Options

PC not booting. Debug card error 'd0'

My sisters PC suddenly just decided to no longer boot up. It used to start up and the CPU fan would run at high speed then automatically slow down once things were up and running, it now just stays at the same fast speed.

The PC doesn't give any beeps or output anything to the monitor.

I've tried booting with all peripherals detached, no memory Hard Disks PCI cards etc and it still does exactly the same.

I have a PCI test card (2 segment) which shows that the PSU has all rails working fine and when power is switched on to the PC it has a dot which falshes a few times left to right and immediately gives code d0 (zero).

In the manual it came with there is no error code for this for a Phoenix Bios which the PC has, but found on the net the folowing
'D0 Interrupt handler error'

Anybody have any ideas what this actually points to, and how to fix it ???

I'd imagine i'm looking at either new mobo or new CPU but would hope to find a different solution :D

I may try resetting the bios as i haven't done this yet.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    KamiKami Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try reseating the CPU after resetting the BIOS, my old PC (now at my folks and running happily) did something similar but worked fine after a reseat.

you might also want to check all fans are connected properly, perhaps the bios isn't picking up the existance of a CPU fan and is protecting the processor. I know the fan is rotating but it doesn't mean the BIOS can see it, reseat all the connectors.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Before you do anything, then unplug it from the mains and hold in the power button. This discharges the caps as well as clearing a couple of the ROMs so that might be stopping it POSTing properly.

Otherwise you're looking at a new mobo if the usual (eg clearing CMOS) don't work, it's unlikely to be the CPU.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replys but i had no luck with any of the above :(

Wit hregard the CPU fan, does one of the wires send a signal back to the board or are they just power? ? It has 3 wires, red yellow and black. I was thinking if there was a break in the one that sent back a signal then as Kami said the BIOS may not be picking up the CPU fan.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Speed, L and N. Don't ask me which is which. It would POST but say CPU fan error or something.

Suspect MB is goosed.