Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 

Process to cancel Virgin media


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13-03-2007, 21:47
Ruud
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 511

Hi

Could anyone tell me how to cancel cable and move to sky i want to know what number to dial and how long the whole process takes from virgin to sky.
Im hoping someone who has already done this can guide me though it

Thanks all
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-03-2007, 21:58
SerenityMovie
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Serenity Valley
Posts: 3,504
Dial 150 from your TW phone

Tell them you want to cancel

I think you have to give 30 days notice, but they can clarify

Phone Sky or go to Sky.com and choose a package + installation date & time.
SerenityMovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 23:48
Ruud
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 511
and when i cancel cable will my singal go straight away so im without tv till sky install
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 01:17
jauh
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,835
Originally Posted by Ruud
and when i cancel cable will my singal go straight away so im without tv till sky install
30 days notice
jauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 02:14
intheknow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bristol
Posts: 4,837
You may even be in time for the catch-up weekend of Lost etc...
intheknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 05:46
richard1960
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by SerenityMovie
Dial 150 from your TW phone

Tell them you want to cancel

I think you have to give 30 days notice, but they can clarify

Phone Sky or go to Sky.com and choose a package + installation date & time.
But do not be surprised if like me,sky send you a cobra engineer who is completely incompetant ,and mucks the job up altogether!four times in a row.which is why i will stick with vm.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 05:52
intheknow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bristol
Posts: 4,837
Originally Posted by richard1960
But do not be surprised if like me,sky send you a cobra engineer who is completely incompetant ,and mucks the job up altogether!four times in a row.which is why i will stick with vm.
Funny seeing for installs on Sky and Virgin are done by exactly the same company.

Last edited by intheknow : 14-03-2007 at 05:54.
intheknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 05:59
richard1960
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by intheknow
Funny seeing as they both contract the same company as installers.
That may be the case,but vm installers done my cable or ntl as they were and they did it ok first time ,but after four attempts by the sky cobra engineers i cancelled,only to be phoned by sky c/s a month later saying they had got rid of the company that had given bad service and would i still like sky,i told them no as i had already signed up to ntl,if only they had done the job properly first time!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 12:23
Skware Eyes
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by Ruud
Hi

Could anyone tell me how to cancel cable and move to sky i want to know what number to dial and how long the whole process takes from virgin to sky.
Im hoping someone who has already done this can guide me though it

Thanks all
Be prepared for a lengthy wait on the phone.

I had to call yet again this month to correct my bill, the length of time I was waiting for customer service to answer convinced me to quit totally. Every month since I moved over from Sky they have overcharged me. They are obviously unwilling/incapable of sorting my problem out so my money goes back to Sky.

The VM customer service is shockingly bad.
Skware Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 12:32
platelet
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: GL51 0EX
Posts: 7,383
Originally Posted by richard1960
That may be the case,but vm installers done my cable or ntl as they were and they did it ok first time ,but after four attempts by the sky cobra engineers i cancelled,only to be phoned by sky c/s a month later saying they had got rid of the company that had given bad service and would i still like sky,i told them no as i had already signed up to ntl,if only they had done the job properly first time!!!!!!
yet I had half a dozen problems with NTL engineers, mostly around them not bothering to turn up. Finally I switched over to Sky and have had three installs by them without a hitch. That must mean that VM are actually pure evil and should be avoided at all costs, whilst sky are absolute saints.

Either that or not all engineers are the same.

At least Sky got rid of the company that was causing the problem
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 13:11
tvtimes
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 8,972
Yeah and virgin are changing their kelly's contractors too but it hasnt been decided who will be replacing them as of yet
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 19:33
cmq2
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,532
Section J of the T&Cs state how you give notice: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ble/terms.html

There is a way of getting your cancellation phone number here: https://client.virgin.net/signin/sig...ageOptions=256

Backing up your notice with a recorded delivery letter may be prudent (copied to your bank if you pay by DD). The specific adresss, though, is not clear.
cmq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 19:57
frankie500
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FK3
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by cmq2
Section J of the T&Cs state how you give notice: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ble/terms.html

There is a way of getting your cancellation phone number here: https://client.virgin.net/signin/sig...ageOptions=256

Backing up your notice with a recorded delivery letter may be prudent (copied to your bank if you pay by DD). The specific adresss, though, is not clear.
Address on back of my bill is:.

Virgin Media Ltd
PO BOX 333
Matrix Court
Llansamlet
Swansea
SA7 9BB
frankie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 21:27
HANHAM97
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 342

The address is one of the ex NTL centres.
HANHAM97 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 22:04
Ruud
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 511
ive heard about a cable switching pack do i need to phone sky up and ask for one to be sent in the post? and also did any of you have to pay to get a BT line installed?

Last edited by Ruud : 14-03-2007 at 22:21.
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 22:41
Eamondo
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,243
Originally Posted by intheknow
Funny seeing for installs on Sky and Virgin are done by exactly the same company.
why that is a third party company so to make the most money they can they will try and do both, from sky and VM's POV if that company are the cheapest why not choose them.
Eamondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 01:31
intheknow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bristol
Posts: 4,837
Originally Posted by Eamondo
why that is a third party company so to make the most money they can they will try and do both, from sky and VM's POV if that company are the cheapest why not choose them.
I don't understand the question due to the bad grammar and lack of punctuation sorry.
intheknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 07:31
thedude_xyz
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 138
LOL
thedude_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 11:08
Ruud
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 511
can someone please answer my question above
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 18:31
Ruud
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 511
Originally Posted by SerenityMovie
Dial 150 from your TW phone

Tell them you want to cancel

I think you have to give 30 days notice, but they can clarify

Phone Sky or go to Sky.com and choose a package + installation date & time.
Well on sky website is says

CANCEL YOUR CABLE TV AND TELEPHONE CONTRACT

Once the Sky TV engineer has installed your Sky TV service, send the cancellation letters to cancel your cable TV service and cable telephone service. You will find the letters inside the cable switching pack, simply fill in your account number, sign and send them off in the pre-paid envelopes. There is usually a 30-day notice period.

so your wrong when you say cancel first
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 18:37
sjmcards2002
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 93
i didnt have to pay for an line as i had bt in the past

however if your homes never had an bt line then it cost u 124 to have one put in
sjmcards2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:13.