Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sky+ Problem

Old 02-12-2007, 20:38
danamackie
Forum Member

Hi there

I'm having problems recording programmes from my sky+ box to dvd or vhs. Bought an HQ Macro-Plus Copy Decoder
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-Macro-Plu...ustomerReviews) and it doesn't help at all.

Connected the box to my dvd recorder and my sky+ box with an extra scart lead and it causes the box to loose signal therefore I cant record.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
danamackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:52
pcbbc
Forum Member

I'm having problems recording programmes from my sky+ box to dvd or vhs. Bought an HQ Macro-Plus Copy Decoder
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-Macro-Plu...ustomerReviews) and it doesn't help at all.
Only the PPV (Pay Per View) channels on Sky have macrovision protection.
Note that that does NOT include the standard movie or sport subscription channels.

Connected the box to my dvd recorder and my sky+ box with an extra scart lead and it causes the box to loose signal therefore I cant record.
Does this happen regardless of which SCART socket you use?
Have you tried a different SCART cable, for example the one you normally use to connect to the TV, to connect to the VCR/DVD?

If you have tried different cables and different recording devices (i.e. DVD and VCR) and they both give the same result, this points at a (unusual) fault with the Sky+ box.
pcbbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:23
danamackie
Forum Member

I've only tried it with the scart connections that are empty at the moment. Ive tried one from the sky+ box to the macrovision decoder box and then one from my dvd recorder to the other connection in the decoder box but it looses the sky signal when i do it
danamackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:50
pcbbc
Forum Member

I've only tried it with the scart connections that are empty at the moment. Ive tried one from the sky+ box to the macrovision decoder box and then one from my dvd recorder to the other connection in the decoder box but it looses the sky signal when i do it
Is it a separately powered decoder, or does it derive power from the SCART socket?
Try without the decoder first. As I said, most Sky content is NOT macrovision protected - and we probably shouldn't be helping you record the stuff that is...
pcbbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 13:09
platelet
Forum Member

Hi there

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Have you tried putting it in line from the TV out rather than the VCR out of the sky box...
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote