Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 12-08-2013, 08:24
BellaFiga
Forum Member

who do you mean by the OP ?
It means Original Poster. I think. Or Orange Person. Only Plonking. Our Pam.

Something like that.
BellaFiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-08-2013, 18:08
monalisa62003
Inactive Member

It means Original Poster. I think. Or Orange Person. Only Plonking. Our Pam.

Something like that.
i know what the actual thing means but the op had nothing to do with my posts about daniel
monalisa62003 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 20:34
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

who do you mean by the OP ?
I meant you, as the OP of the post, for which I was replying to a comment about the post by someone else.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 01:18
sofan
Forum Member

Chuck Billy from Testament! Awesome guy
sofan is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 12:46
daisydee
Forum Member

Going back to the 1960's (I'cos I'm that old )
Through working in London hotels, I met loads of 'stars' from TV, film etc.
Ther BEST by a country mile was American Pop Star, Gene Pitney, loveliest, most generous, down to earth person you could ever meet.
The WORST was Freddie Cannon, also American Pop Star, he was the rudest, most up his own backside, person I had the misfortune to ever meet. I did agree to go out for a meal with him, but only because I liked Wes Rose (song writer) who was also coming. We went to The Lotus House in Edgeware Road, which was the 'in' place to go, lots of other celebs of the day, were there, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough when Freddie complained LOUDLY about everything. The rest of the hotel staff also loathed him.
daisydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 09:25
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Going back to the 1960's (I'cos I'm that old )
Through working in London hotels, I met loads of 'stars' from TV, film etc.
Ther BEST by a country mile was American Pop Star, Gene Pitney, loveliest, most generous, down to earth person you could ever meet.
Aw, that's lovely to read. Gene was one of my mum's (many) crushes in the 60's. Tragically lost too soon.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 17:35
Mollybe
Forum Member

Freinds of mine met him and said he was great, especially with their youngest kid who was a bit overwhelmed and dumbstruck at meeting the Doctor. They were soon chatting away like old mates.
Okay, now I am jealous. I would give away my firstborn to get up close and personal with him
Mollybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 20:27
HelenSnowflake
Forum Member

Not met in person but went to a listening preview of a Nine Inch Nails album a good few years back and their fan club invited about 50 people in for a sneak listen. Trent Reznor bought pizza and coke for all those people there and seemed like a really lovely guy as he came out for an introduction and spoke of the album. Really humble guy and thankful for those that have put him there.
HelenSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 17:15
alij
Forum Member

On holiday earlier this month and James Corden, Peter Jones and Holly Willoughby came in to a bar with a group of other friends. All three of them were absolutely charming, happily chatting and posing for photos with everyone who asked and over the course of the couple of hours that was an awful lot of people! Special thanks to James who recorded a very funny video message for my son who had had to stay at home following a serious car accident.
alij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 13:35
jazzyjazzy
Forum Member

Was that awful Keith Lemon with them - him and his family are supposed to be sharing a villa with HW and her family.
Thinking about it he could not have been or you would have known about it.
jazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 14:26
dixiewhiskey
Forum Member

My old band supported them a few years ago and they were all lovely. Their management weren't as nice and wouldn't even let us have a group photo with them.
dixiewhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 14:55
rachelgata
Forum Member

Was that awful Keith Lemon with them - him and his family are supposed to be sharing a villa with HW and her family.
You do know that Keith Lemon is a character and not a real person, don't you?

I'm no fan of Lemon either but don't know what Leigh Francis is like when he is himself. Has anyone here met him?
rachelgata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 15:06
Kat_12
Forum Member

I'm no fan of Lemon either but don't know what Leigh Francis is like when he is himself. Has anyone here met him?
You'd be shocked how many people don't know/believe that Keith Lemon isn't real.

I think I read earlier on this thread or possibly on a similar one that someone had met Leigh Francis "as himself" and he was actually quite shy and quiet. Makes sense I suppose, if you're shy you might want to only be a more flamboyant character in public.
Kat_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 15:25
jazzyjazzy
Forum Member

I almost put Leigh Francis in brackets but assumed everybody knows KL is a character.
jazzyjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 17:10
Keyser Soze
Forum Member

On holiday earlier this month and James Corden, Peter Jones and Holly Willoughby came in to a bar with a group of other friends. All three of them were absolutely charming, happily chatting and posing for photos with everyone who asked and over the course of the couple of hours that was an awful lot of people! Special thanks to James who recorded a very funny video message for my son who had had to stay at home following a serious car accident.
Yes, I met James Corden in a bar and he was very sweet and not showbizzy at all.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 17:33
rachelgata
Forum Member

I almost put Leigh Francis in brackets but assumed everybody knows KL is a character.
Ah okay I know most do but by no means everyone does, not in my experience anyway
rachelgata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 14:38
alij
Forum Member

We did hear that Leigh Francis was on the resort too, but we didn't see him and he wasn't with the group that night
alij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 18:40
daisydee
Forum Member

Aw, that's lovely to read. Gene was one of my mum's (many) crushes in the 60's. Tragically lost too soon.
Your mum had good taste
Gene always had time for his fans, would take every phone call ( I know, 'cos I was the telephonist) and come downstairs to meet any fan who called at the hotel to see him.
He even paid for 2 fans to stay overnight after they had waited until midnight for him to get back from a show. He then arranged for them to see him in concert.
I could go on, but I won't as you say, gone far too soon.
Gene was good friends with The Rolling Stones - who I hated as much as Freddie Cannon.
daisydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 21:50
violetcrawley
Forum Member

Kevin Cosner nice
Chiwetel Ejiofor very nice and very modest low key
Tim Burton shy and modest
James Earl Jones classy total sweetheart

Robin Thicke bit up himself considering no one knew him
The girl who missed out on girls aloud Javine a bitch
Martine McCutcheon full of herself
Allen Stone total sweetheart
James Arthur nice

That's all I can think of at the moment )
violetcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 16:04
Loon
Forum Member

JEALOUS!!!!!!!! Hope he's ok now after his health issues. Amazing guy
Loon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 19:29
Raven_Crow
Forum Member

My other half is from a Northern Ireland village called Loughbrickland which you used to have to drive through when travelling from Belfast to Dublin. In the 60's his father was in the Village Inn one Thursday evening, when a limo pulled up outside and Roy Orbison entered the premises - to see his performance on Top of the Pops it turned out. He bought the whole bar a drink - namely the OH's father, the barman and 2 other punters.
Raven_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 17:06
Glenn A
Forum Member

My dad met Brian Johnson of AC/DC in a restaurant in Newcastle in the eighties and said he was completely down to earth and very pleasant.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 17:11
Glenn A
Forum Member

My other half is from a Northern Ireland village called Loughbrickland which you used to have to drive through when travelling from Belfast to Dublin. In the 60's his father was in the Village Inn one Thursday evening, when a limo pulled up outside and Roy Orbison entered the premises - to see his performance on Top of the Pops it turned out. He bought the whole bar a drink - namely the OH's father, the barman and 2 other punters.
Do you ever remember the case when a woman was beaten into a coma in the seventies and she was a huge fan and when she came round, the Big O paid her a visit.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 21:48
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

Your mum had good taste
Gene always had time for his fans, would take every phone call ( I know, 'cos I was the telephonist) and come downstairs to meet any fan who called at the hotel to see him.
He even paid for 2 fans to stay overnight after they had waited until midnight for him to get back from a show. He then arranged for them to see him in concert.
I could go on, but I won't as you say, gone far too soon.
Gene was good friends with The Rolling Stones - who I hated as much as Freddie Cannon.
Is he the one who did 'Twenty Four Hours from Tulsa'?? And that duet with Marc Almond?? I love those songs!!! And his voice!
*Cadhla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 21:50
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

Loughbrickland is TINY!!! My sister lives just outside it...a very beautiful part of the world!
*Cadhla* is offline   Reply With Quote