Windows Update Error Code 78F

Hi I currently have Windows Vista and have been using windows update to install service pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2007 however everytime windows update tries to install this update it does not finish the installation process.

Windows Update gets part way through the installation (I would say about a quarter of the way) and then stops and says some updates were not installed and gives a error code of 78F. I have done some googling and have seen this is a common problem however no one seems to have a solution to it so I was wondering does anyone on here know how to successfully install this update?

Thanks

Comments

• LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    bradisace wrote: »
    Hi I currently have Windows Vista and have been using windows update to install service pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2007 however everytime windows update tries to install this update it does not finish the installation process.

Windows Update gets part way through the installation (I would say about a quarter of the way) and then stops and says some updates were not installed and gives a error code of 78F. I have done some googling and have seen this is a common problem however no one seems to have a solution to it so I was wondering does anyone on here know how to successfully install this update?

Thanks

Sorry I dont have Vista myself but had a little google of your problem and more questions than answers ok, but the one answer that supposedly works is ...... ( copy and paste ) .......

Have you solved the 78f error yet?

If not have you tried with the Office 2007 DVD in each of your DVD

drives?

Insert the Office 2007 in the drive before going to Microsoft/Windows

Update.

Then start Windows/Microsoft Update.

Worth a try. Someone else suggested turning off antivirus for the update
    but I think I'd try inserting the disk first.

Good Luck
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    you can download the service pack 1 from here on Microsoft website as a standalone installer seperate to windows update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9EC51594-992C-4165-A997-25DA01F388F5&displaylang=en