Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

*The Most Disturbing Scene You Have Seen on TV*

Old 06-08-2008, 10:07
molybecks
Inactive Member

i think there used to be a thread like this but it's old and some members are banned since!
So i thought i'd start one, basically what death scene or anything that you find disturbing have you witnessed on TV, it can be from Soaps, to reality tv to whatever you like.

these are just a few of mine

-Richard and Judy: Man with parkinsons was talking about a new gadget that can control him, but when he stopped the gadget he went back to his mode of parkinsons, which completely shocked me as it was like two different people.

-Bad Girls: The Death of Rachel Hicks, i vaguley rememeber this when i was about 9 or 10, and was shocked then, it was quite disturbing for a younger child too see, since then i have become a BG fan and brought the dvd, and still to this day it sends a shiver down my spine.

-Footballers Wives: When Lucy Milligan was Kidnapped by nutcase Giles, with her daughter Angelica and was put in a car in a garage and was left for dead with all the smoke fumes so they could all die together. Very weird gripping scene, quite disturbing as it was just too ... weird.

So guys, what are your disturbing scenes you can remember?
molybecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:14
ZoeMcCallister
Forum Member

A few years ago that children's drama Jeopardy on CBBC freaked me out and I had nightmares for ages-it was about teenagers stranded in Australia not knowing who to trust and they were looking for strange paranormal things.
ZoeMcCallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:20
Toby Latimer
Forum Member

Anything featuring Gillian McKeith poking around in a strangers poo in the interests of 'health' .
Toby Latimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:22
stud u like
Forum Member

Donna dying in EastEnders. That was scary!
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:26
grilli
Forum Member

i think there used to be a thread like this but it's old and some members are banned since!
So i thought i'd start one, basically what death scene or anything that you find disturbing have you witnessed on TV, it can be from Soaps, to reality tv to whatever you like.

these are just a few of mine

-Richard and Judy: Man with parkinsons was talking about a new gadget that can control him, but when he stopped the gadget he went back to his mode of parkinsons, which completely shocked me as it was like two different people.

-Bad Girls: The Death of Rachel Hicks, i vaguley rememeber this when i was about 9 or 10, and was shocked then, it was quite disturbing for a younger child too see, since then i have become a BG fan and brought the dvd, and still to this day it sends a shiver down my spine.

-Footballers Wives: When Lucy Milligan was Kidnapped by nutcase Giles, with her daughter Angelica and was put in a car in a garage and was left for dead with all the smoke fumes so they could all die together. Very weird gripping scene, quite disturbing as it was just too ... weird.

So guys, what are your disturbing scenes you can remember?
surely too young to be watching that anyway?
grilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:36
♣ Moya
Forum Member

'Quatermass and the Pit'
Scared me witless.

Mystery and Imagination series, particularly 'Lost Hearts'

'Cathy Come Home' disturbingly depressing.
♣ Moya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:40
molybecks
Inactive Member

surely too young to be watching that anyway?
Indeed i was, but it was accidental, if that makes sence, my mum used to watch it and i was proberly around in the room and managed to see it.
Any other disturbing scenes you guys have seen?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:58
Channel Hopper
Inactive Member

The Most Disturbing Scene You Have Seen on TV

Have your GP on speed dial

http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...ked2_large.jpg
Channel Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:50
Aspartame
Forum Member

The Most Disturbing Scene You Have Seen on TV

Have your GP on speed dial

http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...ked2_large.jpg
I actually feel more like calling a Japanese whaling ship
Aspartame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:52
spendleb
Forum Member

Spooks Series 1 where they ducked the girls hand and then face into chip fat before shooting her!!!

