Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 19-12-2012, 21:54
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

I Had A Big Cock Erection And The Mcfly Larfed At It.
Well, as you seem to be female, that must have been that big outhouse you put up in your garden for male chickens.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-12-2012, 22:15
BellaFiga
Forum Member

Oh it was. They are still talking about it.
BellaFiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 22:43
unclekevo
Forum Member

My friend has met You Me At Six, she says the lead singer is a bit up himself but the other members are really friendly.
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 18:54
pothuthic
Forum Member

That's cos I was hoping that any one of them didn't (for me anyway) ruin my favourite TV show by showing up and possibly going all the way (who could forget them invading the floor on Strictly last year, not that I watched it but I read about it, if any other member of the public did that, they'd spend a night in the cells and face a hefty fine) It was after I saw they had an autobio out that I kinda knew they'd say something, and I was proven right!

On a positive note tho I'm glad though to say that the majority of celebs I've met since have been very good people, I like the fact that in the UK most celebs just go about their daily life like ordinary people and no-one bats an eyelid most of the time, unlike in Hollywood where going within a few hundred yards of someone rich and famous means having an enormous thuggish bodyguard manhandle you, don't like that at all.
Yes because they are totally going to invade the ice?

And anyway you would probably moan if they didn't mention you?
pothuthic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 19:03
soapfan_1973
Forum Member

Most recent meeting with someone who could be described as an absolute hero of probably quite a lot of FMs (of a certain age) was Mr Art Attack himself Neil Buchanan. when he stopped by the local art shop/gallery to launch his new range of cartoon paintings. He had driven up in the early hours and spent a good 4 or 5 hours talking to everyone and encouraging photographs. When it was a little quieter we had a lovely talk about Art Attack and he explained how many of the big art images were done, many using just a single camera on top of a big step ladder or roof top, and none were marked out on the ground before hand so he would do a bit, go up and look, go down and do the next bit etc. Thoroughly decent bloke
soapfan_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 19:08
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

Most recent meeting with someone who could be described as an absolute hero of probably quite a lot of FMs (of a certain age) was Mr Art Attack himself Neil Buchanan. when he stopped by the local art shop/gallery to launch his new range of cartoon paintings. He had driven up in the early hours and spent a good 4 or 5 hours talking to everyone and encouraging photographs. When it was a little quieter we had a lovely talk about Art Attack and he explained how many of the big art images were done, many using just a single camera on top of a big step ladder or roof top, and none were marked out on the ground before hand so he would do a bit, go up and look, go down and do the next bit etc. Thoroughly decent bloke
Aw I'm glad to here that, I always loved Art Attack.
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 19:21
Starry Eyed
Inactive Member

Me too. Great programme, and I always liked NB.
Starry Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:15
Glenn A
Forum Member

I met Abi Titmuss in a local hotel 8 years ago and what a nice, down to earth and friendly girl she was and she gave out a load of signed photos to the guests.
On my nice list:
Bruno Brooks, a really nice bloke who chatted to me about how he got started at the BBC.
Sir Jimmy Young, every inch the dapper gentleman and very friendly.
Kenny Everett, a bit shy and nervous but delighted when I said I loved his shows.
John Barnes, total down to earth guy who wasn't afraid to travel economy class.
Geoff Boycott, blunt, honest, plain talking and interested in his fans.
Bunty Johns, lead singer of Aswad, always had time for his fans and keen to talk.
Arnold Palmer, lives up to his name as the nice man of golf.
On my nasty list
Mike Smith, ignoramus who turned his back on a group of us at Broadcasting House.
Noel Edmonds, told a teenage girl about ten feet from me to f off when she asked for his autograph.
George Galloway, arrogant berk who behaved as if he owned the hotel he was staying in.
Colin Montgomerie, another one who swears at his fans.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:21
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Noel Edmonds, told a teenage girl about ten feet from me to f off when she asked for his autograph.
So, his Mr Nice act is exactly that, then!?
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:30
James Frederick
Forum Member

Jim Davidson I have met him many times due to the fact he used to own a theatre here so was often around and he is one of the most nasty people I have ever met.

Nicest Cannon & Ball
Met them a few times to the point where we are on first name terms and when my brother got really ill they were genuinely upset and worried about him and even now 6 years later they always ask how he is doing
James Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 19:01
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Another 'me too', here. Always liked 'Art Attack' and Neil Buchanan presenting it.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 19:46
Glenn A
Forum Member

So, his Mr Nice act is exactly that, then!?
Oh no, he opened the Co Op in Workington in the seventies and told a group of young fans to get out of his way. I also had a friend who was involved in co ordinating the foot and mouth crisis and said he was the most abusive, nasty person he has ever dealt with.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 00:31
Loon
Forum Member

Yet I've met him and my friends have met him loads in the past few years (they're in Bristol where DOND is filmed) and he's always been lovely, and genuinely lovely at that
Loon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 14:56
Westy2
Forum Member

You'd expect that off George Galloway, after listening to his radio show.

Any abuse he got automatically went to Inspector Knacker at the Yard!

