Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 23-09-2013, 19:28
paulsh1
Forum Member

Not quite sure if he can be classed as a showbiz celebrity,but when I was a kid ,just before he became infamous,Derek Hatton moved in next door to us and was our neighbour for twenty years until we moved.

Not 100℅ agreement with his politics,but he,like the rest of his family were lovely,friendly considerate and all round great neighbours.

During the height of his infamy we had journalists knocking on our door looking for some dirt on him and protest marches outside,but the first thing he would do would be would knock around and apologise profusely.

And when my mum died very suddenly(hence why we had to move)he was around immediately offering sympathy and any help.

He really was an all round nice guy.
paulsh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-09-2013, 21:50
Whataday
Forum Member

Cilla has got a really bad reputation on the old internet it seems.

Has anyone got anything nice to say about her?

She was on Room 101 and she picked people who say 'do you know who I am?" for her room 101!
She's been on twice and both times she put those people in.

The first time she amusingly put air stewards in I believe.
Whataday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 01:23
Danny_Girl
Forum Member

Looking at other forums on the Internet Air Stewards/esses would probably vote to put Cilla on 'special' lists but not good ones!!! From all accounts she is a total pain in the arse to deal with.
Danny_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 12:40
The Lizard
Forum Member

I had the 'honour' of looking after Cilla as a runner on a TV show she was appearing on as a guest about five years ago.

I was told before she entered the room that I was not to speak to her directly and everything had to go through her PA. I was told to refer to her as Miss Black.

She entered the room wearing dark glasses and a very stern face, choosing to ignore me. As soon as I got the chance I said "Can I get you a tea or coffee Cilla?"

I smiled but she continued to blank me and asked her PA if she could have a sparkling water, a request to which I was only too happy to oblige(!)

She spent the next hour in my presence being generally unpleasant and rude.

Needless to say I wasn't a runner for long. I was young, cheeky and generally got away with it. Decent guests would admire my nerve and warm to me. I didn't detect an ounce of warmth from Miss Black.

I can believe that 100%.

What a great read, this thread, plus the Cabin Crew forum as well, regarding the so-called "National Treasure"!

Being from the land that Cilla is originally from, I haven't heard anything nice from anyone about her, and have heard tales about her from the swinging 60's, some have already been posted by others. Infact, I don't know a single person who likes her!
The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 20:30
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Methinks the lady doth protest too much, chuck!
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 01:50
brb
Forum Member

Michael Crawford - lovely when he was doing Barnum, since then has got a very up himself.
When Crawford was in the Wizard of Oz, they were doing a signing. As I was around the area, I thought I'd go in and get a photo etc. However, he was refusing to sign any Phantom memorabilia. Of course, since Phantom is his most famous character, there were a *LOT* of die-hard fans there, many who began queuing in the early of the hours of the morning. The lady who was ahead of me has a replica Phantom mask that she wanted signing, however he refused point blank.

I didn't really understand why...

I met Kierston Wareing when they were filming Eastenders at my university's law court building a few weeks ago. I found her to be pretty rude. She was walking around with her own personal security guard, funnily, no one even recognised her. When she wasn't filming, she'd go sit out in the freezing cold, sometimes for an hour at a time in a skimpy dress, so my colleague went out and said that she was more than welcome to sit inside in the cafe area of the law building, and she just looked away and stared at her personal guard to answer... I found the whole situation pretty odd - the Eastenders cast have more protection than the queen! Funnily, not one person went up to ask for autographs or anything
brb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 06:49
Westy2
Forum Member

When Crawford was in the Wizard of Oz, they were doing a signing. As I was around the area, I thought I'd go in and get a photo etc. However, he was refusing to sign any Phantom memorabilia. Of course, since Phantom is his most famous character, there were a *LOT* of die-hard fans there, many who began queuing in the early of the hours of the morning. The lady who was ahead of me has a replica Phantom mask that she wanted signing, however he refused point blank.

I met Kierston Wareing when they were filming Eastenders at my university's law court building a few weeks ago. I found her to be pretty rude. She was walking around with her own personal security guard, funnily, no one even recognised her. When she wasn't filming, she'd go sit out in the freezing cold, sometimes for an hour at a time in a skimpy dress, so my colleague went out and said that she was more than welcome to sit inside in the cafe area of the law building, and she just looked away and stared at her personal guard to answer... I found the whole situation pretty odd - the Eastenders cast have more protection than the queen! Funnily, not one person went up to ask for autographs or anything
Forgive my ignorance, but who's Kirsten Wareing?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 10:18
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

He'd only have so much time for signing things. If he signed stuff from Phantom as well as for Wizard of Oz, it would raise the time he had to spend per person, and some people at the back of the queue could miss out as a result.
Phoenix Lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 10:37
grantus_max
Forum Member

If only there was some sort of clever search device where this sort of information could be retrieved at the push of a button...
grantus_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 10:46
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

Spoke to a cameraman yesterday who's worked with a lot of "stars" and he said by far the nicest was Victoria Beckham who was kind, very funny and remembered his children's names when they met again six months later. The worst, apparently, was Peter Kay who was very precious and egotistical.
21stCenturyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 14:08
brb
Forum Member

He'd only have so much time for signing things. If he signed stuff from Phantom as well as for Wizard of Oz, it would raise the time he had to spend per person, and some people at the back of the queue could miss out as a result.
Not really. It was 1 signature per person and 1 photograph. Signing Phantom memrobelia wouldn't have taken any longer. Apparently this wasn't the first time he'd refuse to even acknowledge his role in Phantom either; there were several reports of him being difficult in that regard via theatre forums.
brb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 19:31
Westy2
Forum Member

If only there was some sort of clever search device where this sort of information could be retrieved at the push of a button...
To be honest, I can't be a**ed !
Old 27-09-2013, 20:28
laska
Forum Member

John Taylor (Duran Duran)- was nice but looked very very gaunt and old. Totally different to how he appears in pictures.
laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 20:46
jioscar
Forum Member

Jarvis Cocker a lovely man spoke to us all and let all of us have a picture taken with him a nice guy
jioscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 20:47
jioscar
Forum Member

Mel C a beautiful lady x
Old 27-09-2013, 20:47
jioscar
Forum Member

Noel Gallager a knob
Old 27-09-2013, 20:50
The Lizard
Forum Member

Spoke to a cameraman yesterday who's worked with a lot of "stars" and he said by far the nicest was Victoria Beckham who was kind, very funny and remembered his children's names when they met again six months later. The worst, apparently, was Peter Kay who was very precious and egotistical.

I have never met the man, but have heard plenty of not so nice stories about him, also reading a few on this thread, plus the "Which Celebrities are Vile" thread as well.

Somehow, I don't think every tale is fabricated.
The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 21:21
CRM
Forum Member

Peter Kaye is a total prick.
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 22:01
red tulips
Forum Member

I'm sure that anyone who has ever met Victoria Beckham would agree what a lovely person she is. Shame she gets so much negative press simply because she doesn't smile in photos.
red tulips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 02:59
Danny_Girl
Forum Member

Husband met Jimmy Saville in late 70s when he presented prizes at end of school awards. He chose the prettiest girl to sit on his lap while he presented the prizes. Hubby always said he was a dirty old man and total lech years before it came out. Kind of shows the different mentality then as none of the teachers at a very good private school batted an eyelid or stepped in to stop Saville from doing what he did.
Old 28-09-2013, 04:04
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Don't worry, Kirsten is no A-lister whose name you should recognise. She plays Kirsty Branning in Eastenders.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 08:52
Westy2
Forum Member

Don't worry, Kirsten is no A-lister whose name you should recognise. She plays Kirsty Branning in Eastenders.
I think I know who you mean.

I only watch EE once in a blue moon these days.

Don't even follow Corrie properly either.

The only soap I mainly watch now is Emmerdale.
Old 28-09-2013, 09:22
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Husband met Jimmy Saville in late 70s when he presented prizes at end of school awards. He chose the prettiest girl to sit on his lap while he presented the prizes. Hubby always said he was a dirty old man and total lech years before it came out. Kind of shows the different mentality then as none of the teachers at a very good private school batted an eyelid or stepped in to stop Saville from doing what he did.
Was this primary or secondary school!?
Phoenix Lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 18:26
Danny_Girl
Forum Member

Was this primary or secondary school!?
Secondary school so girls would been 15/16.
Old 28-09-2013, 19:38
bookaddict
Forum Member

I met someone who had worked as an assistant on a film with Jennifer Aniston. She said JA was lovely, very friendly and she and Brad (this was when they were together) bought the assistant a gorgeous ring at the end of the shoot, to say thanks for all her hard work.
bookaddict is offline   Reply With Quote