Options

"Missing" on ITV

Did anyone watch the first of a two part drama on ITV last night at 9pm? It starred Joanne Frogratt and Gregor Fisher.
Joanne is one of my favourite television actresses and to date she has never been in one bad drama yet.
It was a really gripping drama.
Looking forward to the second and final episode next Sunday.
That's the first time I have ever seen the Scottish News of the World sponser a drama.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    No I didn't watch it. I was too annoyed that STV were showing this while the rest of the network was being treated to Sharpe's Peril with Sean Bean :mad:
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deja Vu_ wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the first of a two part drama on ITV last night at 9pm? It starred Joanne Frogratt and Gregor Fisher.
    Joanne is one of my favourite television actresses and to date she has never been in one bad drama yet.
    It was a really gripping drama.
    Looking forward to the second and final episode next Sunday.
    That's the first time I have ever seen the Scottish News of the World sponser a drama.

So Scotland never had Sharpe's Peril? Why?
  • Options
    GarryMcGarryMc Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missing was made by SMG Productions (STV) in 2006. It was made for the whole of the ITV Netork, but for some reason, ITV1 haven't shown it yet. I think the reason STV decided to show it now is because it is a two-part drama, as is Sharpe's Peril. Missing takes priority for STV as they made it themselves. I'm sure Sharpe's Peril will be shown soon enough, maybe on a Friday?
  • Options
    NonamooseNonamoose Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for next week :)
  • Options
    joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    So Scotland never had Sharpe's Peril? Why?

Mibees coz Sharpe is C.R.A.P. and STV are trying to show it can run it's own network and produce it's own shows :eek: in light of the recent comments from ITV HQ south of the border. (Not that ITV have anything to fear:rolleyes:)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the second part of this drama is on tonight at 9pm. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This last and final part of this gripping two part drama had me on the edge of my seat. Joanne Froggatt took her part well as she always does in any of the drama's I have ever seen her in. Gregor Fisher was really good as well.
    Sorry that's the last part of it. Really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Hi there, i watched this last week, and last nights conclusion. LOVED Gregor Fisher, as the traditional 'seen it all before' glasgow cop. I was left feeling empty handed though.

Did the scum bag who raped her, get charged with rape?

Where is the Baby? does anyone care?

Did her BINT, of a mother get charged with perjury, or perverting the course of justice?

Did the nutter, dressed as a nurse, at the graveside, ever explain why she thought she was the late Doctors wife?

Why was the Consultant at the Psycho Unit, obsessed with the dead Doc? did he love him?

and finally.. what's the chances? of Joanne Froggat, bumping into 2 transplant recipients of the same donor?

the only critisism of the programme, was the dubbing, of the Scottish Newsreaders accents, into an english accents, WTF?

I hope this was a pilot, and we may have a regular series, I think Taggart needs a counterpart, maybe the occasional crossover.

LOVED IT.

Bonny

p.s. My mum did too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it but silly me missed about 15 mins of it. who raped Sybil was it the dude butler guy or whatever he is called was it him? What was he to the mother?

loved it
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Hi Mags, yeah, the weird stuck up guy, who was her mothers PA, raped her, but it sounded like he groomed her, over a long period of time. Then her vile mother, took the PA's word over her daughter?? :eek:

it was awful..

Did you pick up on the news readers being dupped into an non regional accent? lol lol lol lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i did i couldnt believe it i was like EH what is going on here. hes scottish but hes speaking in a funny accent

Ah thanks for that bonny i was shattered was out in glasgow the night before and i shut my eyes for 5 mins during the break and woke up 15 mins later OOPS blame calmac they forced me to stay on that ferry for an hour lol

obv too old for this partying

cannot believe that mother she was horrid. i was like was it him was it him was it him and none of my mates watched it grrrrrrrrr

thanks for filling in the blanks