Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 26-12-2013, 00:34
sheila blige
Forum Member

Denis Waterman, for all he is a good actor and Minder was class, always has this nasty look to him and I can just imagine him behaving like that.
That just is NOT true.
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-12-2013, 10:04
rose&ribbon
Forum Member

Few more to add;

Keith Duffy - Really genuine guy, really nice
The Vamps - Wow, really surprised at how lovely they were
James Blunt - Actually quite funny and chatty

Not a negative one, but James Arthur passed me in the corridor today, he nodded to me expecting one back so I gave him a dirty look and ignored him I wouldn't wanna say something nasty

Was there any need for that? just makes you look nasty tbh.
rose&ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 10:29
Westy2
Forum Member

That just is NOT true.
But he writes the feem choon & sings the feem choon as well!
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 12:34
Misty08
Forum Member

[/b]

I`m certainly no fan of James Arthur - but those were my thoughts exactly.
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 00:52
pothuthic
Forum Member

[/b]

Was there any need for homophobia? Was there any need for attacking people when they've done nothing wrong? No, I'm not gonna be friendly and act all "zomg you're a celeb and you knodded at me, so I'm gonna worship the ground you walk on" to someone that does the above just because they nodded to me expecting me to act all happy because of the little fame he has (there's much more than them two I listed anyway)
pothuthic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 04:50
Mumof3
Forum Member

Jean Paul Gaultier was a good one, after a shoot in Barcelona in 1991. He'd just created Madonna's conical bra for her Blond Ambition tour, and he invited me clubbing with his sulky boyfriend.
Mumof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 06:07
CM
Forum Member

I only ever met 3 Celebs.

Barry Mc'guigan Great Bloke opened a carpet shop in my Town in Norfolk in the Eighties.

Dave Allen walked onto a construction site in Stoke in the Eighties just to see what we were doing and spent some time with us he was Great and so interested in what we were doing.

Madonna who came onto a construction site one Saturday morning in the Nineties to view a place in Knightsbridge which she bought we found out later for £5 Million at the time anyway she walked over to say Hello to us all she didn't have to we never approached her group of people but she came to us and chatted she was Lovely.
CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 07:32
mourinhosmissus
Forum Member

Met Nigella yesterday, looked a bit tired and down but after handing me £200 and receiving her package, she fair cheered up.
Eh?! She gave you £200 for delivering her package through the post?
I think there may be a joke in there..
mourinhosmissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 18:39
Glenn A
Forum Member

I met Jim Watt, and he was hilarious, cracking jokes and signing photos for people in the boxing club. Met Glenn Mc Crory, another eighties boxer, and he was really pleasant, buying rounds and talking about his career. OTOH Alan Minter was invited at great expense, seemed completely disinterested, handed over a photo for the club and then went back to his hotel. Not so much nasty as a let down compared with the other two boxers.
My sister met Will Carling in the early nineties and found him quite interesting to talk to, really keen to promote his sport and also interested in his guests.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 19:31
Glenn A
Forum Member

Not well known unless you live in the North East, but I have met former Look North presenter Mike Neville twice and he is just as amusing and pleasant as he is on the television. It's no wonder he was so popular.
OTOH the former Border Lookaround presenter Eric Wallace was pompous and full of himself. My mother accidentally bumped into him in the street and he said, " don't you know I am".
Old 28-12-2013, 19:47
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

My mother accidentally bumped into him in the street and he said, " don't you know I am".
I can't believe people actually use that phrase in real life!
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 20:48
Glenn A
Forum Member

I can't believe people actually use that phrase in real life!
Well this was back in 1978 and Wallace always seemed to be very pompous. I used to know the chairman of Workington FC and Wallace was on the board of directors for several years and he said Wallace was a complete t!"£er.
Old 28-12-2013, 21:27
jackol
Forum Member

No he never wrote it, he just sang it, Gerard Kenny wrote it
jackol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 21:40
goonernatalie
Forum Member

