Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

How to pop the bonnet in a Ford KA?

Old 23-10-2008, 21:44
bigbruvvaluvvau
Forum Member

Anyone know how to pop the bonnet in a 2003 Ford KA? Theres a red pulley thing under the steering column but it looks like its just wire housing? Cheers.
bigbruvvaluvvau is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-10-2008, 21:45
fat controller
Forum Member

That is the bonnet release, just hook your fingers under the end furthest away from you, and pull down and toward you and the bonnet will open.
fat controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 21:47
stevie68
Inactive Member

Anyone know how to pop the bonnet in a 2003 Ford KA? Theres a red pulley thing under the steering column but it looks like its just wire housing? Cheers.

If you dont know how to pop the bonnet how on earth are you going to manage to do what you want to do when you get it open?

stevie
stevie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 21:38
bigbruvvaluvvau
Forum Member

my last car had a little pulley with an icon on the passenger side, much easier. Thanks fat controller.
bigbruvvaluvvau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 21:50
fat controller
Forum Member

my last car had a little pulley with an icon on the passenger side, much easier. Thanks fat controller.
You're welcome - Ford have had that wee red lever under the steering column for years (I always thought it a bit odd too - maybe they just wanted to be different )
fat controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 23:39
Errodiel
Forum Member

That is the bonnet release, just hook your fingers under the end furthest away from you, and pull down and toward you and the bonnet will open.
Yup, then you'll be able to open the bonnet about an inch. Look in the gap and you'll see a wee yellow hook you need to pull across to release it fully. The garage oiled mine last time i had it service, it was like opening a different bonnet
Errodiel is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote