Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 22-11-2012, 15:50
twingle
Forum Member

At last I have some second hand gossip on celebrities

My son works in the film industry with a company that hires out crew and equipment for shoots so has come across loads of celebs

Alan Carr really nice geniune bloke . Jimmy Carr the opposite! Rhianna known as a diva in the industry but was really nice on their shoot. Rod Stewart really nice as was Buble and Holly Booby (his words)

Jamie Oliver a bit of a pratt (his words) One Direction the curly haired one really nice but the others were a bit too hyper for him especially when trying to finish his job and go home.

He's also worked on TOWIE and found them all a bit up them selves
twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-11-2012, 16:26
Paully_C
Forum Member

I would have thought they would have said that in the articles defending him, it that were the case. Why all the stuff about token/nominal payments if it goes to charity...
Because the nominal payment for presenting the show that Wogan receives is from BBC One's budget for making entertainment shows. No money at all from the Children in Need goes to him or to any of the other presenters.

It's the same as the camera operators, lighting people, set designers, etc - they get paid by BBC One for producing an entertainment show. All of that comes from the licence fee, not from the money the public donates to Children in Need.
Paully_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 21:03
crunchie crisp
Forum Member

Because the nominal payment for presenting the show that Wogan receives is from BBC One's budget for making entertainment shows. No money at all from the Children in Need goes to him or to any of the other presenters.

It's the same as the camera operators, lighting people, set designers, etc - they get paid by BBC One for producing an entertainment show. All of that comes from the licence fee, not from the money the public donates to Children in Need.
He could still give up the fee and donate it and his time to the charity
crunchie crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 21:14
lotty27
Forum Member

I was under the impression for many years that that's what happened. Was quite shocked when I heard he was pocketing a fee! I used to be impressed thinking he stood there all those hours for nothing, what an idiot I was!

Still love this thread, have to admit going off McFly too after hearing the way the treated the poster on here then to compound that they wrote about it! Not good.
lotty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 21:17
Shadow2009
Forum Member

Anyone met Joseph Gordon-Levitt?
Shadow2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 23:09
nosilauk
Forum Member

When I worked on CIN [admittedly a long time ago and at a regional station], no one was paid at all that night - even the production team. It was widely known that Wogan was paid and the staff were not that happy about it.
nosilauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 23:51
zx50
Forum Member

I agree with this, Harr. The fact that they mention this in their autobiography and think it's a bit of a 'laff' shows how immature they still are, not to mention disrespectful. Don't worry- the boot could very easily be on the other foot. It's not like it's never happened to them at an inappropriate time, 'cause I'd bet my last 20p it has.
Completely right. They sound very immature.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 13:37
OhWhenTheSaints
Forum Member

Nicest - Rickie Lambert, David Beckham, Milton Jones, Barbra Winsor

Don't think I've meet anyone who isn't nice...Harry Redknapp didn't have time to sign anything but then he did say he was sorry, Patrick Moore maybe but I think that's just his way.
OhWhenTheSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 16:04
Sambda
Forum Member

At the end of the day, he is taking money for something that I think he is not expected to.

And, as has been explained, his fee is not "nominal".

And as the poster above says, I was under the general impression that "services are given for free" for CiN. I'm pretty sure I've hear that tag-line used in relation to CiN.
Sambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 16:04
teresagreen
Forum Member

Exactly. If he is presenting a show in which people are urged to donate money, he should do the same and donate his pay.
teresagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 19:15
Liamforking
Inactive Member

In fairness to Terry Wogan, he gets paid a nominal amount for doing CIN because it's against the Equity (actors/TV performers' union) rules for people who work in the industry to do TV broadcasts without being paid.
Equity don't have rules against their members giving fees to charity.
Liamforking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 20:15
Harr123
Forum Member

I agree with this, Harr. The fact that they mention this in their autobiography and think it's a bit of a 'laff' shows how immature they still are, not to mention disrespectful. Don't worry- the boot could very easily be on the other foot. It's not like it's never happened to them at an inappropriate time, 'cause I'd bet my last 20p it has.
Too true, I was only 18 at the time, I suffer from a learning disability, and to me at that point they were the best thing ever, I looked up to them a lot. That day I remember I was so pleased to have met the band I loved, that I didn't think anything of what was going on downstairs, it was just one of those things that happens when you're a teenager, if you've ever watched the Inbetweeners, you'll know what I mean. When that came out, it was horrible alright, I suffered terrible ridicule as everyone knew str8 away that it was me as I was a regular on their forums but having spent lots of money on merch and tickets to their shows which were upcoming at the time, I felt I had little choice but to carry on with them. For the next few years I kind of forgot about them, until they started appearing again on reality TV shows, kind of brought all the unpleasant memories back to me. When I saw they had an autobiography out, I had a sinking feeling that this was would be brought up again, and my worst fears were confirmed, I'm described by Danny as "a little bit odd" and he also says "it looked like he had pinched one of Harry's drumsticks and stuck it down his trousers" "Time for a sharp exit, as Boner Boy waved us off, his trousers stuck out like a tent" so a few weeks ago their CDs (which I had held onto just in case I had a change of heart) went under the hammer, literally!
Harr123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 14:22
mellybumps
Forum Member

I had the questionable joy of working with Denise Robertson a number of years ago. A truly vile woman who had the ability to reduce people to tears with her rudeness. Plus, she's damn frightening without make-up.
Noooooo!!!!! I always loved Denise! And she seems so genuine, right down to tears in her eyes Somehow this has shocked me more than all the others.
mellybumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 14:41
Gloria Fandango
Forum Member

Rod Stewart has been doing the rounds recently and whilst he was on the Chris Evans show he mentioned that he had travelled on the same flight as Adele and what a darling she is - he also said that he had been on a flight with McFly - he stopped short of saying what he really thought of them but he gave the imression they had been a pain in the butt and not very pleasant.
Gloria Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 15:38
bitchboyblue
Forum Member

Too true, I was only 18 at the time, I suffer from a learning disability, and to me at that point they were the best thing ever, I looked up to them a lot. That day I remember I was so pleased to have met the band I loved, that I didn't think anything of what was going on downstairs, it was just one of those things that happens when you're a teenager, if you've ever watched the Inbetweeners, you'll know what I mean. When that came out, it was horrible alright, I suffered terrible ridicule as everyone knew str8 away that it was me as I was a regular on their forums but having spent lots of money on merch and tickets to their shows which were upcoming at the time, I felt I had little choice but to carry on with them. For the next few years I kind of forgot about them, until they started appearing again on reality TV shows, kind of brought all the unpleasant memories back to me. When I saw they had an autobiography out, I had a sinking feeling that this was would be brought up again, and my worst fears were confirmed, I'm described by Danny as "a little bit odd" and he also says "it looked like he had pinched one of Harry's drumsticks and stuck it down his trousers" "Time for a sharp exit, as Boner Boy waved us off, his trousers stuck out like a tent" so a few weeks ago their CDs (which I had held onto just in case I had a change of heart) went under the hammer, literally!
Im sorry but 'suffering' from a learning disability does not excuse getting an innapropriate boner. If i was famous, and it happened to me when meeting a fan, id feel sick. Its quite an unusual thing to happen. Anyway, take pride in the fact that you are obviusly endowed for it to be noticeable.
bitchboyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 15:52
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Rod Stewart has been doing the rounds recently and whilst he was on the Chris Evans show he mentioned that he had travelled on the same flight as Adele and what a darling she is - he also said that he had been on a flight with McFly - he stopped short of saying what he really thought of them but he gave the imression they had been a pain in the butt and not very pleasant.
You know, maybe I'm just cynical, but I suspect that in most cases, four or five young blokes, in late teens or early twenties, enjoying the first flush of pop stardom, will be pretty much near-unbearable, off-stage, for much of the time, except to fans or fellow stars.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 16:14
Harr123
Forum Member

Im sorry but 'suffering' from a learning disability does not excuse getting an innapropriate boner. If i was famous, and it happened to me when meeting a fan, id feel sick. Its quite an unusual thing to happen. Anyway, take pride in the fact that you are obviusly endowed for it to be noticeable.
Excuse me, it wasn't actually my fault it happened, I was told to hug some guys that I liked, and when ur that age (18) ur hormones play havoc with you. My point about the disability was that it made it quite hard for me at the time to cope with the ridicule, especially at such a young age. it couldn't possibly cause a boner to happen. But I'm a man now, and quite frankly I don't give a damn about what they think about me, cos to me now McFly are nothing
Harr123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 16:30
princesarock12
Forum Member

But Kim Kardashian for some unknown reason thinks she's a super star and surrounds herself with huge bodyguards, and will not talk to anyone off camera.
Sort of 'met' Kim at her perfume launch in London, standoffish is not the word. It was an exclusive Q&A so it wasn't a massive crowd. She she just sat there like a porcelain doll, only smiling when there was camera flashes, and only speaking if absolutely necessary. She didn't come across as not a nice person but she was undeniably egocentric.
princesarock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 16:48
Mommie Dearest
Forum Member

Excuse me, it wasn't actually my fault it happened, I was told to hug some guys that I liked, and when ur that age (18) ur hormones play havoc with you. My point about the disability was that it made it quite hard for me at the time to cope with the ridicule, especially at such a young age. it couldn't possibly cause a boner to happen. But I'm a man now, and quite frankly I don't give a damn about what they think about me, cos to me now McFly are nothing
I really felt for you. And as you say, it's karma now that they're has-beens...the tweens are very fickle and as far as boybands are concerned they move onto the next best thing very swiftly i.e 1D and so on..short shelf life really.
Mommie Dearest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 17:21
Conehead
Forum Member

Anyone know what Bear Grylls is like? I understand he always carries a knife.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 21:17
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Good job you're not then (famous, that is).

Going on about it in their book shows just how despicable these people are.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 21:36
zx50
Forum Member

Good job you're not then (famous, that is).

Going on about it in their book shows just how despicable these people are.
They're certainly not behaving like adults, that's for sure.
Old 26-11-2012, 21:39
zx50
Forum Member

Eh? I'd think most lads' erection would be very noticeable from behind their trousers, or whatever they had on. It must be small if it wasn't noticeable.
Old 26-11-2012, 21:47
dorydaryl
Forum Member

They're certainly not behaving like adults, that's for sure.
I think that they owe an apology but sadly think that they are far too arrogant to go there.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 21:49
lolacola
Forum Member

Sorry for your experience with the band. I've met a few bands over the years and from what I've seen Mcfly are one of the nicest. Every time I've met them they've been nothing but nice. And I did meet them when they were teenagers and yes they were a bit like 4 monkeys on speed. I do stuff for their website and they hold meet and greets with their fans and the events I've help with they have all came and been nothing but nice. I'm sure if they realized that experience had affected you they'd have a completely different view on it.
lolacola is offline   Reply With Quote