Not well known unless you live in the North East, but I have met former Look North presenter Mike Neville twice and he is just as amusing and pleasant as he is on the television. It's no wonder he was so popular.
OTOH the former Border Lookaround presenter Eric Wallace was pompous and full of himself. My mother accidentally bumped into him in the street and he said, " don't you know I am".
I would reply 'no I do not but as you seem to of lost your memory I call an ambulance for you''
goonernatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 01:37
Westy2
Forum Member

No he never wrote it, he just sang it, Gerard Kenny wrote it
As in 'New York New York. So good they named it twice'?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 12:25
wilehelmas
Forum Member

In Darkly Noon....
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 13:44
Fadge1968
Forum Member

I would reply 'no I do not but as you seem to of lost your memory I call an ambulance for you''
Yeah, my Sis in law had a bit of a run in with David Weir who used to be a footballer. He asked the "don't you know who I am" question to which she replied, "have you forgotten?"
Fadge1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 14:53
BritFlicks1
Forum Member

I hate it when they use that "do you know who I am?" line. I don't care how big a star they are, they're not better than the rest of us. Cilla Black criticised celebrities who do it and she's the world's worst!
BritFlicks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:01
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

^ The cabin crew forum where Cilla Black was being heavily criticised said that she would only communicate to them through her PA. Therefore, there's probably less of "Don't you know who I am?" and more of "Are you not aware that this is the iconic Ms Cilla Black?".
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:43
scone
Forum Member

I am only seeing this now. This happened at Earl's Court, not The Ivy.

I have sent the link to my friend so I'll wait and see what he says. He's not the type to lie and in his work has met lots of celebrities and usually has good things to say about them, even if his experience with them wasn't overly positive. Greg must have done something wrong to really rattle his cage, and the cages of the others working there as a lot of the other people were just as offended by his behaviour as my friend was.
If he was with his girlfriend then this might be why he flies into rages, he did it before when someone allegedly groped her and he lowered the tone of a posh hotel by grappling with the alleged groper and it was in all the newspapers, this was back in August last year though, but I wouldn't put it past him, the man sounds horrible
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 20:30
grantus_max
Forum Member

If he was with his girlfriend then this might be why he flies into rages, he did it before when someone allegedly groped her and he lowered the tone of a posh hotel by grappling with the alleged groper and it was in all the newspapers, this was back in August last year though, but I wouldn't put it past him, the man sounds horrible
Eh?

Someone gropes his partner and you take issue with his understandably robust reaction because it 'lowered the tone of a posh hotel'?

Sounds pretty much what I'd do to be honest, and cobblers to the posh hotel.

Pfft..
grantus_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 14:00
Glenn A
Forum Member

I didn't meet them when I lived in Sheffield, but lived close to where Susanne Sulley( the blonde one) lived, but the Human League still chose to live in the city at the height of their fame. Apparently a uni friend was in the Nat West and Phil Oakey was standing behind him. He said hello to Oakey and Oakey nodded back.
Not overly friendly, but decent enough and also interesting to see what was a major star in a queue in a bank rather than using a flunky with a gold card.
Now I am quite sure I saw Ms Sulley driving a SAAB to a new housing estate as a few people looked across and she sort of smiled.
Old 18-01-2014, 14:51
Conehead
Forum Member

I met Jim Davidson when I was walking my dog. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pig's ear and gave it to my dog.
Top bloke.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 14:57
Glenn A
Forum Member

When I lived in Sheffield in the eighties, it was quite common to see The Human League doing their shopping and going to the bank. This was one band who had absolutely no airs and graces and still live locally and are happy to talk to fans.
Justin Bieber should learn about this. He is an arrogant, horrible young man who treated his fans like dirt on his last tour.
Old 26-01-2014, 16:33
Poppy99_Poppy
Forum Member

I met Jim Davidson when I was walking my dog. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pig's ear and gave it to my dog.
Top bloke.
Like you do! I assume he had a dog as well otherwise a bit of a random thing to keep in your pocket!
Poppy99_Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote