Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Make your own doctor who episode

Old 23-04-2008, 12:22
Steady40
Forum Member

I was having a dream about doctor who last night.

I dreamt that the doctor and donna were walking around London in 1665, the year of the plague. They were chatting, Donna was upset. People were being trapped in their homes.

Then all of a sudden they spotted a car. Yes a car, which wouldn't have been invented until the 20th century, of course!

Then I woke up. So I never knew why.

So would anyone like to explain why there was a car in 17th century london? Purely for fun of course
Steady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-04-2008, 12:24
emma30

Was there a couple snogging in the front seat? And was it a convertable?
Old 23-04-2008, 12:31
vaughan6477
Forum Member

I dreamt that the doctor and donna were walking around London in 1665, the year of the plague. They were chatting, Donna was upset. People were being trapped in their homes.

Then all of a sudden they spotted a car. Yes a car, which wouldn't have been invented until the 20th century, of course!

So would anyone like to explain why there was a car in 17th century london? Purely for fun of course
Maybe it came through the rift in Cardiff, like many people from history did in the Torchwood series 1 finale. Driving it to London could've been dodgy given the roads at the time
vaughan6477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 12:36
Corwin
Forum Member

Well if the car is a De Lorean it's probably Marty McFly travelling through time trying to find the right kind of "Doctor".
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 13:16
Listentome
Forum Member

You know, i'm not sure if it has been done, but maybe we should use this thread to write a good Doctor Who story. anyone can contribute, and so that it doesn't go on for ever, anyone can end it.
Listentome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 13:19
Deathwarmedup
Forum Member

Maybe its the Meddling Monks Tardis he never was that good at history.
Deathwarmedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 13:34
Craig //
Forum Member

What type of car was it?
Craig // is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 13:35
Rorschach
Forum Member

Or the driver could have blinked and was holding on to the car at the time...after all your clothes travel back in time with you.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 14:28
Steady40
Forum Member

You know, i'm not sure if it has been done, but maybe we should use this thread to write a good Doctor Who story. anyone can contribute, and so that it doesn't go on for ever, anyone can end it.
Exactly! That's what i was thinking
Steady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 15:36
Yoonix
Forum Member

Was it a DeLorean?

Oops! Beaten to it!
Yoonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 16:33
Bezmina
Forum Member

I think it was a taxi being driven by someone forced to go "South of the River" against their will.
Bezmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 16:37
agent_c
Forum Member

I like where this is going...

Why was the car there... Because the person who put it there thought it would be funny....

Its a return of the first Time lord to be seen in the series (Excluding the Doctor and Susan), and some would say the prototype for the master (Except the monk isnt really evil, just thinks things are better his way):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meddling_Monk
agent_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 18:03
Markynotts
Forum Member

Was it a Ford Cortina?

with a voice inside the car saying

"My name is Gene Hunt. I had an accident, and I woke up in bloody 1665. Am I mad, pissed, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home"
Markynotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 19:48
lordo350
Forum Member

Was it a Ford Cortina?

"My name is Gene Hunt. I had an accident, and I woke up in bloody 1665. Am I mad, pissed, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home"
Lmao!!!!!!
lordo350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 19:49
Deathwarmedup
Forum Member

Was it a Ford Cortina?

Who will he team up with Samuel Pepys or Dr Johnson? Interesting slant on the diaries or dictionary.
Deathwarmedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 20:52
Scots_Dragon
Forum Member

What I would like to know first off, is how you dreamed of Dr Who in the first place, is this your subconscious telling you that you need to get out more or is it a message from your subconscious that you should not eat that cheese late at night? Either way, as to the car; I don't need a psychology degree to tell you that. Its obviously the Rift from TW, the one that Rose will find in her alternate universe and be coming back through. After all, DW and TW don't write scripts, they regurgitate ideas from each of the shows.
Scots_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote