Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Funai HDR-B2735

Old 24-10-2006, 17:03
Rocklobster
Forum Member

Hi
this my first posting so it will probably go wrong as things do!
OK, has anyone seen or used one of the Funai HDR-B2735. 3 in one recorders,any tech details, manuals? I have tried Funai's websites but this set isnt even listed.
gratefull of any replies.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-10-2006, 18:22
nwhitfield
Forum Member

As it happens, there's one of these sitting on my living room floor at the moment; you'll be able to read the review in ActiveHome magazine next month.

Nigel.
nwhitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 17:43
StarDelta
Forum Member

Page 74 Argos Christmas Wishes Catalogue lists the Funai VCR/DVD combo 129.99 the VCR/DVD/160gb 199.99.

QVC also sold the last item a few months back as a TSV around 240.

Last edited by StarDelta : 25-10-2006 at 17:45.
StarDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 18:06
nwhitfield
Forum Member

That's not bad; the RRP that the PR quoted me for the Funai was 299.99.

The uk web site is fairly recent, and at www.funaiuk.net

Nigel.
Old 25-10-2006, 18:57
Orbitalzone
Forum Member

I didn't think TV/Video/DVD equipment manufacturers were allowed to give RRP's anymore since those nice Monopoly and merger commsioners looked into the 'price fixing' of the Brown goods trade 6 or 7 years ago.....I have been out of that trade for 6 years however so maybe it's changed?
Orbitalzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 19:49
nwhitfield
Forum Member

I'm not sure what the regulations are, but generally speaking, getting a price for a review out of firms like Sony is really hard, but smaller ones are more likely to give you the info.

Nigel.
Old 26-10-2006, 09:19
StarDelta
Forum Member

Item 533/3930

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...hTerms=5333930

Last edited by StarDelta : 26-10-2006 at 09:22.
StarDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:31
Rayon
Forum Member

Anyone got a PDF manual they can link to please? Does it have component out? Nice pic here of the front but I can't find anything with the rear.

Their Germany site is pretty good with PDFs but nothing on the HDR-B2735.

I've read of a few problems with this box but when you look at any combi they all have similar or different problems. For 200 it seems to have what I want as I'm only interested in HDD recording. Everything else at 160GB is much more s.
Rayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 13:02
CountAlucard
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Rayon
Anyone got a PDF manual they can link to please? Does it have component out? Nice pic here of the front but I can't find anything with the rear.

Their Germany site is pretty good with PDFs but nothing on the HDR-B2735.

I've read of a few problems with this box but when you look at any combi they all have similar or different problems. For 200 it seems to have what I want as I'm only interested in HDD recording. Everything else at 160GB is much more s.
I bought a HDR-B2735 just before Christmas, and I am very pleased with it (I started a thread on it which is now on page 2, and has a link to a review). The Owner's Manual lists the rear panel as featuring:

mains cable
AV1/AV2 (scart sockets)
digital audio out (optical, coaxial) jacks (hdd/dvd)
audio out jacks (hdd/dvd)
s-video out jack (hdd/dvd)
aerial in socket
rf out socket
'this unit does not have an RF modulator'

...I'm just parroting the owners manual; sorry if it's no help!
CountAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 13:21
Rayon
Forum Member

Thank you for the help, I'll check your other comments
Old 02-01-2007, 13:23
Rayon
Forum Member

CountAlucard's thread is here in case someone comes looking via Google etc.
Old 02-01-2007, 14:35
hbg59
Forum Member

This unit (on the face of it) looks a great buy!

I see from the front face picture (link posted earlier by rayon, below) that it appears to have a 'simple' one touch button to transfer HDD recordings to DVD.

This is a particularly useful feature to me, to transfer films and Kids programmes to dvd for viewing elsewhere! Does anyone know whether HDD recording is still possible whilst the transfer is in progress? and is the transfer as simple as I am imagining?! Also is the transfer done at the same speed (ie. the timed length of the recording) or, with it being a direct copy, can it be transferred at a faster rate?

Perhaps those who have one of these units will post their findings on here when they have played around with it?

A integrated twin Freeview tuner would make this the perfect piece of kit fo me..... I don't suppose one is incorporated is there? or does anyone know of an alternative piece of equipment with all these built in facility's?
hbg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 13:03
bignev
Forum Member

Asda have piles of the HD-B2735, now reduced to 150. This is not the same model - no VCR built in.
bignev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 09:45
CountAlucard
Forum Member

Last night I had problems with my HDR-B2735 during playback and recording on the hdd.

I was-finally-watching my recordings of the last few episodes of 'Blade' when I started getting 'system error' messages appearing on the screen.

When this happened, the unit would basically stop further playback and switch itself off (I noticed a small flashing 'w' in the corner of the front panel display). If I switched it back on again with the remote, the unit would switch to 'vcr' mode for a few moments and then switch off again.

The only way to get it going again was to switch it off at the plug.

I set the HDR-B2735 to record 'The Wire' on the hdd, but it must have cut out again, as only part of the programme was recorded.

This morning I have reset the unit, which may or may not make a difference (I don't know!).

The unit is still under guarantee, so I can return it, but I am worried about losing the tons of stuff I have stored on the hdd (series 2 of Rome, Heroes and The Wire), none of which I've watched yet (the Funai has also developed 'issues' relating to copying stuff onto dvd-rw).
CountAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote