Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

0904 number

Old 14-03-2007, 21:50
rebelrickb
Forum Member

Just recieved my latest bill and there is a 0904 premium rate number charged at 1.50 for 3 seconds on it. I havent rang it neither my wife. Anyone else got this on there bill. Is VM trying it on.
rebelrickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-03-2007, 22:00
Cadire

Originally Posted by rebelrickb
Is VM trying it on.
Yep, VM are trying it on. The evil bearded one is out to get you. I mean...what else could it possibly be?

On the other hand it could be that somebody did dial the number.

Old 14-03-2007, 22:07
ispartacus75
Forum Member

Ring the number and find out who it is.

Oh, hang on a minute........
ispartacus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 22:22
davethorp
Forum Member

If you have a dial up modem connected to the computer may be worth running a virus scan and spyware to check for rogue dialers. Course you should be checking for viruses at least once a week anyway. If you have a rogue dialer on there a 3s call will soon be the least of your worries. If you don't have antivirus (and you are running windows) then get it quick. http://free.grisoft.com will help with viruses and windows defender from microsoft will check for spyware

Failing that are you sure you didn't enter a competition or anything? Is the call charge really that high on your bill for 3 seconds? It's unlikely (though still possible) that virgin would bill a call that didn't happen though if you are still unsure query it with them
davethorp is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 23:51
dave09
Forum Member

Originally Posted by davethorp
If you have a dial up modem connected to the computer may be worth running a virus scan and spyware to check for rogue dialers. Course you should be checking for viruses at least once a week anyway. If you have a rogue dialer on there a 3s call will soon be the least of your worries. If you don't have antivirus (and you are running windows) then get it quick. http://free.grisoft.com will help with viruses and windows defender from microsoft will check for spyware

Failing that are you sure you didn't enter a competition or anything? Is the call charge really that high on your bill for 3 seconds? It's unlikely (though still possible) that virgin would bill a call that didn't happen though if you are still unsure query it with them

Some premium rate numbers are charged at say 1.50 or whatever price they want to charge flat rate either 3 seconds or 3 minutes, it could be 1.50
dave09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 23:59
Ginger Nut
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Cadire
Yep, VM are trying it on. The evil bearded one is out to get you. I mean...what else could it possibly be?

On the other hand it could be that somebody did dial the number.

Well it does seem far more likely that he has stumbled on some secret VM cash scam than someone dialled a premium number with their finger.
Ginger Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 00:07
virginmediaguy
Forum Member

Originally Posted by rebelrickb
Just recieved my latest bill and there is a 0904 premium rate number charged at 1.50 for 3 seconds on it. I havent rang it neither my wife. Anyone else got this on there bill. Is VM trying it on.
Try identifying it on http://www.icstis.org/ they regulate the premium rate number services so if it is scam run by Virgin it will be picked up pretty quickly (it's not done by Virgin, 1.50 isn't worth the hassle and has all kinds of legal implications for such a big company). Chances are as has been said before it's a rogue dialler on your computer or possibly if you have an Amstrad Email phone or Sky Digital as they often use these numbers as a way of paying for their services. Of course it could never be someone else in the property like say a teenager!
virginmediaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 01:39
intheknow
Banned User

It will be a flat rate, were you in at the time / date of the call? could you have possibly dialed and then hung up?

A BBC show or charity donation to comic relief type thing?
intheknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 08:12
bell
Forum Member

Methinks your wife is lying
bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 09:34
boyzie
Forum Member

Originally Posted by bell
Methinks your wife is lying
LOL.....I think you could be right.Them woman love them scams,as I know to my cost.
boyzie is offline   Reply With Quote