Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

BT Vision Remote codes

Old 15-05-2007, 14:42
paulbeattie87
Forum Member

Got the box installed just hours ago!!!

But the remote control has some issues. I have a Goodmans GTVL20W7HD does anybody on here have ideas for codes. It is manufactured by Tatung on behalf of Goodmans but neither the Goodmans or Tatung codes in the Vision books work.

All help appreciated!!!
paulbeattie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-05-2007, 14:45
gmack2000
Forum Member

Paul it may be an idea to email the support guys at BT Vision or give them a quick bell.

They should be able to help you quite quickly - if you don't get anywhere with them, I can raise it through the support feedback channel to see if we can get an answer for you.

Got the box installed just hours ago!!!

But the remote control has some issues. I have a Goodmans GTVL20W7HD does anybody on here have ideas for codes. It is manufactured by Tatung on behalf of Goodmans but neither the Goodmans or Tatung codes in the Vision books work.

All help appreciated!!!
gmack2000 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 15:45
paulbeattie87
Forum Member

Already called they said if that does not work then its a new remote but I fail to see what the issue with the remote is I may be wrong.

What do you think?

Paul it may be an idea to email the support guys at BT Vision or give them a quick bell.

They should be able to help you quite quickly - if you don't get anywhere with them, I can raise it through the support feedback channel to see if we can get an answer for you.
Old 15-05-2007, 17:30
speckledhen
Forum Member

Have you checked this web site out http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode2.htm
It list loads of codes, not checked if yours is amongst them
speckledhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 19:33
paulbeattie87
Forum Member

Have you checked this web site out http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode2.htm
It list loads of codes, not checked if yours is amongst them
Thats for Sky, are the remotes the same?
Old 15-05-2007, 21:41
Magnetron
Forum Member

Just to share my experience with codes.

Old Philips t.v was fine with the Vbox control, new LG one not.

Spoke to the tech support team and they referred me to LG.

LG said it's down to BT but said to try another set of codes they gave me via e-mail.

Still no joy, BT called back suggesting this website, but none of these work either.

http://www.remotecentral.com/vl900/codes1.htm

May be worth a try with other sets / brands.
Magnetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 21:44
paulbeattie87
Forum Member

Same happened with me, they have an impressive list of codes compared to a number of other companies looks like out TV's are just too new!

Just to share my experience with codes.

Old Philips t.v was fine with the Vbox control, new LG one not.

LG said it's down to BT but said to try another set of codes they gave me via e-mail.

Still no joy, BT called back suggesting this website, but none of these work either.

http://www.remotecentral.com/vl900/codes1.htm

May be worth a try with other sets / brands.
Old 15-05-2007, 21:52
Magnetron
Forum Member

Yes, I guess the last resort is to buy a "One for all" type of remote, or to do as I am doing and juggle both !
Old 15-05-2007, 21:53
paulbeattie87
Forum Member

Yes, I guess the last resort is to buy a "One for all" type of remote, or to do as I am doing and juggle both !
I think to be honest a better solution to this would have been to have a secondary volume on the V-box like my Philips freeview where I can mute and adjust the volume on the box only but not the TV it serves the same purpose. Then you only need the TV remote when you need to switch modes or turn it off.
Old 15-05-2007, 21:57
Magnetron
Forum Member

I think to be honest a better solution to this would have been to have a secondary volume on the V-box like my Philips freeview where I can mute and adjust the volume on the box only but not the TV it serves the same purpose. Then you only need the TV remote when you need to switch modes or turn it off.
Actually you have a good point there, it's only the volume control that I really miss.

Incidentally, I find the audio output signal from the Vbox much lower than that from other other sources, it would be good if it were variable.
Old 26-07-2007, 15:44
killeenjd
Forum Member

Had exactly the same experience. I called BT Vision support about my LG TV and they said it was down to LG to give me a code

Anyway I played along and called LG, who said "why on earth would we have codes for a BT Vision remote control?" Fair point. LG do have Sky codes to give to customers, but the codes are supplied by Sky.

I look forward to the day when support departments are honest enough to say "we have no idea and we can't help you" rather than making something up as they go along.
killeenjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 15:47
roland69
Forum Member

my tv was not listed, but for some reason it sorted itself out
roland69 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 16:01
davidhall101
Forum Member

I couldn't get mine to work originally, so I went along with the trial and error approach... it's in the instructions, I can't remember exactly how to do it. But is something like holding down a couple of buttons and then pressing a button, try the volume button, if it works then it's set, if not then press the button again and try the volume again and just keep going until your TV recognises it. I know this isn't much use without knowing the buttons to press, but it's in the instruction book somewhere.
davidhall101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 16:28
spaceghost2007
Forum Member

Had exactly the same experience. I called BT Vision support about my LG TV and they said it was down to LG to give me a code

Anyway I played along and called LG, who said "why on earth would we have codes for a BT Vision remote control?" Fair point. LG do have Sky codes to give to customers, but the codes are supplied by Sky.

