Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 

Sky+ cheapest deal for existing Sky subscriber?


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2007, 11:22
rigsby1208
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8

Hi
My in laws are nagging me about Sky+ and I wanted to know the cheapest route to them getting it.
Their current sky subscription is several years old and in her name. The subscribe to the premium sports and premiership plus.
Is it best to try the I'm cancelling route?
I was offered a free sky+ offer for non subscribers so could she cancel her subscription and he take advantage of the offer as a 'new' customer??
Also there was some talk of cheap deals on sky + at curries, but that appears to have gone cold.
Thanks
rigsby1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-01-2007, 13:13
rigsby1208
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8
Anyone?
rigsby1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 20:38
+3dB
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,716
I asked the same question yesterday, so I'll bump this for both out sakes and hope somebody has some suggestions
+3dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 20:34
everton2005
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: liverpool
Posts: 376
i rang today and got sky + for £49
everton2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 21:06
DS205K
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 143
Is that with install included?

I upgraded to Sky+ and Multiroom for £49 in November, but now want Sky+ in the bedroom too.
DS205K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 00:57
tobykim
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 460
Can I ask what package you are on for the £49 we have a bit of an argument going on with them at the moment so I'd be interested to hear what they have offered you in respect of sky+ or with multiroom
tobykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:46
Mrs.W
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 722
Same here !

I phoned them on Wednesday and was told it would cost me £99 for the box plus installation.
Mrs.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:51
wintv
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Aughton - South West Lancs
Posts: 347
Phoned yesterday and was advised no offers at present so £99.00 plus £60.00 install fee.
wintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:48
chico1
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by wintv
Phoned yesterday and was advised no offers at present so £99.00 plus £60.00 install fee.
I phoned today got a £49 deal for sky+ including installation. I had cancelled sky two months ago and they had called me before Xmas offering me £49 deal which I did not take then.
I called them today told them that I want take the them up on the £49 that they made to me and they said fine.

If they dont play ball I would advise to go through to cancellations with what you are looking for they are very likely to agree.
chico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 15:13
Mrs.W
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 722
I've just spoken to Sky and the best deal at the moment for any existing customer wanting to upgrade to Sky + is to recommend a friend.

The deal is if you recommend a friend to Sky (not an existing customer) they will get basic Sky + dish + installation for free. If they want Sky + they'll get it for £49 inc installation.

You will get Sky+ and installation free.

The direct number for recommend a friend is
08701942009
Mrs.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 15:25
niall campbell
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,925
yes yes but your not threatning to leave sky. when you want to leave you go through to a specialist team who deal in cancellations.

then you tell them that you are leaving because no deal for existing customers. they should offer sky+ for £49

they used to do it and thats what tobykin was saying we dont know if they still do it

whats the point in introducing a friend? great if you know someone but rubbish if you dont
niall campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 15:25
+3dB
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,716
Dang, I missed out on the recommend a friend offer because my mate can't have a dish on his house and went for Telewest instead.

Guess I'll try the threatening to cancel option.
+3dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 15:27
niall campbell
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,925
why cant +3dbs mate put dish up?
niall campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 15:33
Mrs.W
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 722
Originally Posted by niall campbell
yes yes but your not threatning to leave sky. when you want to leave you go through to a specialist team who deal in cancellations.

then you tell them that you are leaving because no deal for existing customers. they should offer sky+ for £49

they used to do it and thats what tobykin was saying we dont know if they still do it

whats the point in introducing a friend? great if you know someone but rubbish if you dont
When i was told that the recommend a friend was the cheapest way of getting Sky+, i mentioned that i was going to look elsewhere and they still didn't budge.
Mrs.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 19:11
everton2005
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: liverpool
Posts: 376
am on sky sports mix £49 includes installation
everton2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 20:10
willywonker
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,985
Originally Posted by Mrs.W
I've just spoken to Sky and the best deal at the moment for any existing customer wanting to upgrade to Sky + is to recommend a friend.

The deal is if you recommend a friend to Sky (not an existing customer) they will get basic Sky + dish + installation for free. If they want Sky + they'll get it for £49 inc installation.

You will get Sky+ and installation free.

The direct number for recommend a friend is
08701942009
Exactly what i did and they are installing Sky + on Wednesday
willywonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 15:54
+3dB
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,716
Originally Posted by niall campbell
why cant +3dbs mate put dish up?
A rented house with an inflexible landlord, unfortunately.
+3dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 16:53
niall campbell
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,925
mrs w did you get through to the cancellation team or was it first person you spole to

the deals great if you know someone thats about it
niall campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:04
Mrs.W
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 722
Originally Posted by niall campbell
mrs w did you get through to the cancellation team or was it first person you spole to

the deals great if you know someone thats about it
Hi, I spoke to the sales team.
Mrs.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:31
wintv
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Aughton - South West Lancs
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by chico1
I phoned today got a £49 deal for sky+ including installation. I had cancelled sky two months ago and they had called me before Xmas offering me £49 deal which I did not take then.
I called them today told them that I want take the them up on the £49 that they made to me and they said fine.

If they dont play ball I would advise to go through to cancellations with what you are looking for they are very likely to agree.
Thanks Chico - it worked - £49.00 and free fitting.
wintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 14:18
chico1
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by wintv
Thanks Chico - it worked - £49.00 and free fitting.
I am glad that it worked and you got what you were looking for.
My only minor grump is that they gave me an istallation date 2 weeks out. From what I read most people are getting it within the week. I live in south west London so I would have thought they would have plenty of intsallers their. Hope you enjoy your Sky+.
chico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:43
Dynamic
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by wintv
Thanks Chico - it worked - £49.00 and free fitting.
And for me as well. My digibox has just gone wrong, and when I first contacted Sky they offered me the £65 service call to repair / replace existing equipment. On asking about Sky+ was told it was £99 & £60 installation for existing customers (installation waived if Multiroom was chosen - which I didn't want)

Thanks to this thread, and someone else pointing me towards this forum, I have just saved myself £110 by getting upgraded to Sky+ for £49 instead of £159. On top of that because I am a subscriber to one of the entertainment packages the £10 per month charge for Sky+ is also waived.

Looking at some of the other postings on this forum, I just hope I don't end up with an Amstrad box!

Last edited by Dynamic : 12-01-2007 at 10:44.
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 13:41
EdinburghDavid
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 2,368
Thanks to this thread, Iíve just called and got a Sky+ upgrade for £49 (and free install).

The sales department said it was £100 & £60 install cost. I asked for Cancellations and said a I wanted to cancel as a friend had upgraded for £49.00. They then said I could upgrade for £49.00!!

Canít wait to get it now!!
EdinburghDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 15:51
niall campbell
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,925
at last we know cancellation team still doing deal and we dont have to introduce a friend
niall campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 16:06
squired
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Gotta give you guys credit. Don't think I'd convincingly be able to do the whole I wanna cancel bluff to get it for £49.
squired is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:18.