Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

When does the winner find out they have won?

Old 06-06-2008, 13:50
media guy
Forum Member

I noticed that the last weeks episode was filmed a little after August 2007 (from the university letter). I've also heard, from these forums, that SAS has the contestants work for him for a few months on the one hour final.

So if that is the case when did the apprentice find out they won? 6 months ago, 1 week ago?

The timeline is hard, does anyone know it?
media guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-06-2008, 14:42
linfran
Forum Member

I don't think going by the date on the letter is an accurate way of knowing when last week's episode was filmed. I believe most of the tasks were carried out during last autumn so the intervieweing would not have been in August.

They could have checked with the university at any time as to Lee's dates.

But in ansewer to your question, I don't know.
linfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 15:09
GerriP
Forum Member

I have no idea where I got this idea from, but it dates back to the Badger/Michelle days...

I thought that they don't find out until the day the final is broadcast - Alan takes them out for lunch or some such and tells them which one won ready for the evening show.

Like I say I don't know where i heard it, but it makes sence that it happens like that considering in 4 years of the show the absolute winner has never been spoiled. The final 2 yes, but not the actual winner.
GerriP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 16:02
The-Apprentice
Forum Member

And apparently they film alternate endings with each the winner and that way they keep it secret till the final is broadcast.
The-Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 16:10
artgirl73
Forum Member

I had heard they filmed alternative endings too - but how do they manage to get the winners emotional reactions to the news etc : is it just acting on the part of the candidates? Taking them out to lunch as suggested above is more humane though than the scenario I'd imagined, where Sir Alan tells one candidate they have won, gets the reaction, and then says, oh no, only joking, it's the other one, and gets theirs...
artgirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 16:31
cole09mcfc
Forum Member

I don't believe alternative endings.

They don't get paid if they go out and tell people. and they are professional enough not to bother screwing over SAS, or else no-one would employ them
cole09mcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 17:44
ToySoldier
Forum Member

The week Myleene was the 'prize' for the winners was filmed in November, so last weeks was no way filmed in August 2007.
ToySoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 19:34
bookerg
Forum Member

I thought that they don't find out until the day the final is broadcast
I'm not sure if it's the very last day.....

I know that the "You're Fired!" show is filmed the day before it's aired (Tuesday), but not sure about the "You're Hired!" show. Obviously they would need to be told in time for the filming of the latter......
bookerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 19:38
The-Apprentice
Forum Member

I don't believe alternative endings.

They don't get paid if they go out and tell people. and they are professional enough not to bother screwing over SAS, or else no-one would employ them
Not so sure the 3 runners up would have the same motivation not to blab as the winner.
The-Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 20:58
DaisyBumbleroot
Forum Member

.... where Sir Alan tells one candidate they have won, gets the reaction, and then says, oh no, only joking, it's the other one, and gets theirs...
quality - i think he should do that for real next week!
DaisyBumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 15:38
sHAYneWARD
Inactive Member

Not so sure the 3 runners up would have the same motivation not to blab as the winner.
They do if the want to remain employable.
sHAYneWARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 17:19
couscous
Forum Member

Claire has been spotted in Marbella on holiday 2 wweeks ago and that was before we knew that she was in the final. I would say that it has all been done and dusted a few weeks ago although i did start a thread on here a while ago saying i never knew how it wasn't leaked. I mean the camera men etc - they do easily do a leak and the papers would keep their identity secret
couscous is offline   Reply With Quote