Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Advice on installation + magic eye

Old 12-10-2007, 10:29
MoDingle
Forum Member

I am getting Sky+ fitted on Tuesday. At the moment I have a digital box in living room and a cable from dish to tv in bedroom which I operate with magic eye but obviously have to watch same channel on both. When I have Sky+ fitted will I be able to watch different channel in each room?

Also what should I look out for during installation, is there anything I should pay particular attention to?

Thank you
MoDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:32
Rik Bean
Forum Member

The Sky+ box has only one decoder, so although you can record two programmes, or record one and watch one, you can only ever have a single output.
Rik Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:34
MoDingle
Forum Member

Wow thanks for the speedy reply.

Is it as simple as plugging the magic eye cable from digibox into the Sky+ box or is it more complicated than that?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:55
niall campbell
Forum Member

you need to switch the power on for it to work in hidden menu

services, then 4 then 0 then1 then select

goto rf2 options and power on
niall campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 13:56
stephen25uk
Forum Member

when you get the sky plus fitted most instalers have a look at your set up now and install the nes box the same way..i.e if you have a magic eye they will set up the magic eye for you with the sky plus box..if not ask...failing that its easy to do as the previous post says
stephen25uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 20:33
MoDingle
Forum Member

Well thought it was too good to be true. After threatening to cancel and receiving a +box for 49 I got a call today from Sky saying my installation has been changed from 16th to 23rd Oct. They said they had a computer error and no spaces available for 16th !! They left message on ansafone along with number for me to call back to say if this was ok - surprise surprise number doesn't work. Got through to them eventually and looks like its all go for 23rd