Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

How long does bowling take?

Old 23-04-2008, 20:05
Alcdrew
Forum Member

My son's birthday is soon and he wants a bowling party. But how long would it roughly take to have a game? Will be 8-10 children aged 9-10?

Thing is most children's parties seem to last about 2 hours, so assuming 30 minutes to feed them how many games do you think need to be booked?
Alcdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-04-2008, 20:08
Errodiel
Forum Member

It totally depends how fast they are! With that many kids you probably want 2 lanes (they're usually in pairs anyway, so they'll give you two adjacent ones).

5 kids per lane means probably about 40mins per game, I reckon - accounting for faffing about, playing with that rack they can use to launch the balls, etc. So maybe 2 games, which allows another 40mins to eat. Enjoy the party

Last edited by Errodiel : 23-04-2008 at 20:08. Reason: Lanes are in pairs, not in paris!
Errodiel is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 21:04
gertrude hubble
Forum Member

A game for 5 lasts about an hour assuming they don't take too long to have their go. Those who have to wait their turn get easily bored and tend to wander off or muck around so it's an idea to take a few other adults with you.
Most kids are quite happy with the one game. 2 may be pushing it.
gertrude hubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 21:52
markybaby
Forum Member

i agree with just one game. Even I get to the point of chucking the ball down the alley on the last couple of goes. Give them 50p for the arcade for the last 20 minutes, nothing like house of the dead 3 to wind 'em up before sending them home to mum and dad
markybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 22:02
Spikie Chick
Forum Member

As a student I worked in a bowl which had a childrens birthday party package. We allocated 2 hours for each party which was 1 hours bowling and 1 hours for food in the diner area. You will need two lanes as there is a maximum number of 6 bowlers per lane.
Hope this helps you plan timing for your party. Have a great day.
Spikie Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 06:03
cratan007
Forum Member

Give them 50p for the arcade for the last 20 minutes,
50p? 20 mins lol better make that 2 each dont think arcade machines take less than a pound these days
cratan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 08:39
Helsie
Forum Member

Ooooooh, something I know lots about Used to work in a bowl and I'm an international player myself...

For kids aged around 9-10, I'd allow 15 minutes per person per game - this is because they'll normally be having a laugh and a joke and a bit of a mess around between shots! The bowling centre will allow you 2 lanes, so say 5 per lane at 15 minutes each, one and a quarter hours for one game.
Helsie is offline   Reply With Quote