Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 19-05-2014, 01:40
sammyvine
Inactive Member

Steven Mulhern from all accounts is a prized idiot. Years ago, whilst staying at the Hilton hotel, down the road from the Maidstone studios he refused to sign an autograph for my brother-in-law on behalf of my girlfriend. Then in Canterbury the other year, after leaving a pantomime, my Mum said to my disabled sister, "look love it's the man from BGT", to which he sneered and walked away.

I saw him myself as a kid in pantomime one year and grew up thinking he was as friendly as the screen persona may imply.
Celebreties don't have to sign autographs. it doesnt make them bad or anything, just some celebs are 'nicer' in that category and always sign when they have a chance

surprised to read this anyway but its not a huge loss to you
not like he's some big star lol
sammyvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-05-2014, 08:28
Westy2
Forum Member

Anyone ever said 'Oh look it's Thingy Whatsit' , where said celeb is right in front of them but can you remember the name of the celeb?

Now that would be fun, especially if it's some dotty old lady trying to remember!
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 10:31
Tt88
Forum Member

I've never met a celeb but i almost met an x factor contestant who i think was called johnny robinson?

I was in town and he was doing a signing around an xmas time so i watched as he was doing it and felt sorry for him. It got bad publicity in the area because he was late starting (not his fault) so only saw about 1/8 of the people waiting. His security were pretty horrible dragging him off the stage and shoving people out of the way to bundle him in a car to get him away as soon as his finishing time struck.

He was trying to sign autographs for disabled people who had a seperate queue because they couldnt get onto the stage but the security people just shoved him away from them! He looked pretty upset that these people had been waiting the longest but he wasnt allowed to even have a few minutes with them. Of course it wasnt his fault but it reflected badly on him that he was late and left a lot of people annoyed.
Tt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 16:08
KB1984
Forum Member

My Dad was playing golf recently in the grounds of a (now council-owned) manor house and filming was taking place nearby.

Dad said a shortish man, one of the actors dressed in his period costume, walked by a couple of times, stopping each time engaging in a pleasant conversation with my Dad and his friend.

Dad hadn't a clue who this man was, turns out it was Michael Kitchen filming 'Foyle's War' on location a thoroughly nice man by the sounds of it.
KB1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45
SellSimilar
Forum Member

Met Maureen Lipman once at a booksigning. I loved her books and waited with several others, most of them women who were older than me. She walked in, very loudly said, "Oh, is this it?!" and when she signed was so rude to everyone. One woman asked after her health and got a very brusque answer. I remember vividly how nastily she looked at everyone - me included - and was clearly hating every moment of people turning up to buy her book. Such a shame as everyone else was very polite and quiet!
SellSimilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:25
Poppy99_Poppy
Forum Member

Met Maureen Lipman once at a booksigning. I loved her books and waited with several others, most of them women who were older than me. She walked in, very loudly said, "Oh, is this it?!" and when she signed was so rude to everyone. One woman asked after her health and got a very brusque answer. I remember vividly how nastily she looked at everyone - me included - and was clearly hating every moment of people turning up to buy her book. Such a shame as everyone else was very polite and quiet!
She has always given off a nasty vibe so I am not surprised about that. She has a very superior air about her, thinks she is a bigger star than she is.
Poppy99_Poppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:50
d56
Forum Member

Yeah, I've never thought she has come across well when being interviewed.
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 21:27
johnathome
Forum Member

The story is (and I don't know how true this is) that Bolam's refusal was based solely, or principally, on the fact that Bewes really needed the money that a repeat would bring in.
I saw an interview with RB and it's all, according to Bewes, that he mentioned that JB's wife was pregnant with their first child. Whether Bolam wanted to break the happy news or he didn't want the publicity i don't know. That's why they fell out.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 21:47
Barrymorefan
Forum Member

Met Suggs in April very pleasant, saw Archie Kelly (Kenny Senior from Phoenix Nights) last month on a train, was nice enough and had a photo whilst playing cards with his mates! Went to meet Buster Bloodvessel from Bad Manners on Thursday in Manchester, was supposed to turn up at 3 and still wasn't there at 7:30 so I was very disappointed but the gig was great. Hoping meet Billy Bragg on the 21st of June.
Barrymorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 00:53
Conehead
Forum Member

