Options

Shoe Fetish Hoax Call North East

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
Forum Member
Hi!

We've just had the most elaborate shoe fetish hoax call of all time and I wondered if anyone else in the North East has had the same thing.

Basically, to cut a very long story short. A guy called to say that he was from Century Radio and we'd been entered into a competition by a friend witht the chance to win £200.00. He wanted to speak to my wife, who was out at work, but arranged to call back later. I checked him out on the radio site and couldn't find anything to do with him, but the name he gave was formed from 2 DJ's there (he said he was called Lee Davies) so I presumed I'd maybe misheard him. Anyway, he does call back and then speaks to my wife and says that she can win upto £5000 pounds thru various stages of the competition and a years worth of shoes as the competition is with Faith shoes, Clarks and someother shoe shop. Now at this point, I'm really starting to smell a rat but it did sound very legit. He started off by asking her a simple question, and said she'd won her first 200....then he asked her to run out and find a woman (who had to be a stranger) and ask her to be like a master to her. My wife asked a good neighbour and again, the old spider senses were really kicking in....(we've 2 kids so I had to mind them and it was all very rushed and crazy)....next, he told her to put a shoe in her mouth (he was now talking to our neighbour to make sure my wife was doing this) Obviously, she lied and just said that she had the shoe in her mouth, next thing...the guy says he can hear her and can't have the shoe in her mouth and hangs up!

No number to trace, we got thru to Century radio whoi said they knew about this guy but couldn't do anything....and we rang the local police to see if they could trace the number.....but they were a waste of time....they reckon they can't trace a withheld number (so thats how the terrorists are talking to themselves)

Anyone else know anything about this guy...or is there anything else we can do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't believe you fell for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I know Gadders....when you look back, it seems so silly, but you've got to understand, this guy was good, he'd obviously rehearsed his stuff, I mean, what sicko would arrange to ring you back so he can speak to his victim? Surely, if he wanted a quick fix, he would have just tried a different number?

Me and the wife were both running around all day at work and looking after the kids....we hardly knew what was going on ourselves until we'd been hooked! I'm more concerned that he may move up a notch from cold calling to something more sinister and I know he's done this already.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone I work with dealt with a male customer regarding shoes one day recently, app it was all a bit dodgy the stuff he was asking about shoes. Some of theother girls think it some pervert.
  • Options
    Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a paragraph fetish so can't really help you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davinafish wrote: »
    Hi!

We've just had the most elaborate shoe fetish hoax call of all time and I wondered if anyone else in the North East has had the same thing.

As opposed to all those simplistic shoe fetish hoax calls that we hear about every day?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davinafish wrote: »
    Hi!

No number to trace, we got thru to Century radio whoi said they knew about this guy but couldn't do anything....and we rang the local police to see if they could trace the number.....but they were a waste of time....they reckon they can't trace a withheld number (so thats how the terrorists are talking to themselves)

Anyone else know anything about this guy...or is there anything else we can do?

Thanks!

It costs the Police around 600 pounds every time they apply to a network for telephone information. If someone was in danger then they would do it straight away.

Somebody asking your wife to stick a shoe in her gob probably doesn't justify the cash unfortunately !!!!!

And the terrorists are using Skype btw ;)
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On another forum I post on, there is a kind of sport that involves going into webcam chat rooms (stickam) and convincing people to put shoes on their heads, you then take a screenshot and post it in the forum thread. It could be related.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    On another forum I post on, there is a kind of sport that involves going into webcam chat rooms (stickam) and convincing people to put shoes on their heads, you then take a screenshot and post it in the forum thread. It could be related.

You made that up. :D
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    You made that up. :D

Nope

http://stickamshoemore.ytmnd.com/
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member