Parking in Greenwich (O2 Arena)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,399
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My friend at work is going to see the Spice Girls at the O2 Arena on Sunday...
She was too late prebooking a parking space at the O2 arena and now she's stuck for a place to park!

You can't park on the roads around there and it's going to to be chocka block!

Does anyone have any parking suggestions??? Although sadly there isn't a spare ticket in it for you :D

Comments

• FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    There's a large car park near the Greenwich Odeon, only a short bus ride from the dome. Not sure if it's free to park or what the opening times are.

Don't want a spare ticket all the same, thanks. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysticegg wrote: »
    My friend at work is going to see the Spice Girls at the O2 Arena on Sunday...
    She was too late prebooking a parking space at the O2 arena and now she's stuck for a place to park!

You can't park on the roads around there and it's going to to be chocka block!

Does anyone have any parking suggestions??? Although sadly there isn't a spare ticket in it for you :D

Can your friend not use public transport?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevo44 wrote: »
    Can your friend not use public transport?
    She doesn't know London that well unfortunately, but we're having trouble finding something relatively close that we could get to by bus/tube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysticegg wrote: »
    She doesn't know London that well unfortunately, but we're having trouble finding something relatively close that we could get to by bus/tube.

That would be my advice. Try and find some where to travel in by tube. You will be very lucky to park, and might find the charges are equal to a tube ticket.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd use public transport

http://www.theo2.co.uk/web/guest/gettingthere

North Greenwich underground is right by the Arena. Seems to much easier than worrying about the hassle of parking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    msjj wrote: »
    I'd use public transport

North Greenwich underground is right by the Arena. Seems to much easier than worrying about the hassle of parking.

I've just found an NCP car park which is 100m away from the O2. We're just trying to get hold of them on the phone now to see if we have to pre-book and pay over the phone. The website says they have availability so it's looking good at the moment...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    msjj wrote: »
    I'd use public transport

Sorted! £3 for the Sunday, £6 to leave after midnight (day rate for the car park).

Thankyou all for your help. Tickets are in the post ;)