Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 26-11-2012, 23:47
Hello.
Forum Member

Rod Stewart has been doing the rounds recently and whilst he was on the Chris Evans show he mentioned that he had travelled on the same flight as Adele and what a darling she is - he also said that he had been on a flight with McFly - he stopped short of saying what he really thought of them but he gave the imression they had been a pain in the butt and not very pleasant.
I can't quite remember how, but Danny from McFly and Rod Stewart have been familiar with each other for years - possibly a family friend?
Hello. is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-11-2012, 23:50
Hello.
Forum Member

Sorry for your experience with the band. I've met a few bands over the years and from what I've seen Mcfly are one of the nicest. Every time I've met them they've been nothing but nice. And I did meet them when they were teenagers and yes they were a bit like 4 monkeys on speed. I do stuff for their website and they hold meet and greets with their fans and the events I've help with they have all came and been nothing but nice. I'm sure if they realized that experience had affected you they'd have a completely different view on it.
The band are often referred to as one of the nicest. Got to admit I never thought anything of them telling the story above. They didn't name him and to me it could have been anyone and it was just a funny story. Sorry to hear it was taken to heart.
Hello. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 00:18
lolacola
Forum Member

I can't quite remember how, but Danny from McFly and Rod Stewart have been familiar with each other for years - possibly a family friend?
Danny and Rod are friends. There's a story of Rod giving Danny a breitling watch as a gift.
lolacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 01:18
DavetheScot
Forum Member

Im sorry but 'suffering' from a learning disability does not excuse getting an innapropriate boner. If i was famous, and it happened to me when meeting a fan, id feel sick. Its quite an unusual thing to happen. Anyway, take pride in the fact that you are obviusly endowed for it to be noticeable.
Why should anyone need an excuse for getting a boner? It just happens; not always controllable, especially when you're young (not so much at my age, tragically; enjoy your easy boners while you have them youngsters - I have to work hard for mine!)

That said, I would agree with some posters that this story shows McFly as perhaps more immature and insensitive than really nasty.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 09:37
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Im sorry but 'suffering' from a learning disability does not excuse getting an innapropriate boner. If i was famous, and it happened to me when meeting a fan, id feel sick. Its quite an unusual thing to happen. Anyway, take pride in the fact that you are obviusly endowed for it to be noticeable.
I think making fun of a fan and calling him a " bit odd" shows McFly up to be a bunch of immature, spitreful bunch of muppets personally. I wonder if they'd have behaved in the same way if it were an attractive young female getting over excited at meeting them?
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 12:17
00tommo
Forum Member

I randomly met Keith Allen last night in an Argos!
Seemed nice enough, said hello, and then he was gone!
00tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 13:10
Fear of Fours
Inactive Member

How was dannii Minogue horrendous? where was she? etc...? x
Dannii Minogue has an awful reputation in the music industry. Staff at her record label back in the 1990s detested the woman with a passion. She's cold, demanding and unfriendly - the complete opposite of her sister.
Fear of Fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 13:18
wordfromthewise
Forum Member

Eh? I'd think most lads' erection would be very noticeable from behind their trousers, or whatever they had on. It must be small if it wasn't noticeable.
Genuinely astounded that anybody would admit to being part of such an embarrassing situation............possible the worst ever reason for getting an anonymous mention in a book....but then to draw attention to yourself over it.......
wordfromthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 13:23
chipstick10
Forum Member

I have met McFly loads of times over the years. They are genuinely lovely
chipstick10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 13:38
Babe Rainbow
Forum Member

McFly - Thought it would be funny to publicly humiliate me as a vulnerable teenager at an airport AND went on and recalled it in their autobiography which came out a few weeks ago http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-male-fan.html
Can't have been THAT humiliating if you've now seen fit to draw attention to it to folks who otherwise would never have even known anything about it.
Babe Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 19:31
80sfan
Forum Member

Dannii Minogue has an awful reputation in the music industry. Staff at her record label back in the 1990s detested the woman with a passion. She's cold, demanding and unfriendly - the complete opposite of her sister.
That really is shocking considering she could never sing & had no hits.... Always the runner-up to Kylie
80sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:04
brumilad
Forum Member

Dannii had an awful reputation years back... even on tv she could barely hide the fact she was madam.

Though it seems like as she's got older she's mellowed a lot.
brumilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:29
Cassy990
Forum Member

Michelle Keegan is lovely. My friend and I ran into her randomly in our local Argos one Sunday at the start of the year. She was on her way back to the airport after a nightclub appearence. She couldn't have been warmer and even though our recognition of her formed a bit of a queue to speak to her she took time to speak to everyone and have pictures taken.
Cassy990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:51
ylomyloh
Forum Member

Met Pauline Quirke. She was ok. Her husband and children were hideous.

John Mcririck (sp) absolutely stank. Made me ill.
ylomyloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 08:28
BritFlicks1
Forum Member

Norman Wisdom was horrible to me and my bro , when we met him in 70s, my dad had a small part with him in , one good turn , so he tried to get us to meet him , after he played at Winter gardens Margate, he said who are you and what you doing in my dressing room , never really liked him before and certainly didnt after that either
I'm not really surprised at that. I always thought Norman Wisdom was a bit full of himself when he appeared on Desert Island Discs and chose five of his own records. A few years later I thought I'd give him another chance by reading his autobiography and that wasn't much better. Sure, I felt for his poor upbringing but as soon as he got into showbiz, it was all me, me, me.

In the biography of Hattie Jacques published a few years ago it was revealed that Hattie only ever admitted to not getting on with one person in showbiz and it was Norman Wisdom. I can't say I'm surprised at that either.
BritFlicks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 10:05
dekaf
Forum Member

Met Pauline Quirke. She was ok. Her husband and children were hideous.

Hideous in what way?
dekaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 11:44
Brain Donor
Forum Member

Can't have been THAT humiliating if you've now seen fit to draw attention to it to folks who otherwise would never have even known anything about it.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=274837
Brain Donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 11:47
gregsanison
Inactive Member

Katie Boyle! That one slapped my face, beat me up, pulled all my hair out all because I said I did not like her Eurovision hosting style!
gregsanison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 13:35
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Katie Boyle! That one slapped my face, beat me up, pulled all my hair out all because I said I did not like her Eurovision hosting style!
Seriously? When and where?
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 13:54
Butterface
Forum Member

My Dad shared a lift with Barbara Windsor some years ago. He said she was lovely, very chatty and smelled absolutely gorgeous (the perfume was 'Joy' she said, when asked).
Butterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 13:56
GGzSux
Inactive Member

I cannot abide that man. He's hideous in every way possible.
GGzSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 13:56
Mandark
Forum Member

Nicest - Rickie Lambert, David Beckham, Milton Jones, Barbra Winsor

Don't think I've meet anyone who isn't nice...Harry Redknapp didn't have time to sign anything but then he did say he was sorry, Patrick Moore maybe but I think that's just his way.
I can verify Patrick Moore's a very nice guy. I walked around the Royal Observatory in Greenwich with him as a competition winner. There were lots of kids around and every time he was stopped for an autograph he would happily sign them. He did it matter of a fact rather than in a showy way. I guess everyone can be caught on a bad day!!
Mandark is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 13:57
Betty Britain
Forum Member

Bitchboyblue
How did McFly humiliate you.. They never named you and the only reason people know it was you is because YOU have told us ..
Betty Britain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 13:57
Mandark
Forum Member

My Dad shared a lift with Barbara Windsor some years ago. He said she was lovely, very chatty and smelled absolutely gorgeous (the perfume was 'Joy' she said, when asked).
Sounds like he was trying to get in there!!
Mandark is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 15:30
mary patricia
Forum Member

mary patricia is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote