Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Text Messages not coming through

Old 03-10-2008, 19:23
CANDYANGEL
Forum Member

until a day or so after they've been sent. What causes that? is it a problem with the phone or the network?. I've been trying to contact someone for a few days and hadn't heard anything from them and just received a message from them along with 2 others that had been sent yesterday and this morning and I thought they hadn't gotten my message or something had happened.
CANDYANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-10-2008, 19:28
davelovesleeds
Forum Member

This happened to my Mum last summer. She phoned, from the handset, the mobile company she was with, they got her to push a few buttons and then about 10 texts all came throught together, so just ring your provider and they should be able to help.
davelovesleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 19:32
Dancing Queen
Forum Member

I'm with T mobile and it's a nightmare out here in the sticks - my phone doesn't even ring with calls it just tells me I missed a call (or 2 or 3)....messages are delayed until I escape along the road a couple of miles!
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:02
Choco Holic
Forum Member

My mobile is so mobile that I have to stand on the bed to use it at home.

It is ok in the two towns both about 10 miles away, but no use when I pop out.

this in both the orange and o2 network. I do live in a village though.
Choco Holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:25
wemster
Forum Member

until a day or so after they've been sent. What causes that? is it a problem with the phone or the network?. I've been trying to contact someone for a few days and hadn't heard anything from them and just received a message from them along with 2 others that had been sent yesterday and this morning and I thought they hadn't gotten my message or something had happened.
Are you on Virgin? This happens to me all the time - nothing for a few days then they all come in at once. Usually at about 3 in the morning
wemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:39
CANDYANGEL
Forum Member

Are you on Virgin? This happens to me all the time - nothing for a few days then they all come in at once. Usually at about 3 in the morning
Yeah I am I don't think I've had the problem before though
CANDYANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:50
scoobyju1
Forum Member

I've had this a few times. Usually get them all if I turn my phone off & back on again.
scoobyju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:54
wemster
Forum Member

Yeah I am I don't think I've had the problem before though
It happens at least once a week with me - I've no idea why though!
wemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 23:19
lookoutapiano!
Forum Member

Anyone having problems with txts coming through on o2 at the moment?
lookoutapiano! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 23:24
Mags31
Forum Member

i had this with vodafone and once i turned it off and on again it was fine and texts came through i did ask and was told it was because my mob didnt update itself
Mags31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 23:50
Sparkles32
Inactive Member

Anyone having problems with txts coming through on o2 at the moment?
Nah I just sent meself one and im on O2 and got it straight away!
Sparkles32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 23:53
CloneClown
Forum Member

I've had my phone for over 4 years and it's on the blink. After turning it on after charging it, I sometimes receive text messages from months ago that have never come through. Yesterday, I received a text dated April 2007 from a friend insisting that I hadn't offended him? Have no idea what that was about.
CloneClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 00:32
JigglyBall
Forum Member

I've had my phone for over 4 years and it's on the blink. After turning it on after charging it, I sometimes receive text messages from months ago that have never come through. Yesterday, I received a text dated April 2007 from a friend insisting that I hadn't offended him? Have no idea what that was about.
Haha! You should ask him what he was referring to...I always thought they failed after a while of trying to deliver though...
JigglyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 00:36
robinsbatman
Forum Member

I'm with T-mobile & texts usually go through OK in the UK. However, if I send them to someone using their phone overseas they can take ages. I've recently sent some to someone using their UK-registered phone in Greece - one text took 15 hours to arrive.
robinsbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 00:37
kyresa
Forum Member

The phone memory isn't almost full is it?
kyresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 15:02
lookoutapiano!
Forum Member

Cheers guys, they all came through at 4am- joy
lookoutapiano! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 15:20
mummypigget
Forum Member

I'm with T mobile and it's a nightmare out here in the sticks - my phone doesn't even ring with calls it just tells me I missed a call (or 2 or 3)....messages are delayed until I escape along the road a couple of miles!

This is the exact problem one of my best friends has, we are both with T-mobile and I can text her and she doesn't get them for hours and if I text after 8pm she won't get them until the middle of the night!!! It's shocking.
mummypigget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 17:17
Tumbleflumps
Forum Member

I have this problem occasionally on O2. Not sure whether its the handset or the network but I either restart my phone or just dial out to the home phone or 1471 just to clear it. Sometimes even just sending a text out pushes them through.
Tumbleflumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 18:25
Dancing Queen
Forum Member

This is the exact problem one of my best friends has, we are both with T-mobile and I can text her and she doesn't get them for hours and if I text after 8pm she won't get them until the middle of the night!!! It's shocking.
it's really annoying cos I might get a message quickly but I KNOW my reply probably won't get sent until (much) later
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 18:28
Vedder
Forum Member

Just phone the network operator.
Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 19:59
Angel-owl
Forum Member

I have worked for o2, Orange and T-Mobile in the past. A lot of people don't realise that text messages can take upto 24 hours without it being classed as an issue or a problem with your operator. Most people don't know this as most texts come through instantly
Angel-owl is offline   Reply With Quote