Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Acoustic Solutions DAB

Old 26-09-2007, 21:55
ledders
Forum Member

Hi.

I have just purchased an Acoustic Solutions PD2 DAB radio. I mainly got it so that I can listen to a decent Radio 5Live broadcast. And for what I paid for it, 30, it does the trick.

However, I was just wondering if anybody else had the same model, and if they have, does the backlight on the LCD display go off after about a minute. It's a pain in the neck as you can't read the scrolling text that the broadcaster offers.

I am just wonder if this is a "feature" of whether it is a fault with the one I got. There is nothing in the manual for this.

Thanks.
ledders is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-09-2007, 22:20
mikeydb
Forum Member

I'm not sure if it's a feature, but I think it was one of the first battery operated dab radios available in the uk, with that I guess the light goes out to save a little bit of battery life...
mikeydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 22:25
ledders
Forum Member

It isn't battery operated. It has a mains supply.
ledders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 05:15
Psion123
Forum Member

I'm not sure if it's a feature, but I think it was one of the first battery operated dab radios available in the uk, with that I guess the light goes out to save a little bit of battery life...
Dunno, but why not read the manual! Maybe there is an option to have backlight off, timed or permanent.
Psion123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 20:36
Kargo
Forum Member

yeah mate mine does the same I dont think its faulty, just how they decided to have it i suppose
Kargo is offline   Reply With Quote