Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 22-06-2013, 21:33
Lildeakin
Forum Member

Ant and Dec are staying up at Cameron House Hotel in Scotland. They both got very drunk last night and were extremely rude to staff and customers in the bar. I have family up there, and have only heard this second-hand. Its put me off them as I was a big fan.
Really surprised by this. I've never heard of them both being obnoxious and my own experience of them is of nothing less than delightful. Sad if true, hopefully there's a 'reason' for it.
Lildeakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-06-2013, 10:44
scone
Forum Member

Really surprised by this. I've never heard of them both being obnoxious and my own experience of them is of nothing less than delightful. Sad if true, hopefully there's a 'reason' for it.
If that was true we would have heard about it, one of the staff or customers would have gone to the press, phones would have been out taking pictures, it's a load of old tosh
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 12:40
Rob200696
Forum Member

I Met Cheryl Cole and she was not at all interested in being nice to people, or speaking to anyone was really surprised tbh.

However I have met Alexandra Burke and she was lovely standing for pictures and speaking to everyone for a good while making sure everyone had pictures and autographs, just lovely.
Steps and Misha B were also really lovely but Amelia Lily has a high opinion of herself and so does Leona Lewis

The cast of Geordie Shore are also lovely however I have heard bad things about certain members from other people I know
Rob200696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 14:10
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

I Met Cheryl Cole and she was not at all interested in being nice to people, or speaking to anyone was really surprised tbh.
I've met Cheryl Cole and she was very pleasant and smiley. Stunningly beautiful woman, too - an absolute raving beauty in person.
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 18:55
iwastheretoo
Forum Member

We just met Olly Murs. Absolutely lovely. Stopped to say hi to our dog. Daughter very very happy!
iwastheretoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 19:18
Hollie_Louise
Forum Member

However I have met Alexandra Burke and she was lovely standing for pictures and speaking to everyone for a good while making sure everyone had pictures and autographs, just lovely.
Steps and Misha B were also really lovely but Amelia Lily has a high opinion of herself and so does Leona Lewis

The cast of Geordie Shore are also lovely however I have heard bad things about certain members from other people I know
I've met the cast of Geordie Shore on a night out and was surprised who the nice ones were after watching the show, Gaz, Charlotte, Vicky and Scott were brilliant and my mates had a laugh but James, who I quite liked in the early series was a kn*b.. I was expecting Vicky to be quite abrupt but she was probably the nicest one to me and my mates
Hollie_Louise is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 20:53
Rob200696
Forum Member

I've met the cast of Geordie Shore on a night out and was surprised who the nice ones were after watching the show, Gaz, Charlotte, Vicky and Scott were brilliant and my mates had a laugh but James, who I quite liked in the early series was a kn*b.. I was expecting Vicky to be quite abrupt but she was probably the nicest one to me and my mates
I agree Vicky was definitely the nicest one when i met them i thought Sophie was the unfriendliest out of the bunch
Rob200696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 21:21
TTTango
Forum Member

If that was true we would have heard about it, one of the staff or customers would have gone to the press, phones would have been out taking pictures, it's a load of old tosh
It was a private hotel in Scotland. If the staff had gone to the press about clients they would loss their jobs. A lot of famous people stay there, so there is a confidentiality clause. The customer are rather posh, so they are not the type that would go to the press either. Not everything gets into the press.
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 02:30
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Amelia Lily has a high opinion of herself and so does Leona Lewis
Oh, Leona has always been portrayed in the media as shy and unassuming. Mind you, if I were Leona, with that talent, I'd probably have a high opinion of myself!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 08:04
SpencerLevey
Inactive Member

You can totally tell from her recent embarrassing appearance on that foreign X Factor. Diva behavior I tell you for someone who is currently clingy on to all hope that her Christmas album doesn't flop, which it will.
SpencerLevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 08:30
soulmusic
Forum Member

I have met Leona Lewis, who is totally a lovely lady, so ready to meet her fans and so down to earth. I have never seen Leona display a high opinion of herself!!
soulmusic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 10:29
mariets
Forum Member

It was a private hotel in Scotland. If the staff had gone to the press about clients they would loss their jobs. A lot of famous people stay there, so there is a confidentiality clause. The customer are rather posh, so they are not the type that would go to the press either. Not everything gets into the press.
So how did your relatives find out then?
mariets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 11:45
TTTango
Forum Member

So how did your relatives find out then?
My father was there. A&D were there with a group of guys on a golfing trip.

Its not the sort of hotel that allows stag dos or lads golfing trips, the golfers are usually middle aged business men, but obviously an exception was made for A&D.

My father also described them as a couple of 'immature wee boys' . He couldn't believe they were nearly 40 LOL
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 19:51
Clark2012
Forum Member

Met Joseph Millson, Samantha Spiro and Billy Boyd after Macbeth at the Globe yesterday afternoon. All three were lovely to chat too, and Millson in particular was extremely warm. Also had the luck of meeting the particularly delightful Jenna-Louise Coleman, who was an absolute treat!

On the other hand, I had a rather horrible expereince with Harrison Ford. Seemed very up himself, although I will say that when I next met him, he was nicer, and polite. Also been able to meet Thomas Law, who is both incredibly lovely and incredibly handsome. Also great with him fans.
Clark2012 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 20:24
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

I used to work in a centre for vulnerable young people who had just left the care system. One day, two of them walked into the hotel next door and saw Sly Stallone of all people sitting in reception!!!! They came back to the centre raving about him and said how approachable and nice he was.
*Cadhla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 21:12
TrishaS
Forum Member

I used to work in a centre for vulnerable young people who had just left the care system. One day, two of them walked into the hotel next door and saw Sly Stallone of all people sitting in reception!!!! They came back to the centre raving about him and said how approachable and nice he was.

Just watching him on Cliffhanger
TrishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 22:14
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

Just watching him on Cliffhanger
I LOVE that movie. Love seeing Dan Sullivan and the beginning STILL shocks me!
Old 27-06-2013, 22:37
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

A few months back my dad (he works as a HGV driver in tar mac) he was tar-macing Man United's training ground Carrington and he bumped into Gary Neville he said "hello!" And that piece of scum looked right through my dad and totally blanked him.... Piece of cr*p!! My other half is a Man U fan and I am as well but I can't stand the sight of that Neville sister anymore! Lol lucky for my dad he's a Geordie boy (Newcastle) born and bred anyway! Lol

It bothered me more than my dad but never mind hey.
Can I ask why you referred to the creep as feminine when it is obvious it was a male who was rotten?!
Old 28-06-2013, 02:53
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I used to work in a centre for vulnerable young people who had just left the care system. One day, two of them walked into the hotel next door and saw Sly Stallone of all people sitting in reception!
I'd want to exclaim "Yeah, Jackie!" at him.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 13:03
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I think people have to accept all celebrities are still people, they are going to have bad and good days, silly days and days when they are at their worst, health-wise or worse for wear.

It's great to read peoples stories and opinions but it's only a snapshot in time of that person's entire life.
wilehelmas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 17:31
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

I think people have to accept all celebrities are still people, they are going to have bad and good days, silly days and days when they are at their worst, health-wise or worse for wear.

It's great to read peoples stories and opinions but it's only a snapshot in time of that person's entire life.
Totally agree. I hate the way some people think they "own" a celebrity just because they buy their CDs or DVDs or whatever. Awful.

I wouldn't suggest ever someone is truly a bad apple unless there are just one too many bad stories about them it would be hard to deny, like Cilla Black for instance.
Cloudbusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 22:07
superdooper
Forum Member

Met Joseph Millson, Samantha Spiro and Billy Boyd after Macbeth at the Globe yesterday afternoon. All three were lovely to chat too, and Millson in particular was extremely warm. Also had the luck of meeting the particularly delightful Jenna-Louise Coleman, who was an absolute treat!

On the other hand, I had a rather horrible expereince with Harrison Ford. Seemed very up himself, although I will say that when I next met him, he was nicer, and polite. Also been able to meet Thomas Law, who is both incredibly lovely and incredibly handsome. Also great with him fans.
I'm off to see Macbeth in July to get the chance to see Joseph on stage, so I'm pleased to hear he was nice! And lucky you getting to meet Jenna-Louise.

I've met the Horrible Histories cast (minus Simon Farnaby) and they were all lovely, funny, and good at engaging with children as well.
superdooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 02:49
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

Especially to slim females.

Obesity and overweightness put a huge strain on the NHS's resources. Eating more than you need also puts a strain on the planet's resources. We are running out of land to feed people with, and while some people are starving others Westerners are gorging and getting fat. So yes actually, being overweight really is a problem. There is no such thing as a personal choice, we all live on the same planet and if some people are taking more than their fair share of economic or physical resources, we are entitled to call them out for it.

The whole idea of "sizeism" is a joke. Being fat or thin is not "who you are" (like faith or ethnic heritage), it's not the way you naturally look, it's the current condition a person's body is in due to health or habits.
People like you...oh my God.
Cloudbusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 03:08
Squatch
Forum Member

People like me, who obliterate your silly, politically-correct bellyachings, and make valid points that you have no answers for.
Squatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 13:15
scone
Forum Member

My father was there. A&D were there with a group of guys on a golfing trip.

Its not the sort of hotel that allows stag dos or lads golfing trips, the golfers are usually middle aged business men, but obviously an exception was made for A&D.

My father also described them as a couple of 'immature wee boys' . He couldn't believe they were nearly 40 LOL
My father was on this golfing trip too, even though he has been dead for years, he said they weren't there
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote