DSF Champions League simulcast

I've been looking at the LJ Sport site for the Champions League listings tomorrow night (Tuesday) and it lists DSF as having ALL tomorrow nights matches on live "FTA(simulcast)" as it puts it.

Could someone explain what is meant by this "Simulcast". Is this a kind of "press red button for Match Choice" like Sky thingy or does it mean something else.

If so then I presume I won't be able to access all matches with a digibox and the excellent Other Channels menu or is there a way around this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Its a live goal service... It goes through all the games when important things happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool! Might make a point of watching it then I've never heard of anything like that before!!!

Is it any good?
  • dj9928dj9928 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It shows 2 frequencies for Astra so unless one broadcasts Manu and the other arsenal
  • hugonhugon Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj9928 wrote:
    It shows 2 frequencies for Astra so unless one broadcasts Manu and the other arsenal

One is analouge and one is digital
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugon wrote:
    One is analouge and one is digital

Ah right ok
  • 81westley81westley Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    DSF is at the moment just a single channel, they don't have the technical equipment to simulcast different footbal matches at the same time, so I guess they'll just switch from one match to others when something is happening.
    Both the analogue and the digital versions will show the same content.

On their website is stated that DSF will show all 5 matches in a conference broadcast. I guess they don't have the rights to show a single match in full...

From their website:

Champions TV LIVE

Champions TV präsentiert am Dienstag alle Abend-Partien des 5. Champions League-Spiel-
    tages in einer Konferenzschaltung. Hauptaugen-
    merk liegt dabei auf der Partie des Hamburger SV bei Arsenal London. Sportliche Brisanz bergen außerdem die Duelle um die ersten bei-
    den Plätze in den Gruppen E und F: Real Mad-
    rid muss sich im Santiago Bernabeu gegen Olympique Lyon behaupten (Gruppe E) und Manchester United steht im Celtic Park gegen Glasgow unter Druck (Gruppe F).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all well and good this but sure the matches are on ITV anyway, it would be alot more use if they did it tomorrow night why Sky have the coverage
  • HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    81westley wrote:
    DSF is at the moment just a single channel, they don't have the technical equipment to simulcast different footbal matches at the same time, so I guess they'll just switch from one match to others when something is happening.
    Both the analogue and the digital versions will show the same content.

On their website is stated that DSF will show all 5 matches in a conference broadcast. I guess they don't have the rights to show a single match in full...

From their website:

Champions TV LIVE

Champions TV präsentiert am Dienstag alle Abend-Partien des 5. Champions League-Spiel-
    tages in einer Konferenzschaltung. Hauptaugen-
    merk liegt dabei auf der Partie des Hamburger SV bei Arsenal London. Sportliche Brisanz bergen außerdem die Duelle um die ersten bei-
    den Plätze in den Gruppen E und F: Real Mad-
    rid muss sich im Santiago Bernabeu gegen Olympique Lyon behaupten (Gruppe E) und Manchester United steht im Celtic Park gegen Glasgow unter Druck (Gruppe F).

That's because the games are on Premiere, who also happen to do a goals service!
  • farfar Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harshad wrote:
    That's because the games are on Premiere, who also happen to do a goals service!

There seems to be a lot of hand me downs like this from Premiere. From a motor racing perspective for instance they have the support series as highlights on Saturday/Sunday evenings on race weekends whereas Premiere show the races live and in full. They also used to show the F1 Practice sessions later on in the day seperate to RTLs coverage. Are DSF owned partly by Premiere?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but Premiere bought exclusive TV rights for the CL on condition that they a) broadcast 1 game FTA, or b) sold on the rights to another broadcaster for 1 FTA game.

This is where Premiere on DSF came from.