Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 

The MacDonald Brothers Fan Thread


Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14-11-2006, 19:13
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
You said those who feel sorry for them will vote to keep them in and to me thats sympathy...maybe people actually enjoy hearing them sing?
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-11-2006, 19:18
Smeggypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Universe
Posts: 15,526
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode
You said those who feel sorry for them will vote to keep them in and to me thats sympathy...maybe people actually enjoy hearing them sing?
Yes I did but I didn't say people only vote for that reason.

I'm well aware some people actually like them too.

Q. If the McDonalds released an album of well known cover songs. Would you buy it?
Smeggypants is offline  
Old 14-11-2006, 19:22
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
Originally Posted by Smeggypants
Yes I did but I didn't say people only vote for that reason.

I'm well aware some people actually like them too.

Q. If the McDonalds released an album of well known cover songs. Would you buy it?
Yes l would and l know a lot of people also who would buy an album.
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 14-11-2006, 23:21
thms
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 54,191
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode
Yes l would and l know a lot of people also who would buy an album.
after last week, i doubt anyone will by an eton rd album
thms is offline  
Old 14-11-2006, 23:23
~*~Jess~*~
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,900
I'd buy McDonalds AND Eton Road
~*~Jess~*~ is offline  
Old 14-11-2006, 23:31
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
Night All
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 14-11-2006, 23:31
thms
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 54,191
Originally Posted by ~*~Jess~*~
I'd buy McDonalds AND Eton Road
sorry, i've gone off eton rd more & more each week
i would have bought an eton road album in week 1
but i was always going to buy a macdonald's album
they have been the x-factor in week 2,3,4, and 5
thms is offline  
Old 14-11-2006, 23:31
ArtyAttack
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 47,951
Originally Posted by Smeggypants
Q. If the McDonalds released an album of well known cover songs. Would you buy it?
I would most certainly buy it if it had some covers of Everly Brothers etc. I should think it would sell extremely well too.
ArtyAttack is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 00:01
~*~Jess~*~
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,900
Originally Posted by thms
sorry, i've gone off eton rd more & more each week
i would have bought an eton road album in week 1
but i was always going to buy a macdonald's album
they have been the x-factor in week 2,3,4, and 5
No need to apologise hun I thought last weeks performance by Eton Road was horrendous - and I said it, but got a bit of stick.
The McDonalds have been consistent every week and I think they are brilliant
~*~Jess~*~ is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 01:52
thms
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 54,191
Originally Posted by ~*~Jess~*~
No need to apologise hun I thought last weeks performance by Eton Road was horrendous - and I said it, but got a bit of stick.
The McDonalds have been consistent every week and I think they are brilliant
if eton rd do well on saturday i will say so. however for
taking criticism on the chin and still singing beautifully, it's
got be the macdonald bros. they're becoming a class act..

thms is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 01:58
dippykitty
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 1,084
Originally Posted by thms
if eton rd do well on saturday i will say so. however for
taking criticism on the chin and still singing beautifully, it's
got be the macdonald bros. they're becoming a class act..

They`re definitely very professional the way they`re dealing with the slating every week. It would be interesting for some of the more popular (with the judges) acts to come in for some criticism... I get the feeling most of them wouldn`t take it as well as the MacDonalds.
dippykitty is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 10:19
ArtyAttack
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 47,951
Originally Posted by dippykitty
They`re definitely very professional the way they`re dealing with the slating every week. It would be interesting for some of the more popular (with the judges) acts to come in for some criticism... I get the feeling most of them wouldn`t take it as well as the MacDonalds.
I agree. Thats one thing that you can state about the boys. They have been very mature against the slating they have received.
I was thinking that this thread should be renamed 'The MacDonalds Clan Thread'. Sounds a bit more Scottish.
ArtyAttack is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 12:35
~*~Jess~*~
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,900
Originally Posted by ArtyAttack
I agree. Thats one thing that you can state about the boys. They have been very mature against the slating they have received.
I was thinking that this thread should be renamed 'The MacDonalds Clan Thread'. Sounds a bit more Scottish.
No hissy fits, tears or whinging EVER! Breath of fresh air really compared to the 'Diva's' on this show!
~*~Jess~*~ is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:09
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
Afternoon All
Any news on the lads today?
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:10
Bonnie Parton
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 743
Yes, their dad took them out for a steak dinner and roughled both their hair affectionately.
Bonnie Parton is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:12
ArtyAttack
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 47,951
Originally Posted by Bonnie Parton
Yes, their dad took them out for a steak dinner and roughled both their hair affectionately.
Is that meant to be funny?
ArtyAttack is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:16
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
Originally Posted by Bonnie Parton
Yes, their dad took them out for a steak dinner and roughled both their hair affectionately.
Here's me thinking this was a fan thread...
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:19
Bonnie Parton
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 743
Don't get me wrong. I have no idea why, but I like the Macdonalds. The dark haired one has the talent though. I have no idea why it makes me grin when they come on stage or get through through!
Bonnie Parton is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:26
snow_garden
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by Bonnie Parton
Don't get me wrong. I have no idea why, but I like the Macdonalds. The dark haired one has the talent though. I have no idea why it makes me grin when they come on stage or get through through!

Cos Brian is gorgeous frankly


They make me feel warm inside

Id buy/download an album by them

as long as it came with a sleeve with losts of nice pictures in it
snow_garden is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:47
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
l love their voices too, l would definetly love to hear more from the lads and lf they don't win X-Factor then at least they have upped their profile and have a larger fanbase and not just Scottish at that!
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 16:48
Bonnie Parton
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 743
I'll take the little dark haired one off your hands. I don't know where I'm going to keep him though.
Bonnie Parton is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 17:07
ArtyAttack
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 47,951
Originally Posted by Bonnie Parton
Don't get me wrong. I have no idea why, but I like the Macdonalds. The dark haired one has the talent though. I have no idea why it makes me grin when they come on stage or get through through!
Agree with you that little Brian has the most talent. Hope he really lets go with the song this week. We saw him do this towards the end of Shes The One.
ArtyAttack is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 19:30
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
Where are all the MacDonald Brother's fans tonight??
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 19:45
thms
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 54,191
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode
Where are all the MacDonald Brother's fans tonight??
well this one is off to see his brother performing with
the poems in the admiral bar in waterloo street
haven't seen a live band in years, but they're worth it
thms is offline  
Old 15-11-2006, 20:33
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
Originally Posted by thms
well this one is off to see his brother performing with
the poems in the admiral bar in waterloo street
haven't seen a live band in years, but they're worth it
Aww have fun thms see if you can drum up more support for the MacDonalds..lol
ebeneezergoode is offline  
 
Closed Thread



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:58.