Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 29-06-2013, 17:13
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

People like me, who obliterate your silly, politically-correct bellyachings, and make valid points that you have no answers for.
Not sure why I am replying to an obvious troll but since when is it politically correct to treat your fellow man decently and not make judgements based on appearance? I thought that was just being a mature and better human being.
Cloudbusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-06-2013, 20:34
hatz
Forum Member

Just been directed to this thread after the Joseph Millson mention and thought I'd join in Glad to hear JM is lovely!

Michaela Strachen I met a few years back, she is absolutly lovely. She was lost in Chagford, Devon, and looking for the pub that had Nick Bakers wedding reception in. She came up and asked me where it was

Matt Baker I met two years ago when he came to film countryfile at work. I wanted to take him home he was the nicest chap in the world. Nothing was too much and he had time for everyone! Genuinely chatty and down to earth.

Rik Mayall has bizarely walked into me twice in my home town. He lives [well used to anyway] in a neighbouring villiage. Each time he's been lovely, apologized and always called me 'darling' Again, Very down to earth.

I met Carloine Quentin in the departure lounge of an airport. We were both flying to Glasgow and she ended up sitting behind me, neither of us having people next to us we chatted for a while. Lovely, lovely person!

Lee Mack
I met just before I saw him on stage. I know he is a comedian, but he was instantly funny, cracking jokes and having full on banter outside the theatre. Took the time to have a picture with everyone. Again, a very nice chap!

Anne Widecombe
I also met at work and she was surprisingly nice. I didnt expect that at all, but again, she spent time saying hello to those who wanted a chat.

Frank Turner [singer] was so nice. Went to see him live and he stayed on for hours after meeting eveyone, asking where they were from and if they enjoyed the show. Taking picture with everyone, signing eveything!

The X factors Johnny Robinson and This Mornings Matt Johnson [again came to my work] now baring in mind this is a busy tourist attraction they spoke to everyone despite having to film a number of clips, both very polite.

My sister met Ant and Dec a few months back as she works in a golf club, she got their autographs for me and she said they were lovely. Signing pictures for everyone, just acting like normal blokes chating to everyone in the bar after their round of golf!
hatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 21:19
soundcheck
Forum Member

Anne Widdecombe is demonised by people on the left of the political world, and even by some people in her own party. I disagree with her on most of the things she opines about. I've never met her, but the general consensus of people who have seems to be that she is a very likeable lady and even rather funny(!). She seems to take the attitude "I disagree with your politics/lifestyle/wallpaper, but let's go and have a coffee and talk about something else".
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 21:22
angelafisher
Forum Member

How many people are admitted to hospitals and fracture clinics with 'sports' injuries each year, needing long-term physiotherapy and using up NHS resources?
Or is that okay because they are getting injured and sick in an 'acceptable' way?
Smokers?
People who go sleeping around and spreading STIs indiscriminately?
Alcoholics and people who binge drink, getting themselves in to scrapes that land them in hospital?
Other substance abusers?
People 'inconveniently' living longer, having the unfortunate 'symptoms' of being old?
Yes, the growing obesity crisis is a problem and a drain on health resources as are several other factors but hey, that's okay, let's pick on the fatties and god forbid if any female icon puts on weight. Somehow, it appears, they almost 'deserve' to be ridiculed. (BTW, I am not overweight, in case anyone thinks I've a personal axe to grind).
There is 'overweight' and there is 'obese'. People who are 'overweight' are not necessarily unfit or unhealthy but women, especially, in the public eye, get pilloried for just carrying a few extra pounds.
People need to be looking at their own shortcomings others than denigrating others (whether they're in the public eye or not) solely on the way they look.
It always make me wonder when people express surprise at how much 'older' a famous person looks...as if somehow, because they are well-known, they are doing something wrong by ageing.
If they have cosmetic interventions to make them look younger, they get ridiculed, too.
On this level, I really don't envy celebrities.

Meanwhile, I'd love to meet all these 'perfect' people who never put a foot wrong and therefore think that gives them the right to tell others what they should do or be.....
Amen to that!!
angelafisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 21:27
angelafisher
Forum Member

Anne Widdecombe is demonised by people on the left of the political world, and even by some people in her own party. I disagree with her on most of the things she opines about. I've never met her, but the general consensus of people who have seems to be that she is a very likeable lady and even rather funny(!). She seems to take the attitude "I disagree with your politics/lifestyle/wallpaper, but let's go and have a coffee and talk about something else".
I think that could be part of her appeal. She knows that she's not going to meet people who agree with her all the time, but that's ok, there's always other things to talk about. If I were given the opportunity to meet somebody famous, she'd be in my top three. (Number one - Donny Osmond!!).
Old 29-06-2013, 21:34
LYNN(E)
Forum Member

when I owned a horse in the 1970's Bobby Moore used to bring his two children to the stables for riding lessons he was absolutely charming we had some Canadian relatives visit us & they were gobsmacked to see the captain of the 1966 World Cup team & got his autograph, must be worth a bit now
his first wife Tina however was loudmouthed & vile used to roll up in a fur coat & stilettos !!
LYNN(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 22:39
soundcheck
Forum Member

I(Number one - Donny Osmond!!).
Help is available, you know. *insert-smiley-for-running-away-and-ducking*
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 22:48
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

Hatz

I am so jealous you met Michaela Strachan...to me she is and always will be the best and most likeable presenter on tv!! I just think she is so compassionate and lovely. I would love to meet her.
*Cadhla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 14:22
Dennis C
Forum Member

I think that could be part of her appeal. She knows that she's not going to meet people who agree with her all the time, but that's ok, there's always other things to talk about. If I were given the opportunity to meet somebody famous, she'd be in my top three. (Number one - Donny Osmond!!).
And that's all you could ever ask for. The world would be such a better place if everyone looked for common ground rather than fighting over the differences. I bet even Norman Tebbit and me can find common ground over something. Dunno what though....

Hatz
I am so jealous you met Michaela Strachan...to me she is and always will be the best and most likeable presenter on tv!! I just think she is so compassionate and lovely. I would love to meet her.
She's got a great TV series on Yesterday called Great British Ghosts - you ever seen that? Like Most Haunted but classy. There's been two series of it and the first is out on DVD, check it out!
Dennis C is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 15:20
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

Michaela Strachan was my first ever crush when I was about 9. Didn't really understand at the time why she got me going. . .I long for a return to the age of innocence.
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53
loddellbosh
Forum Member

I wrote this on the thread about him but last month my friend and her family met Stephen Mulhern in a pub. They all said he was extremely friendly and down-to-earth and happy to pose for photos.
loddellbosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13
angelafisher
Forum Member

Help is available, you know. *insert-smiley-for-running-away-and-ducking*
Believe me, I'm not so devoted as some of his fans are. It can get quite scary at times. I saw Donny & Marie at the LG Arena in January and had a great but I don't go in for waiting at airports, queuing at TV studios etc.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:43
Willow33
Forum Member

I met Toyah from Corrie in a bar when I was on holidays, she is lovely and so pleasant, and on the same holiday I met Mick Johnson from Brookside, in McDonalds, he was lovely too. Sorry can't remember their real names.
Willow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

my friend and her family met Stephen Mulhern in a pub. They all said he was[...]happy to pose for photos.
That made me laugh because I imagined Stephen going around offering to pose for photos and no one being interested!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 14:46
Maria747
Forum Member

Met Joseph Millson, Samantha Spiro and Billy Boyd after Macbeth at the Globe yesterday afternoon. All three were lovely to chat too, and Millson in particular was extremely warm. Also had the luck of meeting the particularly delightful Jenna-Louise Coleman, who was an absolute treat!

On the other hand, I had a rather horrible expereince with Harrison Ford. Seemed very up himself, although I will say that when I next met him, he was nicer, and polite. Also been able to meet Thomas Law, who is both incredibly lovely and incredibly handsome. Also great with him fans.

