Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 01-09-2012, 04:56
xBASSxMONSTAx
Forum Member

The only celeb I managed to meet is Levi Roots (Dragons Den).

He was promoting his new products in the big tesco's near me. The que was suprisingly massive, everyone wanted to get his autograph and photo taken with him.

I managed to get a signature and a photo taken with him. He was a very friendly guy, laughing and joking, he even did his reggae reggae song with his guitar. Everyone clapped n cheered. I can see why that Dragon warmed to him.
xBASSxMONSTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:01
Cstar2229
Forum Member

Years ago I met John Cleese during a work function. He was really rude and totally up his own a*se. Only wanted to talk to the "top people" and actually turned his back on me when I said hello. I wasn't being star-struck, but my job was PA to the Director, so I was greeting him as I would anyone else. Really obnoxious man.

Met Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the height of their Fame - just after Relax and Two Tribes had been number one. They came to my school after our class invited them in to do an interview for our school magazine (we found out what hotel they were staying in and contacted them). They were great, answered all our questions and had photos taken with all of us. They were only in the area for a couple of days, but happily gave up a couple of hours for us. The only one who didn't come was Holly Johnson who was hungover apparently!

I also met Joey Barton as he was getting on the team coach after a match. Even though they'd lost, he got out and signed autographs when the fans (of the team who beat them!) called his name. He had a photo taken with my son, so I'm a fan now - despite the reputation!
I'm not surprised about John Cleese - he walked past me in a hotel gym and he didn't make eye contact - definite FO body language/aura
Cstar2229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 16:30
lolly-licker
Forum Member

Funny! A shame that she didn't invite you "through the back" to sort out that wardrobe malfunction!
hehe, embarrassing at the time, hilarious ten minutes after
lolly-licker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 18:35
Milhause
Forum Member

International and ex-radio 1 DJ Fergie.

Nice Guy, came to my work in a top of the range Porsche, we thought he must have been a drug dealer ........he was lovely, very unassuming...it was the receptionist that recognised him on the way out.
Milhause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 20:59
teresagreen
Forum Member

The only celeb I managed to meet is Levi Roots (Dragons Den).

He was promoting his new products in the big tesco's near me. The que was suprisingly massive, everyone wanted to get his autograph and photo taken with him.

I managed to get a signature and a photo taken with him. He was a very friendly guy, laughing and joking, he even did his reggae reggae song with his guitar. Everyone clapped n cheered. I can see why that Dragon warmed to him.
A pleasant disposition goes a long, long way in the business world. Some of our Z-lebs need to learn that.
teresagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25
FingersAndToes
Forum Member

The girl who runs Soap Secret Spoilers on Twitter who has met loads of soap stars consistently names Claire Cooper (Jacqui) as one of the loveliest soap stars she has ever met.
That's what I keep reading from many blogs or posts on different sites, that she is absolutely lovely.
FingersAndToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:48
rammsteinqueen
Forum Member

I've met quite a few celebrities and fortunately they have all been lovely:

Bruce Dickinson - did his Flight 666 simulator trip. Really down to earth and a complete gentleman.
America Ferrera - absolutely lovely, and very, very tiny.
John Barrowman - really lovely and took time to sign autographs and pose for photos.
Adam Garcia - really lovely.
Peter Egan and Robert Daws - met them after a play, were really fun.
Darius Campbell - a really nice person.
David Suchet - just like Poirot, an absolute gentleman.
Marshall Lancaster - very quiet, but lovely.
Dame Judi Dench - sooo patient with everyone, again so tiny in real life.
The whole cast of Mrs Brown - met them at BBC Scotland after a show recording. They are so brilliant and posed with everyone for photos, plenty of kisses and cuddles. They are so down to earth.
Nick Knowles - very down to earth, hates stuck up "stars".

As I say I have been very lucky, a friend however has met a few "horrors".

Michael Crawford - lovely when he was doing Barnum, since then has got a very up himself.
Lesley Joseph - nightmare.
Cliff Richard - awful.
Oh god you lucky thing! Bruce Dickinson is fantastic I would so love to meet him. In fact all of the Iron Maiden lot seem such a nice bunch and not up themselves like a lot of people with tend to be...

Lesley Joseph. She was getting some theatre tickets in the kiosk next to me a few years ago now and speaking so loud as she obviously wanted everyone to hear/notice her ..
rammsteinqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 15:12
Salv*
Forum Member

Nice people I have met:

Tom Hardy- I was pleasantly surprised. I am a big fan of his but I expected some sort of bad attutide (knowing my luck, a lot of people I like on screen seem to be not so nice), but he was possibly the nicest and most polite person I have been around. Yes, I haven't personally met him, but I was around 5m away from him. Very, very nice to the fans.

Ant and Dec- I went to the recording of Red or Black 3 months ago. I expected them to be divas, How wrong was I! Hilarious and exactly how they come across, just 2 awesome people.

David Attenborough- Such a cool guy. Nuff said.

A friend has met David Beckham. Oh God, she wouldn't shut up. She said how he was the kindest and most humble person she has ever met. Made me a little jealous as a lot of people have said that. I find him very likeable, and I'm glad he is how he comes across in person.

Split personality:

Nadia who won Big Brother 5. I live in the same town as her. She used to work with my cousin pre BB. When she won, I met her. Lovely person she was. Then after her stint on Ultimate BB after her breakdown, everytime I have seen her, she has been quite rude to those around her.

Meh:

Brian Dowling- I expected more from him during a BB eviction I went to. More interaction or something, but it just wasn't there.

My friend met Elton John once and said he was such an arse
Salv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 19:37
BritFlicks1
Forum Member

I had the good fortune to meet Miriam Margolyes last month after she did her show, Dickens' Women, in Edinburgh. She was on stage solo for 90 minutes but came straight out into the foyer to chat with fans. I was very starstruck at meeting her but she was absolutely lovely, signed my copy of the Dickens' Women book and said she loved playing in Edinburgh. I've admired her for years so it was great to meet her and find she is such a nice person.
BritFlicks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 21:21
lector
Forum Member

Can't really say how I met him but Trevor Peacock ( Jim Trott in vicar of Dibley) is the friendliest nicest man you could ever wish to meet. He has a thousand and one stories and happily rattles them off. His wife (Tilly) is equally nice and an accomplished actress who is a regular at the National.
lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 06:55
whatever54
Forum Member

I had the good fortune to meet Miriam Margolyes last month after she did her show, Dickens' Women, in Edinburgh. She was on stage solo for 90 minutes but came straight out into the foyer to chat with fans. I was very starstruck at meeting her but she was absolutely lovely, signed my copy of the Dickens' Women book and said she loved playing in Edinburgh. I've admired her for years so it was great to meet her and find she is such a nice person.
can well believe that, always thought she was great but after seeing her on Graham Norton with Will I Am, I thought she was amazing, so so funny
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:29
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Can't really say how I met him but Trevor Peacock ( Jim Trott in vicar of Dibley) is the friendliest nicest man you could ever wish to meet. He has a thousand and one stories and happily rattles them off. His wife (Tilly) is equally nice and an accomplished actress who is a regular at the National.
I love him and that's good to know..no-no-no-no-know
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 20:21
Squishy
Forum Member

Awww I do love Ant and Dec - always been so lovely when I've met them in the past.

Kevin Spacey - what a challenge he was!
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 09:08
Annie P
Forum Member

Really pleased to know she's still being fab I met her a couple of years ago in the Crucible Theatre foyer and she was brilliant. I was in a long queue at the box office trying to get tickets for the Christmas show that she was in and the computers had gone down. As we were waiting to get hand written tickets she came out to chat to us. Very witty, full of fun and made sure the older people had chairs to sit on while they waited.
Annie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 09:30
the_phoo
Forum Member

I'm not surprised about John Cleese - he walked past me in a hotel gym and he didn't make eye contact - definite FO body language/aura
I'm sorry but this really made me laugh.

I walk past people all the time and don't make eye contact. Especially when people are strangers
the_phoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 10:03
DiamondDoll
Inactive Member

Really pleased to know she's still being fab I met her a couple of years ago in the Crucible Theatre foyer and she was brilliant. I was in a long queue at the box office trying to get tickets for the Christmas show that she was in and the computers had gone down. As we were waiting to get hand written tickets she came out to chat to us. Very witty, full of fun and made sure the older people had chairs to sit on while they waited.
Lovely lady.
Although I've never met her she is great in interviews and comes over so well.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 00:44
Misty08
Forum Member

I walk past people all the time and don't make eye contact. Especially when people are strangers
My thoughts exactly.
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 13:37
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Lol, I love you.

Again.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 14:29
dabotsonline
Forum Member

Jason Donovan['s] press agent forward[ed] a ridiculously long list to our production team regarding questions they weren't allowed to ask...
Please tell more!

...he also rang ahead to cancel a meet and greet with some of his "superfans" (most of whom had been waiting at the station for a very long time)
With no reason given?

Came into the studio in giant sunglasses and a hat. Didn't smile or talk to anyone until he went on air when, surprise surprise, he became Mr Personality.
Bizarre behaviour on his part.
dabotsonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 14:33
dabotsonline
Forum Member

I also met Joey Barton as he was getting on the team coach after a match. Even though they'd lost, he got out and signed autographs when the fans (of the team who beat them!) called his name. He had a photo taken with my son, so I'm a fan now - despite the reputation!
You and your son sought him out out of choice?!
Old 16-09-2012, 14:35
dabotsonline
Forum Member

Originally Posted by SourCherry
Me either. He reminds me of someone I used to sh@g. He was an awful individual too.
It begs the question of why you'd do it with someone you disliked so much really!
Just what I was thinking!
Old 16-09-2012, 14:40
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Just what I was thinking!
I don't know why this is giving so many people so much trouble! It is assumable that intercourse antedated antipathy, obviously and elementarily.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 15:00
dabotsonline
Forum Member

I'm always dubious about people claiming to have met rude celebrities when the celebs are off duty. I think I'd be pretty p**sed off if I was on downtime and someone came up to me expecting me to be "on".
I've never been to V Festival but apparently those with access to the Virgin Media Lounger Lounge are advised in their information pack to not hassle the celebs, for this very reason.
Old 16-09-2012, 15:02
Sealeg
Forum Member

I met Louis Walsh at Dublin airport a few years ago and he was great, all the little kids (and their parents!)wanted a picture and he had time for them all, even though his PA looked a bit pissed off!
Sealeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 22:02
CUP OF TEAAA!
Forum Member

Anyone met Miranda Hart?
CUP OF TEAAA! is offline   Reply With Quote