Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

How do i find the sex offenders list in the UK?

Old 28-09-2008, 18:28
Mart F
Forum Member

Specifically, the Chester area.

Any help?
Mart F is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-09-2008, 18:30
Rugby Rose
Forum Member

I didn't think it was a list as such but you can ask the police if there are any in your area now?

The police and courts have access to the 'register' but it's not available to the public.
Rugby Rose is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:31
Deep Purple
Forum Member

Any help?
You cant.
Deep Purple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:34
Mart F
Forum Member

Damn, a friend told me it was available online as they'd seen a certain unsavoury character well known in the city centre on it.

Oh well.
Old 28-09-2008, 18:36
elpaw
Forum Member

118 118
elpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
pabs1904
Inactive Member

Why would you even want to?

Ready to call the other villagers up, ready to fight ?
pabs1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
LCDMAN
Forum Member

Any help?

Where are you located, actually in Chester or abroad?? There is no specific legislated public access to the UK Sex Offenders Register - I would have thought it was common knowledge that we have NO equivalent to Megan's Law (in the USA).

Conditional access is being trialled in four regions at present, whereby those with "just cause" can apply to be notified of any registrants in their immediate area, but this is only a trial and it is not known if it will go beyond that yet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...ection.ukcrime

http://www.itpro.co.uk/606153/public...atabase-begins
LCDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:38
duke_toaster
Forum Member

There is a limited trial of giving some people the information in certain circumstances (looks like a "Vigilantes Welcome" sign to me!).
duke_toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:39
Mart F
Forum Member

Why would you even want to?

Ready to call the other villagers up, ready to fight ?
I'm curious to know whether this crackhead character is on it like he's rumoured to be as he spends an awful lot of time around children.

Thanks for the info, LCDMAN.
Old 28-09-2008, 18:41
Deep Purple
Forum Member

I'm curious to know whether this crackhead character is on it like he's rumoured to be as he spends an awful lot of time around children.

You can provide the Police with information on suspicious behaviour, and they can check it out.
Old 28-09-2008, 18:45
pabs1904
Inactive Member

You can provide the Police with information on suspicious behaviour, and they can check it out.
Is right.

As we live in something called a civilised society, we don't have lists available for mob minded, imbecilic creatures.

pabs1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:47
Mart F
Forum Member

We need a UK version of To Catch A Predator.
Old 28-09-2008, 18:49
ClientFan
Inactive Member

Is right.

As we live in something called a civilised society, we don't have lists available for mob minded, imbecilic creatures.

It would be nice to have a register of 'children' who have committed offences against adults.
ClientFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:50
Espresso
Forum Member

Can I ask a question - what would you do with the information, if it was available to you?
Say you found out he was on the list - what would you do?
And what would you do if you found out he wasn't?
Espresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:51
artnada
Forum Member

So, just because he hangs around children he's automatically a paedo?

I feel sorry for paediatricians then.

Looks like the Daily Mail and Sky News have done thier job well.

No man can even be seen near a child these days without idiots assuming they are weired.

OP you have no basis or proof against the person. You are simply going on rumour and tittle tattle from other people whom also have no basis of proof!
artnada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 18:57
Mart F
Forum Member

Espresso, it's not my place to do anything but i'd just like to know as the guy is extremely, for lack of a better term, dodgy and it wouldn't suprise me.

Even if he isn't a kiddie fiddler he's a known drug addict and, thus, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children.
Old 28-09-2008, 19:12
jude1979
Forum Member

As a mother of 2 young children then i would want to know if any known sex offenders were living near by. not so i could drive them out of town or anything like that, just so i could warn my children to stay away from them.
jude1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 19:17
AWESOMESAUCE!
Inactive Member

AWESOMESAUCE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 19:29
Deep Purple
Forum Member

Espresso, it's not my place to do anything but i'd just like to know as the guy is extremely, for lack of a better term, dodgy and it wouldn't suprise me.

Even if he isn't a kiddie fiddler he's a known drug addict and, thus, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children.
If you were to remove all drug addicts from the vicinity of children, there would be 1000s of kids looking for a foster home.

In a practical sense that is impossible.

If you have genuine concerns about this blokes behaviour, tell the Police. That is their job.
Old 28-09-2008, 19:34
nitpick
Forum Member

On an Individual basis, perhaps so. On a more general one... Strewth! How does one GET OUT of this godforsaken country of speculative(!) "Pitchfork Wielders"?
nitpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 19:49
spoty
Forum Member

The thing is you think he is dodgy, so what, every parent should know where there kids are and teach them how to deal with 'dodgy' people.

He might not be on a list, will that mean he is ok? He might be on the list for showing his butt on a drunken night out?
spoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 19:50
Mart F
Forum Member

This guy is a drug addicted unemployed criminal who makes money by a form of street entertainment which involves children and he's quite often spotted hanging around by schools.

It's not my place to contact the police but i'd simply like to know if he is or isn't.
Old 28-09-2008, 19:53
AaronG

Well personally I'd exhaust all other options first. Online dating sites, lonely hearts columns etc.
Old 28-09-2008, 19:54
Mart F
Forum Member

Well personally I'd exhaust all other options first. Online dating sites, lonely hearts columns etc.
*Rim shot*
Old 28-09-2008, 20:07
_jbaw_

LOL you've just won a weekend on the internet, all expenses paid