I look forward to the day when support departments are honest enough to say "we have no idea and we can't help you" rather than making something up as they go along.
I have an LG Plasma (42PC1D), and had the same problem for a while. Then I read on a forum somewhere (Here or AVForums) that I should try starting at 0000, then try 0001, then 0002 etc...

I thought it was a load of rubbish and that'd it take days to find the code. By 0006 it started working. I couldn't believe it! This code was not in the BT Vision manual or anywhere on the web!

Give it a try, you may be surprised like I was!
spaceghost2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 17:01
davidhall101
Forum Member

There's a way of cycling through each code one by one without entering 0001, 0002, 0003 etc... just by pressing one button. But that may be what you're referring to (rather than actually entering each code individually). I'm not sure where my instructions are anymore, can anyone find what I'm on about or am I losing my grip on reality
davidhall101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 17:28
minusdot
Forum Member

There's a way of cycling through each code one by one without entering 0001, 0002, 0003 etc... just by pressing one button. But that may be what you're referring to (rather than actually entering each code individually). I'm not sure where my instructions are anymore, can anyone find what I'm on about or am I losing my grip on reality
I think you may have lost your grip on reality! Although I'd love to be mistaken. Many universal remote controls come with the facility you mention, but I don't believe it's an option on the BT remote, sadly.
minusdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 17:56
killeenjd
Forum Member

I have an LG Plasma (42PC1D), and had the same problem for a while. Then I read on a forum somewhere (Here or AVForums) that I should try starting at 0000, then try 0001, then 0002 etc...

I thought it was a load of rubbish and that'd it take days to find the code. By 0006 it started working. I couldn't believe it! This code was not in the BT Vision manual or anywhere on the web!

Give it a try, you may be surprised like I was!
spaceghost2007 -- I almost got excited when I read your post, because by happy coincidence my TV is also a 42PC1D. And yes the remote's now working for me too, so thank you (although for anyone else in the same situation, it wasn't 0006 that worked for me, it was 0005).
killeenjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 19:05
Magnetron
Forum Member

Still not managed to get anwhere with this myself since originally starting the thread, despite working through all the codes starting at 0000

BT were useless and as I said (and as quoted) above, LG couldn't help !

Not much point having a universal remote that only works with some sets.
Old 27-07-2007, 09:45
spaceghost2007
Forum Member

spaceghost2007 -- I almost got excited when I read your post, because by happy coincidence my TV is also a 42PC1D. And yes the remote's now working for me too, so thank you (although for anyone else in the same situation, it wasn't 0006 that worked for me, it was 0005).
No problem!
Thinking about it, I think it was 0005 for me actually. I wasn't too sure as I did it a couple of months ago. All I knew is that I came across it really quickly!
spaceghost2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 13:22
joegossage
Forum Member

Just tried 0005 myself and it worked first time, great! Many thanks I thought I was going to be stuck juggling remotes again, now if only it could control my DVD....
joegossage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 13:43
angrycat
Forum Member

I've just programmed my LG RZ-17LZ40 with the 0005 code. Thanks guys
angrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 13:19
paradisiac
Forum Member

i have a polaroid LCD tv, no codes for that either, anyone know if its another brand rebadged?
paradisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 11:19
jachol
Forum Member

Another Big Aye for 0005, ... just installed a 32" Hannspree model TV, and was going bananas trying to program the V box remote to control volume etc. until I found this thread, 0005 worked first time. So many thanks to spaceghost2007.
One strange thing ... the Mode button doesn't seem to change anything on my remote, and I've found nothing in the manual that refers to it, ideas anyone ?. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:24
wwwebber
Forum Member

Another Big Aye for 0005, ... just installed a 32" Hannspree model TV, and was going bananas trying to program the V box remote to control volume etc. until I found this thread, 0005 worked first time. So many thanks to spaceghost2007.
One strange thing ... the Mode button doesn't seem to change anything on my remote, and I've found nothing in the manual that refers to it, ideas anyone ?. ... Jack
Holy thread revival Batman !!

Anyway, the mode button swtiches the volume & channel buttons from TV to BTVision and vice versa.
wwwebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:42
jachol
Forum Member

Holy thread revival Batman !!

Anyway, the mode button swtiches the volume & channel buttons from TV to BTVision and vice versa.
Hi wwwebber
I may have brought the thread up from the dead, but it seemed like a lifesaver to me. LOL.
OK thanks on the mode button, that's something I need to check, doesn't seem to make a lot of difference with me. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote