Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 13-11-2012, 15:39
SourCherry
Forum Member

I read this story from a young lady who volunteered at this charity gala last September which Alan Rickman was introducing. She went in place of her friend who couldn't go because she was undergoing chemotherapy. She went to meet him along with another volunteering friend at the interval and said she found him to be intimidating at first but actually very lovely and sweet signing everything including her unwell friend's Harry Potter book and also chatted about how they came to volunteer at the event amongst other things. A few months later, they flew to New York to see Alan Rickman's new Broadway show and at the stage door, when he saw them, he said that he remembered them from the charity event and asked about their friend. Needless to say, they were utterly surprised by his thoughtfulness and it just made their trip.
Another reason to love him. He's very sexy. And nice, it seems
SourCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-11-2012, 17:44
leemuir
Forum Member

Met keith lemon today and cannot praise him highly enough, was absolutely magnificent with everyone who turned up, stayed for about an hour and a half after he was supposed to and was just downright down to earth, and such a lovely man, got a photo and a video of him dancing with me
leemuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 21:00
Helicase
Forum Member

Met keith lemon today and cannot praise him highly enough, was absolutely magnificent with everyone who turned up, stayed for about an hour and a half after he was supposed to and was just downright down to earth, and such a lovely man, got a photo and a video of him dancing with me
???

Keith Lemon is just a character.
Helicase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 21:08
HelenSnowflake
Forum Member

Have heard a lot of people say Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) is a really decent bloke.
HelenSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 21:19
Scot_babe
Forum Member

Bumped into the boyband The Wanted the other weekend. In a pub in Battersea. They were very nice,one of them even bought me a drink!
Scot_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 21:57
leemuir
Forum Member

???

Keith Lemon is just a character.
He was in character, nevertheless, Leigh Francis is amazing in person, that better ?
leemuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 22:35
JOHNOR
Forum Member

Have heard a lot of people say Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) is a really decent bloke.
he is, he's so down to earth and happy to chat and actually asks you questions about where you're from, your life etc..
JOHNOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 00:15
opal88
Forum Member

One of my students in a creative writing group I teach told us today that when she was in London in the late '60s, she was carrying a stack of books; as she rounded a corner she crashed into a man and the books went everywhere. he began helping her pick them up when she suddenly realised who he was and said 'Oh my God, it's the Saint!' He did a little bow and said, 'The very same Madam.' He then asked if she'd like a cup of tea to which she replied yes and he took her to a cafe round the corner. He behaved like a perfect gentleman and they parted. She said he was the most beautiful bronze colour and stunningly handsome. Long live Roger Moore I say.
opal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 00:21
Re-Minder
Inactive Member

One of my students in a creative writing group I teach told us today that when she was in London in the late '60s, she was carrying a stack of books; as she rounded a corner she crashed into a man and the books went everywhere. he began helping her pick them up when she suddenly realised who he was and said 'Oh my God, it's the Saint!' He did a little bow and said, 'The very same Madam.' He then asked if she'd like a cup of tea to which she replied yes and he took her to a cafe round the corner. He behaved like a perfect gentleman and they parted. She said he was the most beautiful bronze colour and stunningly handsome. Long live Roger Moore I say.
Seconded, met Ken Livingston through work, very spiteful guy and unsurprisingly anti Semitic, and i was in the company of Bob Crowe recently, famous for being a troublmaking unionist dic. He have very foul BO, breath reeks and a knack of making any woman very uncomfortable.
Re-Minder is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 10:59
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Brilliant.

He did a sketch with Victoria Wood a few years ago (can't remember the year) in one of her "specials" where they both played spies, filmed on the London Eye. He is VERY funny in it. So, not only a gent, but up for a laugh and doesn't take himself too seriously.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 12:29
Dormouse
Forum Member

Have also had the great pleasure of meeting him briefly - the absolute definition of a gentleman.
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 13:05
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

Have also had the great pleasure of meeting him briefly - the absolute definition of a gentleman.
I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about him. Seems to be a top bloke.
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 14:18
harpy
Forum Member

I worked as an extra back when I was 15 in a movie with Bill Murray. He's a very funny, friendly man, no respect for personal boundaries mind!! - sat down on me and two other children - joked around, remembered your name, stood in the lunch queue with you - top bloke! For that time when he was in Belfast for filming there were loads of tales going around of people meeting him, there was one about a woman celebrating her birthday in a restaurant he was in and he picked her up and carried her around on his shoulders
harpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 14:50
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

I worked as an extra back when I was 15 in a movie with Bill Murray. He's a very funny, friendly man, no respect for personal boundaries mind!! - sat down on me and two other children - joked around, remembered your name, stood in the lunch queue with you - top bloke! For that time when he was in Belfast for filming there were loads of tales going around of people meeting him, there was one about a woman celebrating her birthday in a restaurant he was in and he picked her up and carried her around on his shoulders
There was a story in the press a few years back about how Bill Murray met a bunch of students in St. Andrews and went to a party with them. When the party was over, he was in the kitchen doing the washing up!
Old 15-11-2012, 14:57
Daisy Bennyboots
Forum Member

There was a story in the press a few years back about how Bill Murray met a bunch of students in St. Andrews and went to a party with them. When the party was over, he was in the kitchen doing the washing up!
If that's true - it's my favourite celeb story ever
Daisy Bennyboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 15:13
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

If that's true - it's my favourite celeb story ever
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...into-fact.html
Old 15-11-2012, 15:16
Daisy Bennyboots
Forum Member

Daisy Bennyboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 19:59
Terry Wigon
Forum Member

LOL. "Young Scandinavians"! I wonder if he would have been so eager to attend a party full of spotty, overweight, pasty, greasy haired students? Now, the article doesn't say that these students were stunners but somehow I imagine they were 'easy on the eye'!
Terry Wigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 20:18
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

LOL. "Young Scandinavians"! I wonder if he would have been so eager to attend a party full of spotty, overweight, pasty, greasy haired students? Now, the article doesn't say that these students were stunners but somehow I imagine they were 'easy on the eye'!
Oh you cynic
Old 21-11-2012, 21:43
Harr123
Forum Member

I've had many celebrity encounters in the last few years and have struck up a rapport with a few, here's a few of my experiences

Stephen Fry - charming, I've met him a few times when at the theatre supporting his boyfriend Steven Webb, lovely man.

Greg Davies - another one whom I've struck up a kind of friendship with, I'm his "favourite fan" due to the amount of times I supported his live show "Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog"

Tim Vine- good chap, sent me a signed copy of his amateur movie "Library Altitude Zero" about a year ago

Des O'Connor - pleasant chap, had plenty of time for fans after his solo show and the Wizard of Oz

Dancing on Ice professionals and celebs through the years + Jayne Torvill and Chris Dean - all decent people, always make the effort to meet us after the shows where possible

These are just a few of the many good ones, but there have been a couple of bad ones..

McFly - Thought it would be funny to publicly humiliate me as a vulnerable teenager at an airport AND went on and recalled it in their autobiography which came out a few weeks ago http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-male-fan.html

Gavin Henson - rude ****, up his own arse.

You Me At Six - arseholes
Harr123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 22:13
chris1978
Forum Member

I've had many celebrity encounters in the last few years and have struck up a rapport with a few, here's a few of my experiences

Stephen Fry - charming, I've met him a few times when at the theatre supporting his boyfriend Steven Webb, lovely man.

Greg Davies - another one whom I've struck up a kind of friendship with, I'm his "favourite fan" due to the amount of times I supported his live show "Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog"

Tim Vine- good chap, sent me a signed copy of his amateur movie "Library Altitude Zero" about a year ago

Des O'Connor - pleasant chap, had plenty of time for fans after his solo show and the Wizard of Oz

Dancing on Ice professionals and celebs through the years + Jayne Torvill and Chris Dean - all decent people, always make the effort to meet us after the shows where possible

These are just a few of the many good ones, but there have been a couple of bad ones..

McFly - Thought it would be funny to publicly humiliate me as a vulnerable teenager at an airport AND went on and recalled it in their autobiography which came out a few weeks ago http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-male-fan.html

Gavin Henson - rude ****, up his own arse.

You Me At Six - arseholes
I've gone off mc fly now, I always thought they were a nice bunch of lads.
chris1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 00:04
elltridgefan1
Forum Member

Met David from Il Divo after their concert at Birmingham this year and he was really lovely to all of us waiting out there, signed autographs and had photos taken
elltridgefan1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 03:36
Wynne Evans
Inactive Member

Two more I met through work, Michael Portillo was a pleasure to deal with, railways is his passion that I'm in no doubt, spoke to everyone he came across and happily posed with travellers/staff for pictures, even shared the cab at the destination with an elderly couple who were staying at the same hotel.

Amanda Redman of New Trick fame a few years back, very shy quiet woman, was reading a script but again took time out for fans.
Wynne Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 15:05
Olive_Boyle
Forum Member

I

Aw, really childish and mean of them.

Maybe when you are a bit older and got over your embarassment it will make a great claim to fame.

I'm sure most men have had stiffies at inappropriate times just never had it made such a big thing of.
Olive_Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 15:14
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Aw, really childish and mean of them.

Maybe when you are a bit older and got over your embarassment it will make a great claim to fame.

I'm sure most men have had stiffies at inappropriate times just never had it made such a big thing of.
I agree with this, Harr. The fact that they mention this in their autobiography and think it's a bit of a 'laff' shows how immature they still are, not to mention disrespectful. Don't worry- the boot could very easily be on the other foot. It's not like it's never happened to them at an inappropriate time, 'cause I'd bet my last 20p it has.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote