Options

Virgin Media changelog

Comments

• Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally8971 wrote: »
    Other Regions like Wales and Northern Ireland may also have their own BBC One HD

The NI version has been around for some time, the Wales version doesn't start until the 29th January.
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally8971 wrote: »
    Just noticed at 6pm
    And now On BBC 1
    The news followed by Reporting Scotland Aso in HD
    Checked the EPG and indead we are now getting BBC One Scotland In HD!

Other Regions like Wales and Northern Ireland may also have their own BBC One HD

I noticed this yesterday but I had to reset all my series links due to this for some reason.
  • Options
    Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,333
    Forum Member
    I noticed this yesterday but I had to reset all my series links due to this for some reason.
    On Sky+ or V+ ? , on TiVo the series links I had originally set on BBC One HD , still work on BBC One Scotland HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »
    On Sky+ or V+ ? , on TiVo the series links I had originally set on BBC One HD , still work on BBC One Scotland HD.

On V+ the series link channel name was changed to "unknown" I just re set them though.
  • Options
    mutant_rabbitmutant_rabbit Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    More4 +1 now on channel 196
  • Options
    gjbgjb Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Tcm Hd 416
    Tcm 2 417
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cartoon Network HD on 732 also Cartoon Network and Boomerang seem to have been added to M+
  • Options
    AndylandAndyland Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cartoon Network HD on 732 also Cartoon Network and Boomerang seem to have been added to M+

Also Film4+1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andyland wrote: »
    Also Film4+1

So if you like movies the only channels you will get extra with XL is The Horror Channel, TCM HD & True Movies 1
  • Options
    Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if you like movies the only channels you will get extra with XL is The Horror Channel, TCM HD & True Movies 1

Looks like VM are starting to really devalue the XL pack, time to look for a change I think
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Toby53 wrote: »
    Looks like VM are starting to really devalue the XL pack, time to look for a change I think

Yes, down to the Size L pack as SizeM/M+ are not worth that much, most of the + channels and of course the Sky Livingit channel is missing in this package
  • Options
    Forum Member

Nope, True Movies 1 is also available in the Size L pack now, you will only get The Horror Channel and TCM HD as the extra channels when upgrading to Size XL TV from Size M/M+/ or from the Size L pack
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    FoxHD and SyFyHD are also only in the XL Pack.
  • Options
    cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FoxHD and SyFyHD are also only in the XL Pack.
    That's probably the main reason why I won't be downgrading...
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    Yeah. Same here.
  • Options
    OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toby53 wrote: »
    It might be worth waiting to see what other new channels will be provided by VM before the coming price rise. Might still be some surprises....
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit ahead of time on this but there was an advert on The Universal Channel today saying it will be moving to channel 137 from next Thursday
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    It might be worth waiting to see what other new channels will be provided by VM before the coming price rise. Might still be some surprises....

And pigs might fly too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex2606 wrote: »
    A bit ahead of time on this but there was an advert on The Universal Channel today saying it will be moving to channel 137 from next Thursday
    and Syfy +1 is moving to 136 and Universal channel +1 is moving to 138 from next thursday.
    http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/exclusive-virgin-media-to-renumber-some.html
  • Options
    dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »
    and Syfy +1 is moving to 136 and Universal channel +1 is moving to 138 from next thursday.
    http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/exclusive-virgin-media-to-renumber-some.html

correct. have now moved
    and why is horror in the xl pack as its fta on satellite?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice the straight move with no slides on the old channels like they used to telling you the channels have moved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Disney Cinemagic channel will be no more from the 28 March 2013 as reported elsewhere and everyone who pays for it as a standalone channel is encouraged to upgrade to the full Sky Movies suite of channels
    for £5 a month as a limited time offer, it will also last for a limited time
    It will not appear on your bill anymore
  • Options
    Forum Member
    everyone who pays for it as a standalone channel is encouraged to upgrade to the full Sky Movies suite of channels

On the Sky website I am sure they have changed the wording as it now says
    There are dozens of Disney and other family movies available on the Sky Movies channels, to help keep everyone entertained
    http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/article/my-sky-updates/2013-01/disney-cinemagic-to-close-in-march/

I am sure earlier today it said something like
    The best way to continue watching Disney Movies is to upgrade to the Sky Movies pack
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Disney Cinemagic channel will be no more from the 28 March 2013 as reported elsewhere and everyone who pays for it as a standalone channel is encouraged to upgrade to the full Sky Movies suite of channels
    for £5 a month as a limited time offer, it will also last for a limited time
    It will not appear on your bill anymore

First they took away Toon Disney now all we're left with is the crap Disney Channels this one was the best out of all 3 :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First they took away Toon Disney now all we're left with is the crap Disney Channels this one was the best out of all 3 :(

Yes, I liked Toon Disney as well, at least I can still watch the main Disney Channel as it was only moved to the Sky Kids pack now in the Sky Entertainment Extra pack