Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Comag HD and ITV

Old 06-10-2008, 13:25
mjsmyth
Forum Member

Hi,

A friend purchased the Comag HD-S CI100 from Maplins last week.

He tuned in BBC HD and I showed him Luxe HD also. The picture looks great. His TV allows for picture in picture, so it displayed the BBC HD channel thru scart and also HDMI side by side and the difference was incredible. Anyway...

Obviously now that he has heard of ITV HD, he would like to tune it in. Has anyone managed to do this yet on the Comag? Information on the web is rather scarce. I can't find a way to manually edit the pids for a channel like I can on my Strong 6355.

To be honest, I only spent 15 minutes looking at the thing and gave up. The manual itself was no help.

So, if anyone has any info on how to manually change the pids or on how they got ITV HD to work, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,
MJ
mjsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-10-2008, 16:40
TV DUNIYA
Forum Member

The Comag website has an Editor tool,for the HD-S CI100, which allows editing of the PIDS:

http://www.comag.de/foto/download/HD_ComagUp.zip
TV DUNIYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:15
mjsmyth
Forum Member

Thanks.

mj
mjsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:21
willthetech
Forum Member

Cannot figure out how to get the channel list from the receiver to the editor on my PC to change the PIDs or how to return the edited list.
willthetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:38
munstru
Forum Member

http://1920by1080p.co.uk/azure.aspx

settings at the bottom of page..

Let me know if it works.

Frank
munstru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:01
willthetech
Forum Member

Problem with the Comag HD-S CI100 is that it is not possible to enter PIDs using the STB's menu. The channel editor mentioned by TV DUNIYA only works with a RS232 connection which is not a part of the receiver, it only uses USB.
There is a channel editor on the download section of the Comag site devoted to this receiver but this will not allow the changing of the PIDs either.
I have looked at other channel editors such as SetEditComagHDS from http://www.setedit.de (24-99 euros) which looks excellent but is also confined to RS232 and only saves to .bin files, the Comag requires .udf files.
willthetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 14:10
mgb77
Forum Member

Buy a null modem cable for 1 or 2 quid.
mgb77 is offline   Reply With Quote