Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 20-03-2014, 16:18
Sergio_Dublin
Forum Member

I was tiding up my department in the store I work at today and Chris Simmons (Mickey Webb) from The Bill came over from across the aisle and asked me about shelving. He was such a charming, polite guy with a big smile.
Sergio_Dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-03-2014, 00:31
Barrymorefan
Forum Member

Going to meet Suggs in two weeks and then going to try and meet Les Dennis in Manchester on the 19th of April. Will post updates soon.
Barrymorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 10:54
Barney06
Forum Member

Andrew Flintoff , in a mini supermarket about 9PM last summer Just me & him in the store , when I got to the till he was having his photo taken with the two assistants , signed autographs as well .
Barney06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 11:14
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

Going to meet Suggs in two weeks and then going to try and meet Les Dennis in Manchester on the 19th of April. Will post updates soon.
Unless he has changed over the years, you'll find Les Dennis friendly and chatty.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 11:59
Jumbobones
Inactive Member

Has anyone met the Hairy Bikers? They seem a laugh. I'm not really interested in 'celebrities' but those two seem like they would be fun to hang out with
Jumbobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 13:20
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Unless he has changed over the years, you'll find Les Dennis friendly and chatty.
Les Dennis' autobiography is a great read. I highly recommend it.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 13:27
Gusto Brunt
Forum Member

I once met actor James Bolam. He was on location, shooting with other actors.

I didn't know any of them, so I said hello to James, 'all right...'

Well he totally ignored me, as if I were the Invisible Man.

I think it was that detective show he was recently in on BBC1. Can't remember its name.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 14:26
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

Les Dennis' autobiography is a great read. I highly recommend it.
I only ever read non-fiction so I'll look out for that one.
Thanks.
Old 21-03-2014, 14:29
angelafisher
Forum Member

Has anyone met the Hairy Bikers? They seem a laugh. I'm not really interested in 'celebrities' but those two seem like they would be fun to hang out with
We went to a butcher's shop where they'd filmed something for one of their shows. The butcher couldn't say enough good things about them.
angelafisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 14:40
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

We went to a butcher's shop where they'd filmed something for one of their shows. The butcher couldn't say enough good things about them.
That's good to hear.
Old 21-03-2014, 14:59
Jumbobones
Inactive Member

I'd like to be mates with them I think.
Old 21-03-2014, 15:34
soundcheck
Forum Member

Bolam has something of an unfortunate reputation, I think. Most reports suggest that he is very brusque and dismissive of fans, although there are exceptions. And of course there is his vendetta against Rodney Bewes.

It's a shame really, because I've always thought he was a very good actor.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 15:37
zx50
Forum Member

I think it was that detective show he was recently in on BBC1. Can't remember its name.
New Tricks.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 15:40
Jumbobones
Inactive Member

I never say hello to people I don't know, if they nodded or said hi to me I might do the same back but I would keep swiftly moving
Old 21-03-2014, 19:02
Westy2
Forum Member

I never say hello to people I don't know, if they nodded or said hi to me I might do the same back but I would keep swiftly moving
Quite agree.
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 01:19
dodrade
Forum Member

I have to say this thread is a great disappointment to me. Turns out most celebrities are in fact normal and friendly people, what a shame!
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 18:58
Glenn A
Forum Member

Bolam has something of an unfortunate reputation, I think. Most reports suggest that he is very brusque and dismissive of fans, although there are exceptions. And of course there is his vendetta against Rodney Bewes.

It's a shame really, because I've always thought he was a very good actor.
His rudeness to fans, his paranoia about his privacy and difficulty to work with are well known. Rodney Bewes OTOH is completely approachable and will discuss the Likely Lads with anyone who asks.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 19:34
dumpty2
Forum Member

I have to say this thread is a great disappointment to me. Turns out most celebrities are in fact normal and friendly people, what a shame!
Apart from Black!!
dumpty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 16:04
BritFlicks1
Forum Member

His rudeness to fans, his paranoia about his privacy and difficulty to work with are well known. Rodney Bewes OTOH is completely approachable and will discuss the Likely Lads with anyone who asks.
I suppose he doesn't have to talk to fans if he doesn't want to, even if it makes him disliked. And actors are entitled to a private life. What I don't understand is someone once told me he refuses to allow repeats of The Likely Lads, what little of them survive. How is that possible? They belong to the BBC, not him.
BritFlicks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 18:48
soundcheck
Forum Member

I suppose he doesn't have to talk to fans if he doesn't want to, even if it makes him disliked. And actors are entitled to a private life. What I don't understand is someone once told me he refuses to allow repeats of The Likely Lads, what little of them survive. How is that possible? They belong to the BBC, not him.
It's a common clause in contracts to require the approval of the leading members of a cast before repeating a tv or radio series. Not sure, but it might be Equity rules relating to the right of an actor to control his or her exposure.

The story is (and I don't know how true this is) that Bolam's refusal was based solely, or principally, on the fact that Bewes really needed the money that a repeat would bring in.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 20:09
chipstick10
Forum Member

The Scots (with the exception of Brian Alexander Robertson), have never lost that 'common' touch.
Which is what make people like Lorraine, Edwin Collins,Kaye Adams, Roddy Frame, etc,etc..such genuine lovely people..
there IS no pretence.. due I believe, to the sense of commumnity & National pride the Scottish still have, unlike us Londoners, who don't have a clue.. too diverse & accomodating to every race, creed or culture..

love 'em all, and I'm a southern softie
I bed to differ re lorraine. My mate works at a TV station and deals with her lots. She's a right diva by all accounts and a bit of a bitch.
chipstick10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 20:21
Ellef
Forum Member

I've heard The Likely Lads repeated on BBC 4 Extra fairly recently, so perhaps he's mellowed.
Ellef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 20:28
iaindb
Forum Member

I've heard The Likely Lads repeated on BBC 4 Extra fairly recently, so perhaps he's mellowed.
Are you referring to the radio version of the show?

BBC4 TV repeated the whole of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? last year.
iaindb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 20:51
Westy2
Forum Member

Are you referring to the radio version of the show?

BBC4 TV repeated the whole of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? last year.
Thought his 'veto' didn't cover satelite channels, only the likes of BBC 1 or 2, but how does this affect the likes of BBC 3 & 4?

Aren't 3 & 4 supposed to be received by everyone ?

How come it seems to be 'cheaper' to repeat stuff on 4 rather than 2?

(This could be important if the Beeb decide to axe BBC Four, as the most important programme on there for us archive TV fans is TOTP!)
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 10:08
katmobile
Forum Member

The Scots (with the exception of Brian Alexander Robertson), have never lost that 'common' touch.
Which is what make people like Lorraine, Edwin Collins,Kaye Adams, Roddy Frame, etc,etc..such genuine lovely people..
there IS no pretence.. due I believe, to the sense of commumnity & National pride the Scottish still have, unlike us Londoners, who don't have a clue.. too diverse & accomodating to every race, creed or culture..

love 'em all, and I'm a southern softie
I hate the whole 'Braveheart' thing with a vengence and there are great people and a-holes from every geographical location - but that said I have a disproportionate amount of crushes in Scottish actors (David Tennant, James McAvoy, Ewan McGregor, Robert Carlyle) and most of them seem to be nice guys which it's always nice to know for me and would seem to re-inforce your arguement - recent endorsement of Peter Calpaldi's nice guy credentials also back you up.
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote