Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 12-10-2013, 23:46
Rowan Hedge
Inactive Member

There were rumours about Gordon Brown bullying staff at Number 10. I can well believe that. His wife seems so lovely though?
He made a visit to a hospital I was working at in 1997, was very abusive towards a member of his own staff, swearing at her because there was no lunch laid on after his tour.

A consultant pulled him up on his behaviour and was severely reprimanded a few weeks later by the hospital board, when Blair's daughter was admitted her mother was the nastiest relative I had the misfortune to deal with.
Rowan Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-10-2013, 00:01
nuttytigger
Forum Member

I think he looked like a horrible man! They have put up a statue of him in Glasgow and I despair every time I walk past it.
Who??
nuttytigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 00:19
reader123
Forum Member

A mate of ours knew one of the security men years ago that checked on parking permits near offices. Jennifer Ellison parked in a place and the security man told her she could not park there. She said to him that there was no where else to park, he apologised but said she had to move. She then said. "do you know who I am", so he promptly got on his walky talky and said "Jimmy, can you phone an ambulance, I have a lady here who does not know who she is", she then drove off, lol.
reader123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 00:27
Westy2
Forum Member

He made a visit to a hospital I was working at in 1997, was very abusive towards a member of his own staff, swearing at her because there was no lunch laid on after his tour.

A consultant pulled him up on his behaviour and was severely reprimanded a few weeks later by the hospital board, when Blair's daughter was admitted her mother was the nastiest relative I had the misfortune to deal with.
Typical hospital board.

Severely reprimand the consultant who told off Brown & GB gets off scot free.

As for Cherie Blair, she's always behaved like royalty ain't she?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 00:27
777Eilidh
Forum Member

Ooops sorry, quoted the wrong post. It was about Donald Dewar
777Eilidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 01:09
DavetheScot
Forum Member

He always came across as abrupt, dour and lacking in humour, this doesn't surprise me, same as a certain ex prime minister from Scotland whose two faced behavour in front of an old lady showed his real colours.
To be fair, I'm sure all politicians do that. Brown was just unlucky that his mike was still switched on.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 02:22
realwales
Forum Member

Typical hospital board.

Severely reprimand the consultant who told off Brown & GB gets off scot free.

As for Cherie Blair, she's always behaved like royalty ain't she?
Yes, it's always worth remembering the way she ripped off an Australian children's charity as well.

It's interesting to hear other people's stories of Gordon Brown, none of which surprise me. You've all barely scratched the surface with him though.
realwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 04:44
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I see there's an upcoming TV special honouring Cilla Black. Considering the posts and links in this thread to stories about her, it'll be amusing to see all the D-listers sucking up to her!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 05:32
pothuthic
Forum Member

I see there's an upcoming TV special honouring Cilla Black. Considering the posts and links in this thread to stories about her, it'll be amusing to see all the D-listers sucking up to her!
I thought exactly the same, like she needs her ego boosted anymore
pothuthic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 09:53
wonkeydonkey
Forum Member

Harriet Harman is extremely patronising and uncomfortable around the hoi polloi.
Many years ago I worked with her (in a menial role) and must admit she was not exactly warm and friendly to the juniors.

Gordon Brown is a nasty piece of work behind the scenes. A VERY shady character as well, totally unsuitable to be Prime Minister. .
My sister works at the Treasury and says the opposite: that he was invariably friendly and rather charming to the staff, often turning up with his little boys and chatting to everyone. I know that he has a reputation for being stressed out and moody, but I thought people should know of that side of him as well.

Both my father and my daughter have had dealings with Rowan Williams at very different stages in his career, and they both agree that he really was (and presumably is) a very, very nice man.
wonkeydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 10:08
Westy2
Forum Member

What's Harriet Harman's hubby Jack Dromey like?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 14:57
IJoinedInMay
Forum Member

This thread is absolutely brilliant
Full of bitterness but yet addictive!
IJoinedInMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 15:41
LCDMAN
Forum Member

Nice: Micheal Caine, very down to earth and took time to chat to everyone.

Not nice: Kaye Burley - totally up her own arse.
LCDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 15:44
seansnotmyname@
Forum Member

Full of bitterness but yet addictive!
To be fair, compared to many threads on DS, at lists there's some positivity here, the nice bit
seansnotmyname@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 16:32
daisydee
Forum Member

To be fair, compared to many threads on DS, at lists there's some positivity here, the nice bit
And on the subject of Politicians - here's one. John Major, such a lovely guy, very helpful and Norma is too. I have had many dealing with him, and his assistant (can't remember his name) was so insanely funny he had me crying with laughter. I was so sad that he was labelled 'grey', just because the press couldn't find anything to pin on him - they should have waited a few years and the label might have been '50 shades of........' (I was dead shocked, I can tell you, I mean Edwina!!! yuk yuk yuk)
daisydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 21:22
realwales
Forum Member

Many years ago I worked with her (in a menial role) and must admit she was not exactly warm and friendly to the juniors.

My sister works at the Treasury and says the opposite: that he was invariably friendly and rather charming to the staff, often turning up with his little boys and chatting to everyone. I know that he has a reputation for being stressed out and moody, but I thought people should know of that side of him as well.

Both my father and my daughter have had dealings with Rowan Williams at very different stages in his career, and they both agree that he really was (and presumably is) a very, very nice man.
I agree about Dr Rowan Williams. I met him around a decade ago. Really nice man.
realwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 21:36
moonlily
Forum Member

I agree with this, Harr. The fact that they mention this in their autobiography and think it's a bit of a 'laff' shows how immature they still are, not to mention disrespectful. Don't worry- the boot could very easily be on the other foot. It's not like it's never happened to them at an inappropriate time, 'cause I'd bet my last 20p it has.
Mcfly have an autobiography? What the hell is in it at their age?
moonlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 23:09
sheila blige
Forum Member

Bit off topic I know - but as she's a regular feature of this thread - can I ask if anyone will be buying the new Cilla album?
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 23:33
Valerian
Forum Member

D-list ? I watched Tom Hanks on The Jonathon Ross Show
treating "Our Cilla" like she was a national treasure last night. She, of course was lapping it up.
Valerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 23:38
sheila blige
Forum Member

D-list ? I watched Tom Hanks on The Jonathon Ross Show
treating "Our Cilla" like she was a national treasure last night. She, of course was lapping it up.
Tom Hanks is so nice though - he wouldn't want to offend anyone. He has no idea who she is either!
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 23:55
soundcheck
Forum Member

Tom Hanks is so nice though - he wouldn't want to offend anyone. He has no idea who she is either!
About Cilla, I have naught to say.

Tom Hanks went to a friend's restaurant a few years ago, when he was filming in the UK. She says that he was absolutely delightful.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 12:49
wilehelmas
Forum Member

A mate of ours knew one of the security men years ago that checked on parking permits near offices. Jennifer Ellison parked in a place and the security man told her she could not park there. She said to him that there was no where else to park, he apologised but said she had to move. She then said. "do you know who I am", so he promptly got on his walky talky and said "Jimmy, can you phone an ambulance, I have a lady here who does not know who she is", she then drove off, lol.
Boss.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 12:51
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Mcfly have an autobiography? What the hell is in it at their age?
Tons of PUDD - hopefully.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 16:53
Margaret_M
Forum Member

I once knew a security guard who had a similar encounter with Clare Balding. When she came out with the infamous "don't you know who I am" line he replied, "Yes Clare, I know who you are. And you're still not parking here!"
Margaret_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 18:20
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

I once knew a security guard who had a similar encounter with Clare Balding. When she came out with the infamous "don't you know who I am" line he replied, "Yes Clare, I know who you are. And you're still not parking here!"
A mate who was in the police once caught a local footballer driving like a lunatic. When the he walked up to the car, the footballer looked at him with a smug grin on his face and said "Do you know who I am?"

My mate replied "Yes I do. Which means I won't have any problems identifying you in court."
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote