DS Forums

Console/Game Bargains

Old 26-06-2015, 18:48
orangeballoon
Forum Member

There often has not been a great difference in the PS4/PS3 or Xone/X360 visuals of many all format games... but every now and again something appears that just makes you think "that is stunning"

For me it was playing PS4 Driveclub and seeing "irrelevant" irrigation sprays in the fields in action ( compare the detail to say the "wow" a plane taking off in the background of a N64 era game... )

What visual has caught your eye?
orangeballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-06-2015, 19:13
tombigbee
Forum Member

I often find myself admiring the visuals in Driveclub.

I think the wind effects in The Witcher 3 are stunning, the way it seems like every blade of grass and tree is swaying. I feel like that's next gen because I'm almost surprised how the graphics aren't causing the game to grind to a halt.
tombigbee is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 19:51
MC_Satan
Forum Member

I know what you mean. Hard to think of one off the top of my head. Driveclub has several, the petals getting kicked up by the cars in India for example.
Shadows and grass density sometimes are very impressive. For me, just the atmosphere created.
One I liked for some reason was in Witcher 3, talking to the Baron and the wind blowing the tree about outside the window.
MC_Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 20:10
ags_rule
Forum Member

I often find myself admiring the visuals in Driveclub.

I think the wind effects in The Witcher 3 are stunning, the way it seems like every blade of grass and tree is swaying. I feel like that's next gen because I'm almost surprised how the graphics aren't causing the game to grind to a halt.
Apart from when you die, and the loading times seem to suggest that the game has in fact done just that

For me it was the real-time changes to the pitch in FIFA 15 as the match progresses. Pretty cool.
ags_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 23:06
tombigbee
Forum Member

Apart from when you die, and the loading times seem to suggest that the game has in fact done just that

For me it was the real-time changes to the pitch in FIFA 15 as the match progresses. Pretty cool.
Yep, loading times can be one of the things to go in the "we're getting this in a next gen game?!" thread. Bloodborne was similarly terrible in that regard but did improve somewhat after a patch.
tombigbee is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 23:17
gillyallan
Forum Member

I used to play bf4 on ps3 and when I got my ps4 and bf4....now bare in mind there's a war going on, but I stood and stared at the water. Inevitably someone got an easier kill than normal.
gillyallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 23:40
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

You'll think i'm a nob for saying this, but the crease in the jeans in GTAV on PC looked absolutely fantastic!
Jimmy_McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2015, 12:43
LightningIguana
Forum Member

The way the rising sun is blocked in GTA V by buildings and vehicles, creating these glorious shafts of light and shadow.
LightningIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 13:22
Woat
Forum Member

Random frogs in the witcher 3
Woat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 17:18
Ash_735
Forum Member

You'll think i'm a nob for saying this, but the crease in the jeans in GTAV on PC looked absolutely fantastic!
Max Payne 3 handled clothing much better and realistically than GTAV did, granted in Max Payne 3 it's a linear shooter and Max's attire is set throughout the game unlike GTAV where you can custom clothing, but because of that, details like shirt movement, undershirt being dragged in quick turns, etc, was just amazing.
Ash_735 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 18:22
Gevans81
Forum Member

Most of the buildings in Assassins Creed: Unity looked incredible, shame about the rest of the game.
Gevans81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:16
shaddler
Forum Member

Another vote for the weather effects in Witcher 3. Several times throughout the game I stopped what I was doing just to admire the view.
shaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 12:13
Brass Drag0n
Forum Member

Butterflies on the flowers in World of Tanks on Xbox One, also fields of wheat rippling in the breeze and individual stones on the beaches.
Brass Drag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 12:16
Brass Drag0n
Forum Member

Another vote for the weather effects in Witcher 3. Several times throughout the game I stopped what I was doing just to admire the view.
I still wouldn't mind seeing a next gen re-issue of Red Dead Redemption for this reason. The storms in the desert were stunning on the 360, I can well imagine it being even more jaw dropping on the One/PS4.
Brass Drag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 14:54
shaddler
Forum Member

I still wouldn't mind seeing a next gen re-issue of Red Dead Redemption for this reason. The storms in the desert were stunning on the 360, I can well imagine it being even more jaw dropping on the One/PS4.
I actually thought RDR did things like sunsets/sunrises better than Witcher 3. They were more realistic. In Witcher they went overboard with the bloom effects. I couldn't get into RDR though for some reason. Partly because the controls felt terrible.
shaddler is offline   Reply With Quote