Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Gilmore Girls

Old 19-12-2006, 02:34
Happy_Chappy
Forum Member

Hello,
Anyone want to talk about the Gilmore girls?
Happy_Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-12-2008, 22:26
thatgirl
Forum Member

I watch it religiously & have been for many years
thatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 13:43
Gulftastic
Forum Member

I tuned in to watch The Bangles when they made their guest appearance. I stayed because its really pretty good TV.
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 13:49
geos
Forum Member

Ive only just discovered this last month on Saturday mornings on E4.. So addictive!
Have absolutely no idea about what season it is or how many seasons there are.
Does it still get produced?
geos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 13:52
Vennegoor
Forum Member

Lauren Graham is fantastic in it, but the dialogue really is grating after a while. It's so self aware, and no one speaks the way the mother and daughter do.

Shame because the setting is also great.
Vennegoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 13:53
jde-tv
Forum Member

LOVE IT! only like 15 eps left til it ends i started watchin in the summer on E4 frm season 2/3 and watched every ep since!! wont know what to do when it ends! Iv seen the rest of E4's daytime shows!
jde-tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 13:59
FunkmasterT
Forum Member

I love Gilmore Girls, but I haven't enjoyed it quite as much since Lorelai and Luke split... really not a fan of the Lorelai/Christopher thing that's going on
FunkmasterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 14:29
Gulftastic
Forum Member

Me either FunkmasterT. And the breaking up of Lorelai and Luke was a long slow painful death too.
Old 16-12-2008, 14:45
pinkfoxxie
Forum Member

I LOVE the Gilmore Girls, but have to agree after Luke and Lorelai broke up, I didn't really enjoy it as much, and Lorelai really started to get on nerves, particularly in the episode where her and Chris go to the Yale Parent's Day (which was on yesterday I think), I don't know why she just really got on my nerves and I wanted her to shut up! On the last season I sort of wanted it to be over!
pinkfoxxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 14:48
cybergirl3
Forum Member

I think Christopher and Lorelai are good together, but they annoy me so much.
I think the show lost it's way in season 6 and 7.
cybergirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 14:52
pinkfoxxie
Forum Member

I think Christopher and Lorelai are good together, but they annoy me so much.
I think the show lost it's way in season 6 and 7.
I really like Christopher (much more than I like Luke), it's just after waiting all that time for Luke and Lorelai to get together, then to have them break up.................... the show did really seem to lack direction in the last couple of sesons
pinkfoxxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 15:17
Janet St Walker
Forum Member

Luke is a fine figure of a man and then some but Lorelei's irritating ways are much better suited to Christopher.

The less said about Saint Rory the better.....love Paris and Emily though.
Janet St Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 11:29
Starsailor06
Forum Member

The less said about Saint Rory the better.....love Paris and Emily though.
Saint Rory Very true !

I love Paris & Emily too. The supporting cast is universally excellent, although I'm annoyed they made Lane pregnant so soon.

Lorelai is starting to annoy this final season, & I can't stand Christopher, which is weird cos I'm watching the same actor on Private Practice (at US pace) and I love his character on that show.

Still I will miss it when it finishes as it is comfort TV. Only 14 episodes left..
Starsailor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 12:39
Gulftastic
Forum Member

Why didn't you just rip out his heart and stamp on it, you cow?

Poor Luke.

And Saint Rory has just been a total bitch, and got chewed out for it by her bf. By the end of the ep, guess who's apologising to whom?
Old 17-12-2008, 13:03
DemonicaBeatnik
Forum Member

***spoilers up to current E4 episode***

My whole family loved Gilmore Girls until the whole Luke break up.

Yes he should have told Lorelai that he had a kid a bit sooner but she was just so selfish. She didn't appear to talk to him about how she felt and sort out another wedding date.. just BAM marry me now.

Luke is too good for her! She is suited to Christopher but they come across a bit smug. And getting hitched without Rory there was another selfish Lorelai moment.

I think this season has been poor so far as well due to less time given to other characters - Luke, Kirk, Taylor, Michel (who we all adore!), Lane and the band, Richard & Emily etc.
DemonicaBeatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 15:08
Gulftastic
Forum Member

Does the character of Luke represent someone in real life that the writers have a grudge against?

He's lost Lorelai, she's rubbing his face in it, and now his daughter might be taken away from him!

Poor Luke.
Old 18-12-2008, 17:52
Vickyb83
Forum Member

I've watched it for years since it was in the USA before the UK had even got hold of on Nickelodeon. It's in my best top 3 shows to watch and still is up until about the middle of season 6 lol.
When they filmed the 100th episode I had the chance to go to a question and answer session and met them and Amy and Daniel after it finished and they were all lovely. I've been around the set quite a few times as well and that was a lot of fun.
Vickyb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 18:03
vidalia
Forum Member

Once Amy Sherman Palladino left it certainly lost its way a bit which was inevitable as it was her baby - she created, wrote and produced it - so it was never going to be the same in series 7 and the fact that it ended was not a huge surprise. It would be nice, though unlikely, if there could be Palladino written/produced film to bring true closure for everyone.
vidalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 18:16
McSpanky
Forum Member

A typical GG conversation....

Once Amy Sherman Palladino left....
Left?

Once Amy Sherman Palladino left it certainly lost its way a bit....
Lost it's way?

... which was inevitable....
Inevitable? Who said it was inevitable?

...as it was her baby
Are you calling it a baby, cause it's not really a baby, it's a tv show, not a baby, so don't call it a baby. I don't know where you get the idea that it was a baby...

etcetera.... etcetera.....
McSpanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 18:32
Vennegoor
Forum Member

A typical GG conversation....

Left?

Lost it's way?

Inevitable? Who said it was inevitable?

Are you calling it a baby, cause it's not really a baby, it's a tv show, not a baby, so don't call it a baby. I don't know where you get the idea that it was a baby...

etcetera.... etcetera.....
Eeerily close to the truth.
Vennegoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 18:35
jde-tv
Forum Member

todays has to be one of the best of the season.. 7 is ok actualy, not as good as the rest though :/ but at least the pace has picked up a bit!
jde-tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 19:40
Janet St Walker
Forum Member

todays has to be one of the best of the season.. 7 is ok actualy, not as good as the rest though :/ but at least the pace has picked up a bit!
Ah bollocks, I missed it today. Any chance of a quick recap?
Janet St Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 17:08
Gulftastic
Forum Member

A draw!?!

Luke would have wiped the floor with Christopher, then used his face as a hammer to repair the damage their fight caused.

BTW, as it's sort of still on it's first (mainstream) airing in the UK, can people watch the spoilers? Sorry to be picky but there's only another week or so to go. Cheers.
Old 19-12-2008, 21:53
Partly Cloudy
Forum Member

I've seen almost every episode, but not all. And I guess I am of the unpopular opinion that Lorelai and Luke were always best as friends ... friends, with benefits, if they like ... but not married.

Two people so stuck in their own idiosyncratic ways who are used to living on their own terms after all these many years alone. It didn't seem like a good fit. If either of them had been shown, from day one, as dying to get married to anyone at all, I would think otherwise. But over the years of the show, they had always seemed quite happy coming together at the diner or town event and then going back to their mutual corners. Nor could either of them seem to tolerate other people, except Lorelai's almost unnatural over attachment to her daughter.
Partly Cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 21:59
Socha
Forum Member

Hello,
Anyone want to talk about the Gilmore girls?
You mean the show where actors are talking to each other as if they are firing guns, without even pretending to listen to the other actor? One word: h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e...

Ironically, in my family the show has become a household word, as in 'Don't you Gilmore girl me'!
Socha is offline   Reply With Quote