We were at the Globe yesterday to see Macbeth. We were lucky to meet Joseph Millson too. I agree with your sentiments, he is such a warm-hearted and jolly personality and down to earth guy. We also got the added bonus and met with Sarah-Jane Potts, she is lovely and it was nice of them make time to chat with them even though he had a talk to do after the show.
He was amazing in Macbeth btw, I highly recommend this version its so refreshing and he is so powerful on stage and he speaks with such clarity.
Maria747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 18:40
Glenn A
Forum Member

One of my friends, who used to run the Taggart Fan Club, went to meet the cast on set and said they were really nice and friendly. Apparently the late Mark Mc Manus always had time for his fans as well.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 19:16
NicolaClare
Forum Member

Gino D'Acampo was an absolute delight today, signed my book for me and had a picture with him! Was an absolute pleasure!
NicolaClare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 14:25
James_Foster
Forum Member

My wife went out with someone involved in the wardrobe dept on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and was invited out to the location shoot in Spain.
Denholm Elliot was terrifically friendly and invited her to sit with him and his wife at lunch. Harrison Ford kept himself to himself and Sean Connery even managed to smile and say hello.

I saw Chris Ellison from the Bill at a Brighton pub. He came and sat with us when he found out we all went to the same school. Very friendly guy. I mentioned that I saw him recently in the Sweeney when he was little known and he said that John Thaw was a bit miserable to work with but Dennis Waterman was a great laugh.
James_Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 17:27
loddellbosh
Forum Member

That made me laugh because I imagined Stephen going around offering to pose for photos and no one being interested!
Lol, because you don't like him or because you watch BGMT?
loddellbosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 19:22
Westy2
Forum Member

My wife went out with someone involved in the wardrobe dept on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and was invited out to the location shoot in Spain.
Denholm Elliot was terrifically friendly and invited her to sit with him and his wife at lunch. Harrison Ford kept himself to himself and Sean Connery even managed to smile and say hello.

I saw Chris Ellison from the Bill at a Brighton pub. He came and sat with us when he found out we all went to the same school. Very friendly guy. I mentioned that I saw him recently in the Sweeney when he was little known and he said that John Thaw was a bit miserable to work with but Dennis Waterman was a great laugh.
Suprised they didn't get him for 'New Tricks'?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:41
monalisa62003
Inactive Member

I met danielle radcliffe on friday night at his stage door. Now when i meet a famous person for the first time i dont know how they are with fans, i put my hand out for a handshake as i was in the 2nd row and didnt think id get a picture. Someone moved out of the way and i touched him a couple of times. He didnt like it and asked me not to so i apolgosied 3 times and he must have accepted it as i did get a pic

Now im being made to feel guilty about it ive been told off at least 3 times about it since. Not sure if this is the right thread for this but yeah i dont think he was being rude he just didnt like it
monalisa62003 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 23:57
Already In Use
Forum Member

I met danielle radcliffe on friday night at his stage door. Now when i meet a famous person for the first time i dont know how they are with fans, i put my hand out for a handshake as i was in the 2nd row and didnt think id get a picture. Someone moved out of the way and i touched him a couple of times. He didnt like it and asked me not to so i apolgosied 3 times and he must have accepted it as i did get a pic

Now im being made to feel guilty about it ive been told off at least 3 times about it since. Not sure if this is the right thread for this but yeah i dont think he was being rude he just didnt like it
I wouldn't appreciate being touched 3 times by a random stranger either!
Already In Use is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 00:13
monalisa62003
Inactive Member

I wouldn't appreciate being touched 3 times by a random stranger either!
Hes a very well known famous person and there was a crowd. He obviously accepted my apology otherwise he wouldnt have come over to me?

Celebs get touched all the time around crowds of people i thought it was normal..ive certainly not been told off by one before now and ive done plenty of stage doors and red carpets..

Its one of the reasons they cant walk out freely in public or else theyd get mobbed..
monalisa62003 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 06:05
harryfielder
Forum Member

I have met 100s of good folks in the biz......

http://www.harryfielder.co.uk
harryfielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 21:59
doffer
Forum Member

How you doing Aitch?
doffer is offline   Reply With Quote