Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Classic Chart Show Showing On The Vault 356

Old 06-07-2014, 16:47
ilovewallander
Forum Member

The Drama Channel will be repeating the original HoC starring the brilliant Ian Richardson next Saturday from 7pm. It's going to be shown all in one go so I'll be setting the Sky box to record Superb series and superb acting!
ilovewallander is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:14
james_W85
Forum Member

great news I love the original are they showing just house of cards or the whole trilogy aswell?
james_W85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 16:25
ilovewallander
Forum Member

great news I love the original are they showing just house of cards or the whole trilogy aswell?
I'm not sure, but I assume it will be the trilogy. It just has to be
Old 07-07-2014, 17:58
suesuesue
Forum Member

Yes I've got this ready to record. 4 episodes one after the other. Good old Drama channel, they are pulling some goodies out of the hat including the recent various Minette Walters adaptations. Intrigued what they may show next.
suesuesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 18:05
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

It's also on Netflix along with the Kevin Spacey remake
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 18:08
LolaSvelt
Forum Member

I watched the first part of the trilogy on Netflix. Fantastic television.
LolaSvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 20:18
james_W85
Forum Member

It's also on Netflix along with the Kevin Spacey remake
the Kevin spacey version is actually really good if you haven't watched it yet I recommend it highly
Old 07-07-2014, 20:39
ilovewallander
Forum Member

Yes I've got this ready to record. 4 episodes one after the other. Good old Drama channel, they are pulling some goodies out of the hat including the recent various Minette Walters adaptations. Intrigued what they may show next.
I enjoyed The Ice House and The Sculptress, my signal kept going wrong when 'The Scold's Bridal' was on but I've since bought the dvd so I'm looking forward to watching that I missed The Dark Room the week before though and I notice they missed one of the adaptations out which was 'The Echo.'

I absolutely love House of Cards. Ian Richardson was wonderful, totally believable and delicously nasty in the role as the dastardly Francis Urquhart. Great casting!
Old 07-07-2014, 20:53
suesuesue
Forum Member

I enjoyed The Ice House and The Sculptress, my signal kept going wrong when 'The Scold's Bridal' was on but I've since bought the dvd so I'm looking forward to watching that I missed The Dark Room the week before though and I notice they missed one of the adaptations out which was 'The Echo.'

I absolutely love House of Cards. Ian Richardson was wonderful, totally believable and delicously nasty in the role as the dastardly Francis Urquhart. Great casting!
Ian R and his direct smirk to camera or raised eyebrow was classic. So looking forward to it. What with HoC and Edge of Darkness being shown on BBC4 we are being spoiled!

Enjoyed all the Minette Walters adaptations tho found a massive spoiler in the cast list after the first episode of a The Dark Room but that's another story
Old 07-07-2014, 21:01
ilovewallander
Forum Member

Ian R and his direct smirk to camera or raised eyebrow was classic. So looking forward to it. What with HoC and Edge of Darkness being shown on BBC4 we are being spoiled!

Enjoyed all the Minette Walters adaptations tho found a massive spoiler in the cast list after the first episode of a The Dark Room but that's another story
Yes, I love his smirk to camera and also when he says his infamous line......

Was 'The Dark Room' worth watching? I looked at the dvd on Amazon and it doesn't look as good as TS, TIH and TSB.
Old 07-07-2014, 21:58
suesuesue
Forum Member

Yes, I love his smirk to camera and also when he says his infamous line......

Was 'The Dark Room' worth watching? I looked at the dvd on Amazon and it doesn't look as good as TS, TIH and TSB.
I enjoyed it (spoiler withstanding) but I like Dervla Kirwan. I expect it will be repeated soon. The Sculptress is the beet of all tho.

Notice that The Long Firm followed by State of Play take up the remaining July weekends on Drama. All good stuff
Old 07-07-2014, 22:35
james_W85
Forum Member

I enjoyed it (spoiler withstanding) but I like Dervla Kirwan. I expect it will be repeated soon. The Sculptress is the beet of all tho.

Notice that The Long Firm followed by State of Play take up the remaining July weekends on Drama. All good stuff
not complaining because it's still brilliant but drama showed state of play about 2 months ago couldn't they have chose something different
Old 07-07-2014, 22:39
gurney-slade
Forum Member

Notice that The Long Firm followed by State of Play take up the remaining July weekends on Drama. All good stuff :)
Two of the best drama series ever!

I've loved watching the repeats of Sharpe. I'd forgotten how good it was, especially the early episodes.
gurney-slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 22:40
ClarkF1
Forum Member

Superb series and superb acting!
You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment
ClarkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 13:06
ilovewallander
Forum Member

You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Love it!
Old 08-07-2014, 13:11
ilovewallander
Forum Member

Yes, if they're showing State of Play again they might repeat The Dark Room. I'd like to see it.

I thought they might show To Play the King and The Final Cut though Hopefully we'll get them in August!
Old 08-07-2014, 14:03
james_W85
Forum Member

Yes, if they're showing State of Play again they might repeat The Dark Room. I'd like to see it.

I thought they might show To Play the King and The Final Cut though Hopefully we'll get them in August!
I was hoping they would show the full trilogy aswell it makes no sense to just show the first part
Old 08-07-2014, 16:31
DangerBrother
Forum Member

Basically an intelligent version of Mrs Brown's Boys
DangerBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 16:46
dome
Forum Member

I watched the whole trilogy just last month on DVD, it was a good as I remembered.
dome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 19:36
ilovewallander
Forum Member

I was hoping they would show the full trilogy aswell it makes no sense to just show the first part
I agree, it's pointless showing a third of a trilogy! I thought they'd be showing the trilogy over the next few weeks. Hopefully the other two thirds will follow at some point I remember Yesterday showed the trilogy a few years back, must be at least four years ago, maybe more.
Old 08-07-2014, 19:41
Gordie1
Forum Member

It was a great bit of drama, i might need to watch this again, i have no memory of what happens any more, just the power of the acting i remember.

I might watch this again, then give the remake a go.
Gordie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 19:46
james_W85
Forum Member

It was a great bit of drama, i might need to watch this again, i have no memory of what happens any more, just the power of the acting i remember.

I might watch this again, then give the remake a go.
you definitely should try the Kevin spacey remake it's brilliant, cannot fault the acting at all, I would say it's as good if not better in some parts than the original
Old 09-07-2014, 15:38
AidanLunn
Forum Member

Mrs Brown's Boys and House of Cards with Ian Richardson are nothing like each other in any sense of the word.

Different leagues? More like different planets!
AidanLunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 15:46
Abriel
Forum Member

Eh????

edit - just realised did you mean because of the playing to the camera?
Abriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 21:57
BritFlicks1
Forum Member

I have never seen House of Cards but I do know about it and my mother told me to watch as the late Ian Richardson is superb in it.
BritFlicks1 is offline   Reply With Quote