Plus a few of the old Hammer House of Horror TV Series episodes, recall one where an old guy murdered his wife and then years later a family bought the house and it was haunted and loads of nasty stuff happened, blood coming from a pipe above the dining table etc etc, seem to recall the young kid eventually coming into the bedroom and stabbing his mum and dad.........still remember it to this day but I am sure I was too young at the time to watch it.
spendleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:59
ladyinblue
Forum Member

Last night on Britains Biggest Babies on ITV2. The baby girl that was sat in her highchair with a plate of chips full with salt and vinegar and her mother not doing anything about getting her to a healthy normal weight for a child of her age. Made me feel ill just looking at it
ladyinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:17
glyn9799
Forum Member

It's gotta be the chip pan scene in Spooks - Even my Dad was freaked out
glyn9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:18
seaneeboy
Forum Member

Another Spooks vote here...

Also, Ghostwatch, when they camera pans past the curtain and you see a figure, when it pans back it's gone...

Prison Break series 1, the big riot, when they're breaking down the door to get to Sara... terrifying!
seaneeboy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:06
Suburbanqueen
Forum Member

Really weird one for me.........I saw a mouse which had a human ear growing out of its side (for research purposes). It completely freaked me out it was so monstrous. Couldn't get it out of my mind. Even if I had no ear, I still couldn't accept a graft from that.
Suburbanqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:12
Listentome
Forum Member

That new Orangina ad

WTF!?

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Ora...ng-Range/53140
Listentome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:17
Reichenbach

A few of the things from the World's Worst Sex Change Surgeon that was repeated last week deeply disturbed me. Especially the patient waking up on the operating table and screaming - that noise will probably live with me forever.

I found the Dog's head in a bag scene from Trial And Retribution III (I think? It's the one with Richard E. Grant playing the really creepy weirdo), to be quite disturbing. I remember physically jumping when I first saw it. The maggots on DI North creeped me out a bit. Trial and Retribution III was absolutely brilliant, but that part I found really creepy.
Old 06-08-2008, 13:26
SheepdogNo1
Forum Member

Beat The Star, with Vernon Kaye, when they had Ahmir Khan & the challenger banging nails into a block of wood. How they called this entertainment fair boggles the mind, very disturbing to think that those in charge at ITV deem this tat fit for broadcasting.

SheepdogNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:28
molybecks
Inactive Member

Oh also another one for me, Yvonne Atkins being locked in the dark hanging cell in Bad girls, where her moudling rotting corpse was found 6 weeks later.
Old 06-08-2008, 13:30
skyscraper101
Forum Member

Also, Ghostwatch, when they camera pans past the curtain and you see a figure, when it pans back it's gone...
I remember that! That freaked me out when I was like 8 years old!!

What was that one where they showed a live hanging on TV? It looks like its from the 60s or something...that was not pleasant.

Watching the twin towers collapse live on TV was pretty disturbing too.
skyscraper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:32
PANNAL1
Forum Member

Yvonnes death in Bad Girls
PANNAL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:33
Listentome
Forum Member

Oh also another one for me, Yvonne Atkins being locked in the dark hanging cell in Bad girls, where her moudling rotting corpse was found 6 weeks later.
That's the most criminal thing on TV ever. It was the end of proper Bad Girls.
Old 06-08-2008, 13:35
tvtimes
Inactive Member

Years ago in Home and away (yes i know i am sad i used to watch it) one of the girls, Bobby, died in a boating accident and then soon after her ghost appeared in the fridge door! Just her head!
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:38
Listentome
Forum Member

Years ago in Home and away (yes i know i am sad i used to watch it) one of the girls, Bobby, died in a boating accident and then soon after her ghost appeared in the fridge door! Just her head!
Your'e sad because you used to watch it? I still do.
Old 06-08-2008, 13:45
ellesworth
Forum Member

ER, when Carter and Lucy were stabbed by the schizophrenic guy. I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, was allowed to stay up late to watch it, and in the end up, I was watching it through my fingers!

Can't think of anything recent, though Barrowman's Glasgow accent disturbed me a bit.
ellesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 13:48
seaneeboy
Forum Member

ER, when Carter and Lucy were stabbed by the schizophrenic guy. I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, was allowed to stay up late to watch it, and in the end up, I was watching it through my fingers!
Ah yes, never been able to listen to Battleflag by LoFi Allstars the same way since!
seaneeboy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote