Options

Advice if you encounter a nutcase outside

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was in the shopping queue last night and this nutcase was talking to this very attractive blonde till girl.

He was holding up the queue, and was clearly not right in the head, what he was saying. We all remained calm as he finally left.

The till girl said to me, "I was scared.'

I said, you did the right thing, you remained calm and agreed with everything he said. Never challenge a loony. Agree, with everything they say.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok, I agree with what you say
  • Options
    holbobholbob Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    :d:d:d
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elke21 wrote: »
    ok, I agree with what you say

Err, satire.:D

By the way, to do the grin, it's capital Ds.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,683
    Forum Member
    Nope, small P's.. :D:p:p

EDIT: Ooops, silly me.. I was thinking that holbob was trying to do a cheeky tongue smilie.. sorry, my bad :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Em* wrote: »
    Nope, small P's.. :D:p:p

EDIT: Ooops, silly me.. I was thinking that holbob was trying to do a cheeky tongue smilie.. sorry, my bad :D

You're digging a bigger hole, Em ;)
  • Options
    Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Err, satire.:D

It is indeedy one of these : and one of these D to make a grinning smilie, however if all you are posting are these :D:D then the software on here will automatically put the upper case D's into lower case d's. I assume its because technically you are using upper case for the :'s as well which would make you entire post Caps, and for some reason they don't like that. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,683
    Forum Member
    It is indeedy one of these : and one of these D to make a grinning smilie, however if all you are posting are these :D:D then the software on here will automatically put the upper case D's into lower case d's. I assume its because technically you are using upper case for the :'s as well which would make you entire post Caps, and for some reason they don't like that. :D
    Ah right, I never knew this. I wondered why people would post them like that.. especially as they're easily clickable at the side of the post area... makes sense now.

This post has offered me more intelligent advice than the OP. :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    It was you really wasn't it?

Just admit it.

And you were wearing your wig weren't you?
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    I bet you regret not getting that till girl's number. That's why you really posted this topic :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes to get this back to the OP now, she did the right thing. Calmness personified I'm sure :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do seem to get more and more nutters about these days. There was a bloke on the bus wearing football shorts and football socks yesterday, carrying an old ghetto blaster - which he then turned on and it was blasting out sort of 80's Love ballads. Strange - it wasn't sunny and the top he was wearing wasn't football related either.
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Les Willis wrote: »
    You do seem to get more and more nutters about these days. There was a bloke on the bus wearing football shorts and football socks yesterday, carrying an old ghetto blaster - which he then turned on and it was blasting out sort of 80's Love ballads. Strange - it wasn't sunny and the top he was wearing wasn't football related either.

That was the community radio roadshow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He may have gone into a coma in 1985, just woken up and soon realised that everything is no longer groovy :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the shopping queue last night and this nutcase was talking to this very attractive blonde till girl.

He was holding up the queue, and was clearly not right in the head, what he was saying. We all remained calm as he finally left.

I said, you did the right thing, you remained calm and agreed with everything he said. Never challenge a loony. Agree, with everything they say.

Don't call people Nutcase or Loony :mad: those aren't a nice term to use and can cause offence to people :mad:

You should agree with everything they say but don't call them those words you chose to use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaiteLover wrote: »
    Don't call people Nutcase or Loony :mad: those aren't a nice term to use and can cause offence to people :mad:

You should agree with everything they say but don't call them those words you chose to use.

Yes... Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. We can't have people in this world being offended can we...

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes... Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. We can't have people in this world being offended can we...

:rolleyes:

Indeed we can't! Call me pedantic but I'm waiting for an opinion on my last post on this topic, I made myself laugh and me alone I fear :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solentboy wrote: »
    He may have gone into a coma in 1985, just woken up and soon realised that everything is no longer groovy :)

He did look like he was in a bit of a timewarp. He was also hugging the ghetto blaster to his chest and looking weird... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did look like he was in a bit of a timewarp. He was also hugging the ghetto blaster to his chest and looking weird... ;)

A Bubble Perm, loud Tracksuit and a slightly obsessive liking to eye make up aswell?
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He was probably ok and just didn't understand the boundaries of normal conversation because of his condition. Mentally ill people rarely become violent, however she did the right thing with just agreeing with him.
    Please don't use terms like nutter or loony though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depresses me that there is still so much social stigma towards mental health.

I actually have a mental health condition myself, well a few, as they are co-morbid.

Fortunately for me, I very rarely show signs of it outwardly, so people are probably not aware of it upon encountering me.

For others living with mental health problems, this may not be the case, and they may occasionally depart from conventional behaviour, in episodic occurrences.

I do not think they deserve to be labelled a 'nutter' or a 'loony' based on this.

I think in this example I actually find the OP's behaviour the most strange, because he is incapable of demonstrating some empathy and understanding to an obviously troubled person:(.

Jason
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Jason, but it's a natural reaction from the op. I'm afraid there are too many bleeding hearts on this website.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,117
    Forum Member

SPEECHLESS SMILIE REQUIRED.

what an offensive post.
  • Options
    LemonhunnyLemonhunny Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPEECHLESS SMILIE REQUIRED.

what an offensive post.

Actually, I suspect it's how most people would have phrased it. Political correctness and fear of offending people is not all-encompassing especially when confronted by someone who obviously has severe mental health problems.

We have someone lives not far from my house who is banned from all the buses in Bournemouth, as well as the churches in the local vicinity because of his behaviour which is very obviously way off any sort of scale anyone can use - frankly he's a danger. His criminal offences result in him being sectioned each time, and he generally has 6 months in the local psychiatric hospital and 6 months of care in the community. No one seems to understand that care in the community just does not work for some people.

This man is known locally as "Loony John" no matter how unpalatable that may be for some people to hear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    Lemonhunny wrote: »

This man is known locally as "Loony John" no matter how unpalatable that may be for some people to hear.

We just have Purple Aki. That's about it. :(
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Jason, but it's a natural reaction from the op. I'm afraid there are too many bleeding hearts on this website.

No it's not a natural reaction. Those are offensive terms. You wouldn't call it a natural if someone used the n word to describe a black person so don't expect those of us with mental health problems not to get upset when people use outdated derogatory terms to describe us too.