If he can't take the abuse, he shouldn't put himself in the firing line.

Just let them put up a Respect candidate around here & he comes around to 'help' them canvas!

Anyone know where I can lay my hands on a 'P*** O** Galloway' poster cheap?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 15:58
Harr123
Forum Member

It's interesting to note the celebs who come across as nice on TV, but in real life are absolutely horrid i.e. Cilla Black, and I've also found it works the other way round, the ones who come across as complete ***** on TV, but in truth are actually not too bad people. Jeremy Kyle's one such example, met him at a book signing a few years back, he wasn't too bad, there's many people around I know who would love nothing more than to punch his lights out! Paul Daniels is another one, I found him a bit amusing, not a lot, but a bit!
Harr123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 16:47
nippy43
Forum Member

Met over 80 celebs but the ones who stand out as nicest are:

Dappy (N-Dubz) - Met him 3 times now, he's lovely and invited me onto his tour bus after the closing night if his show on Friday night.

I've also met Fazer and Tulisa, they're lovely too!

Tinie Tempah ensured he had a picture with everyone waiting, he was lovely!

Frankie Cocozza and Little Mix were the nicest contestants of X Factor 2011, all of them taking the time to meet fans.

Also highlights include Justin Bieber being lovely, Rizzle Kicks, Professor Green is very shy but really nice and the list goes on..

Not so nice..

Misha B, Tyger Drew-Honey from Outnumbered and Chipmunk. All seemed to want to be elsewhere than to meet fans.
nippy43 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 20:44
Harr123
Forum Member

Yes because they are totally going to invade the ice?

And anyway you would probably moan if they didn't mention you?
No if they didn't mention me, I'd probably still think that they were the bees knees! How would I know that I'm viewed in such a negative light by them otherwise
Harr123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 20:54
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

No if they didn't mention me, I'd probably still think that they were the bees knees! How would I know that I'm viewed in such a negative light by them otherwise

You liked them, now you don't because of some perceived humiliation. I think you need to move on mate.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 21:38
M@nterik
Forum Member

Dappy (N-Dubz) - Met him 3 times now, he's lovely and invited me onto his tour bus after the closing night if his show on Friday night.

I've also met Fazer and Tulisa, they're lovely too!

Tinie Tempah ensured he had a picture with everyone waiting, he was lovely!

Frankie Cocozza and Little Mix were the nicest contestants of X Factor 2011, all of them taking the time to meet fans.

Also highlights include Justin Bieber being lovely, Rizzle Kicks, Professor Green is very shy but really nice and the list goes on..

Not so nice..

Misha B, Tyger Drew-Honey from Outnumbered and Chipmunk. All seemed to want to be elsewhere than to meet fans.
Misha B. hardly a surprise. She was downright unpleasant and up herself on last years x factor. At least hr career has not taken off.
M@nterik is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 21:42
Shadow2009
Forum Member

Seriously? Do you work at an airport or something?
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 21:54
girlni
Forum Member

That's cos I was hoping that any one of them didn't (for me anyway) ruin my favourite TV show by showing up and possibly going all the way (who could forget them invading the floor on Strictly last year, not that I watched it but I read about it, if any other member of the public did that, they'd spend a night in the cells and face a hefty fine) It was after I saw they had an autobio out that I kinda knew they'd say something, and I was proven right!

On a positive note tho I'm glad though to say that the majority of celebs I've met since have been very good people, I like the fact that in the UK most celebs just go about their daily life like ordinary people and no-one bats an eyelid most of the time, unlike in Hollywood where going within a few hundred yards of someone rich and famous means having an enormous thuggish bodyguard manhandle you, don't like that at all.
to be fair to mcfly it is quite a weird thing to have happened and i cant believe how much you put them down saying they shouldn't have written an autobiography, crappy pop album etc you were clearly a fan of them at one point just because they laughed at something which lets be honest is quite funny you changed your whole opinion on them? why havent you laughed about it instead of taking it to heart!!!
girlni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 08:07
nippy43
Forum Member

Misha B. hardly a surprise. She was downright unpleasant and up herself on last years x factor. At least hr career has not taken off.
Ahh she's just plain horrible!

Seriously? Do you work at an airport or something?
I'm a teenage girl who lives near London... Can't resist a bit of celeb hunting now and again!
nippy43 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 08:19
r1ver
Forum Member

Kim Woodburn - literally the nicest most generous person I've met. Filthy sense of humour too!
r1ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 08:21
unclekevo
Forum Member

Ahh she's just plain horrible!

I'm a teenage girl who lives near London... Can't resist a bit of celeb hunting now and again!
Weirdly a lot of her fans have said she's particularly nice to her fans and is so appreciative of the support? Maybe she was being rushed on?

On the contrary, Frankie Cocozza was at a night club near to me recently and everyone said he was a Class A t*sser
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 09:13
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Kim Woodburn - literally the nicest most generous person I've met. Filthy sense of humour too!

That's interesting. I know someone who was a producer on a recent reality show she appeared on - and apparently she was beyond Diva-ish and absolutely horrific to work with...
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote