Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Moving house and have no motivation to pack!

Old 05-06-2008, 15:34
chubby_cheeks
Forum Member

i move house on saturday and cant be bothered moving to pack things, ive made a start but keep sitting down to come on DS lol any moving house/packing tips?? cheers Amanda
chubby_cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:36
firefliesuk
Forum Member

i move house on saturday and cant be bothered moving to pack things, ive made a start but keep sitting down to come on DS lol any moving house/packing tips?? cheers Amanda
Use a removal company! Best money I ever spent. No packing.. they come the day before and pack everything for you
firefliesuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:37
KBBJ

Pack your computer?
KBBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:38
chubby_cheeks
Forum Member

lol im using a removal company but we're packing everything, their just moving it!

i just seem to start in a room and the give up and leave it a mess
Old 05-06-2008, 15:38
Wiz Net

Pack your computer?
Excellent! Amanda - it takes a hell of a lot longer than you think so I would get a move on or you could be really stuffed come Saturday.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:39
chubby_cheeks
Forum Member

Pack your computer?
dont think i could bare packing up my laptop
Old 05-06-2008, 15:41
chubby_cheeks
Forum Member

uch i suppose ive done well ive emptied the kitchen and the lviningroom and have only a wardrobe to empty in another room, so that just leaves 2 bedrooms and bathroom to do.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:42
mollymorals
Banned User

its rotten when you have no motivation isnt it

we have our new washer coming tomorrow morning, and have to get the old one out, and obviously clean behind for the new one, i bet its filthy cos it was due to be pulled out anyway....

i cant be bothered today
mollymorals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:43
RiDsTeR
Forum Member

Just think "better home" and get yourself excited about the move
RiDsTeR is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:44
chubby_cheeks
Forum Member

its rotten when you have no motivation isnt it

we have our new washer coming tomorrow morning, and have to get the old one out, and obviously clean behind for the new one, i bet its filthy cos it was due to be pulled out anyway....

i cant be bothered today

i know how u feel molly

ive got to start cleaning the kitchen and all the appliances in it cos there staying!
Old 05-06-2008, 15:45
chubby_cheeks
Forum Member

right i better get of my fat ass and do some packing before my OH gets in and sees ive done nothing

be back soon
Old 05-06-2008, 15:46
Cazza23

uch i suppose ive done well ive emptied the kitchen and the lviningroom and have only a wardrobe to empty in another room, so that just leaves 2 bedrooms and bathroom to do.
That doesn't sound too bad!! Tackle the bathroom next - that will be a quick job but it 's still a whole room done which can be encouraging!!

Are your removal company bringing you hanging wardrobes because they'll just lift out the clothes on the hangers and put them straight in so you don't need to remove them from hangers and pack them.

Also, removal companies usually remove chests of drawers with the contents in situ - so they don't need to be emptied either.

It doesn't sound as if you can have much left to pack if the removal men take care of the clothes in the bedrooms.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:49
mollymorals
Banned User

right i better get of my fat ass and do some packing before my OH gets in and sees ive done nothing

be back soon
aww good luck chubby cheeks, and seeing as how your gonna get moving, im gonna have one more cuppa and get moving myself, i dont have anymore work to do, so no point in me staying on here....in fact ive been so busy with work i havent even had time to come on ds hardly, so i have loads of housey stuff to catch up on
mollymorals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:56
Sexbomb
Forum Member

dont think i could bare packing up my laptop
*gets ISP to cut off internet connection*
Sexbomb is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:59
pinkfairy245
Forum Member

oh I love packing! Start by getting all your equipment ready and making a list. Turn the music up loud and just dive in. Just make sure you have a box with kettle, tea bags, mugs, toilet paper, bed linen, towel, toothbrush pyjamas and biscuits for when you get to the other end. Either have it in your car or make sure its labeled very well. So if you get there late you can go to bed and have a good night sleep ready for the big unpack.

Make sure every box, bag suitcase is labeled. I have been known to colour coordinate so removal men can easily put everything in the right room on the other side.

Oooo can i help!?
pinkfairy245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 16:22
chubby_cheeks
Forum Member

oh I love packing! Start by getting all your equipment ready and making a list. Turn the music up loud and just dive in. Just make sure you have a box with kettle, tea bags, mugs, toilet paper, bed linen, towel, toothbrush pyjamas and biscuits for when you get to the other end. Either have it in your car or make sure its labeled very well. So if you get there late you can go to bed and have a good night sleep ready for the big unpack.

Make sure every box, bag suitcase is labeled. I have been known to colour coordinate so removal men can easily put everything in the right room on the other side.

Oooo can i help!?
lol i havent labelled anything its to late to go back now cos i have black bags lying everywhere about the house. we havent got that much stuff anyway, we have binned alot of stuff and just buying mostly new stuff. shouldnt take us long to move as we have the removal men taking all the heavy stuff and then we have my mums boyfriends van for all the small furniture and boxes and bags
Old 05-06-2008, 16:27
pinkfairy245
Forum Member

lol i havent labelled anything its to late to go back now cos i have black bags lying everywhere about the house. we havent got that much stuff anyway, we have binned alot of stuff and just buying mostly new stuff. shouldnt take us long to move as we have the removal men taking all the heavy stuff and then we have my mums boyfriends van for all the small furniture and boxes and bags
haha! ignore everything i said! im a crazy person, don't know what i'm talking about. Your doing brilliantly!
pinkfairy245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 16:28
stoatie
Forum Member

OP, I feel your pain. I'm in exactly the same position. I don't have to be out until the 22nd, but I just took a couple of weeks off work to pack and move, and now the couple of weeks are up and I go back on Monday I've still done a whole lot of nothing.
stoatie is online now   Reply With Quote