Options

The Paedophile Clown Story

toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
Forum Member
Hey everyone

I wanted to share with you a true story i heard today. I had heard the story before, though i thought it was just one of those scary fiction stories.....but i found out today it DID happen, and it happened here in Northern Ireland.

BEWARE: If you have a fear of clowns like i do :(, then you might want to think twice about reading

Here goes:

This girl was babysitting for a family she knew. She put the child (3 year old) to bed in her bedroom and went downstairs.......after a while, the child starting crying hysterically, so she went up to check on her. She eventually got the child to settle down again.

She went back downstairs, but almost immediately the child started crying AGAIN hysterically...so she went up and comforted the little girl....once settled she went back down again.

It happened a third time....she went u p to comfort the child, and noticed what she thought was a big clown DOLL/thing in the corner of the room - she thought the clown maybe upset the child.....so she settled the child again and went downstairs to ring the parents.

On the phone to the parents, she said the child wouldn't stop crying hysterically, and everytime she got her settled she'd cry again. She asked the parents about the big clown doll in the childs room - to which the parents replied there was no clown doll in the room...the child never had a big clown doll...

So the girl panicked - went upstairs when she heard the child crying again, collected the child, came back downstairs and ran out of the house to a neighbour - while they dialled the police, they kept watch on the house, and the neighbour noticed a man dressed as a clown running away from the back of the house.

Police came, and they eventually caught the clown - turns out the clown was actually a Lithuanian Paedophile who had been hiding in the little girls room..

So that's the story....has anyone else heard it before? i had, but didn't realise it happened here - apparently my friend knows the babysitters boyfriend and that's how she found out it was true - though i'm still not so sure myself.

clowns realllly freak me out and scare me, so when i heard this i was actually sooo shocked and scared....

Sorry it's long...

comment on it, let me know if you've heard this before..
Or if you know where it happened etc?? I'm still not convinced that it happened here in Northern Ireland though..

Comments

• Options
    thecreepingmessthecreepingmess Posts: 3,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... apparently my friend knows the babysitters boyfriend and that's how she found out it was true...

:rolleyes:

My bullshit-o-meter went off the scale.
  • Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smacks of an urban legend to me
  • Options
    MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a bridge for sale that you may be intrested in.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were listening to Radio One this morning weren't you. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinJ wrote: »
    I have a bridge for sale that you may be intrested in.

Would that be London Bridge - the one with the two towers and which opens up?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haha ok didn't know if this was for real..

Makes quite a good horror story for people scared of clowns though:o Like me :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would that be London Bridge - the one with the two towers and which opens up?!

That's Tower Bridge. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ianx wrote: »

:eek::eek::(:( *shivers* At the pic of the clown in that link
  • Options
    thecreepingmessthecreepingmess Posts: 3,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the clown in question:

here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Examinus wrote: »
    That's Tower Bridge. :confused:

I know - but didn't the American who bought the old London Bridge think that he was buying Tower Bridge?:) Or is that an urban legend as well:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haha ok just read that link from ianx there lol :o Loada tosh then! :o :rolleyes: typical me to believe something like that! lol
  • Options
    michymichy Posts: 4,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::(:( *shivers* At the pic of the clown in that link

*is glad she never clicked on the link* :eek: :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

here.

:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::cry: WHY YYYYYYYY????? Why did you post that lol ......

Why am i in the house on my own now lol...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The clown doll in Poltergeist. :eek: That's the scariest clown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know - but didn't the American who bought the old London Bridge think that he was buying Tower Bridge?:) Or is that an urban legend as well:confused:
    I'm afraid it is an urban legend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting how the myth changes to add in other more current fears - from a killer midget to a Lithuanian paedophile.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,695
    Forum Member

here.

too scared to see that:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid it is an urban legend.

Do'h! I need to read snopes more closely:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wouldn't this be giving ideas to like potential paedophiles or killers :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wouldn't this be giving ideas to like potential paedophiles or killers :(
    Yeah, but it wouldn't be very original.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting how the myth changes to add in other more current fears - from a killer midget to a Lithuanian paedophile.

The development of urban myths and how they change to reflect the current climate is fascinating. Been to a couple of lectures on the subject at Fortean Times conventions.

Like the one which, I dare say, is still around about needles filled with HIV positive blood being hidden in cinema seats. In the 19th Century it was needles filled with opium or the like in theatre seats which would be used to drug young ladies who would then be sold into the 'white slave' trade.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    too scared to see that:o:D

DONT look at it :D I forgot how much I hated clowns till I looked at that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but it wouldn't be very original.

true i suppose :o

Has anyone ever seen the movie "IT"??

I seen the dvd cover for it in HMV and it had a big scary clown on the front, so i'm never watching that!