seen through the eyes of someone other than The Doctor/Rose (I think).

Sounds intriguing I think, and good to see them taking directorial risks.
boring name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:46
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
Originally Posted by boring name
This is the episode that BP and DT said was something that "Doctor Who has never done before" in the pre-series launch interviews.

This is something to do with there being a narrator or it being seen through the eyes of someone other than The Doctor/Rose (I think).

Sounds intriguing I think, and good to see them taking directorial risks.
Yep, it's also an episode where DW & Rose hardly feature (another reason for it to polarize views)
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:49
boring name
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 535
It's also meant to have flashbacks to previous episodes (according to DS)- this therefore (I think) makes this episode an excellent candidate for bringing together the true meaning of RTD's story arc for this series...just in time for it being resolved in the final episodes.
boring name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 16:50
StarryTwiglet
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Berkshire/Hampshire, UK
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by mossy2103
Yep, it's also an episode where DW & Rose hardly feature (another reason for it to polarize views)
i have a feeling that might annoy me if the Doctor doesn't feature much...it's his flipping show!
StarryTwiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:09
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
I have an uncomforable feeling about this one
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:20
hidden_planet
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 557
Ahhh would you all quit carping? We all whinge at over-exposure of DT/BP then they give them an episode of minimal involvement to have a breather and we whinge cos the episode has minimal doctor / rose. get a grip!!!!!!!!!
hidden_planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:22
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
Originally Posted by hidden_planet
Ahhh would you all quit carping? We all whinge at over-exposure of DT/BP then they give them an episode of minimal involvement to have a breather and we whinge cos the episode has minimal doctor / rose. get a grip!!!!!!!!!
Who's carping and whinging?
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:24
hidden_planet
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 557
various peeps in threads on here, too numerous for me to be bothered hunting them down.
hidden_planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:27
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
Originally Posted by hidden_planet
various peeps in threads on here, too numerous for me to be bothered hunting them down.
Ah, other threads then ......
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:33
Mickey S
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,789
Originally Posted by Digidragon
Clip from the episode from "Totally Doctor Who" - a different scene from the normal trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2I6S-5VfUQ
If that is a trailer from tonight's episode then I am preparing myself for a major disappointment. It looks crap. Carry On, Doctor...
Mickey S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:40
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
Hmmmm .... slitheen & corridors ....?
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:44
StarryTwiglet
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Berkshire/Hampshire, UK
Posts: 28


let's hope they're wide ones
StarryTwiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 17:50
mossy2103
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 58,345
Well that clip looked terribly like the one with the slitheen chasing Rose et al through the corridors
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:01.