Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

How do you change the batteries in a sky remote control.

Old 13-12-2006, 23:46
Final Score
Forum Member

I have new batteries, but I cannot open the back, the last time I forced it and I had to buy a new one. There must be a knack to it does anyone have the link or knowledge how to get the bloody back off without breaking it
Final Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-12-2006, 23:53
Toilet-Duck
Forum Member

Lol you press the button down. Get the remote in your hand turn it upside down so the clip is facing upwards place your thump over the clip push down and lift the clip
Toilet-Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 01:15
Supersonic Guy
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Toilet-Duck
Lol you press the button down. Get the remote in your hand turn it upside down so the clip is facing upwards place your thump over the clip push down and lift the clip
Don't thump it, or it will definitely break!
Supersonic Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2006, 18:24
kmusgrave
Forum Member

I have one that is almost impossible to open. I had to get the instructions out when I first got it to make sure I was doing it properly! It isn't clear which way to press the little catch and the even when you press it the right way the back refuses to budge. I had to get a screwdriver to it in the end. It is an appaling design IMHO
kmusgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2006, 23:13
davemurgatroyd
Forum Member

But the battery cover never comes off when you drop the remote - which happens on every other remote I have.

There is a definite knack to it but when you done it once it gets easier.
davemurgatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 09:16
chrisw99
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Final Score
I have new batteries, but I cannot open the back, the last time I forced it and I had to buy a new one. There must be a knack to it does anyone have the link or knowledge how to get the bloody back off without breaking it
This gets me every time, yet I always forget the next time. I always assume the hinge for the flap is the end of the control, opposite to where the bit you press is, but in fact it's the opposite way round, push the flap in then lift the cover from the end of the remote control, and it's really easy.
chrisw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 10:48
Dickibobboy
Banned User

i find it really easy... it is a bt stiff but... turn it onto the back and the rubber black end at the top. put your hand around the rubber bit, pull the plastic thing down. done pullin down holding the bottom of the remote with your othr hand, pull it towards you. make sure you pull hard, and there you go,,,thats my way anyway.
Dickibobboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 22:12
Final Score
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Toilet-Duck
I really should call you a smug git for the but you explained it perfectly so thank you ( you smug git)
Final Score is offline   Reply With Quote