Met this fella - kept asking for everyone's autograph. Nasty bit of work. When he found out I wasn't a celebrity he didn't want to know.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:56
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Not the first time I've read comments like that about her. Clearly thinks she's better than the rest of us.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 14:04
jioscar
Forum Member

The nicest celebrities I've met are The Prodigy great group and so nice and polite Gentlemen
jioscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 20:48
mariets
Forum Member

An aquaintance of my H had a job chauffering people to the Open when it was in Hoylake. He met one guy he thought he knew and said hi to him. He smiled back and said hi, how are you? It turns out he did know him - it was George Clooney.
mariets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 20:54
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

I know two people, both of whom have worked with Anna Friel (on separate occasions). One said she lovely and very warm to all of the crew, the other said she was snide, condescending and completely cold.

Just goes to show how one person can inspire such polarising opinions.
21stCenturyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 20:59
wear thefoxhat
Forum Member

My husband's two grandchildren bumped into Harrison Ford at the weekend in a London street, from the photo on FB of Harrison crouched down next to the kids and smiling for the camera I'd say it was a pleasant encounter, I'd always thought he was a rather frosty character but was cleary in high spirits on Saturday!
wear thefoxhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 21:02
jzee
Forum Member

My husband's two grandchildren bumped into Harrison Ford at the weekend in a London street, from the photo on FB of Harrison crouched down next to the kids and smiling for the camera I'd say it was a pleasant encounter, I'd always thought he was a rather frosty character but was cleary in high spirits on Saturday!
Filming Star Wars OMGOMG
jzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 21:07
wear thefoxhat
Forum Member

Filming Star Wars OMGOMG
The kids are aged about 6 and 8 didn't know who he was at the time, their dad had to explain he was 'Han Solo'!
wear thefoxhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 21:16
jzee
Forum Member

The kids are aged about 6 and 8 didn't know who he was at the time, their dad had to explain he was 'Han Solo'!
Soon they will know, the force will be with them .
jzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 21:20
sheila blige
Forum Member

Soon they will know, the force will be with them .
Well if they've got piccies - the Face will be with them!
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 23:05
soundcheck
Forum Member

It has been said a few times (probably on this thread somewhere :P) that Harrison Ford is basically a big kid, and is much, much more natural and friendly when he is surrounded by children.
soundcheck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:55
Howardessex
Inactive Member

It has been said a few times (probably on this thread somewhere :P) that Harrison Ford is basically a big kid, and is much, much more natural and friendly when he is surrounded by children.
The last time I saw him on a chat show he ( Harrison ford ) was friendly and great fun . I have just today bumped into Paul Hollywood in Jaguar showroom in Canterbury . He was nice and looks so much better in real life . I could never understand what all the women saw in him , but I can now . Didnt know he smokes , but he was when getting out of his car .
Howardessex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 17:16
777Eilidh
Forum Member

An American Friends, teenage granddaughter took cancer and was offered a "Wish" thingie As she always adored Bill Cosby she chose to spend a day with him. Well, she came home gutted as she found him very rude and grumpy. Seemingly he showed little to no interest in her, and kept disappearing, hence she spent most of the day sitting on her own.
She never would watch the Cosby Show again or anything he was in and she put me right off him too.
777Eilidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 18:59
dekaf
Forum Member

An American Friends, teenage granddaughter took cancer and was offered a "Wish" thingie As she always adored Bill Cosby she chose to spend a day with him. Well, she came home gutted as she found him very rude and grumpy. Seemingly he showed little to no interest in her, and kept disappearing, hence she spent most of the day sitting on her own.
She never would watch the Cosby Show again or anything he was in and she put me right off him too.
That is very sad, and I am gutted too as I've always really liked him! He brings back memories of a very special time for me.
dekaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 18:39
Glenn A
Forum Member

I met Abi Titmuss in a local hotel after she'd been signing autographs in a pub. Totally down to earth, bought everyone a drink and was happy to talk.

OTOH I saw George Galloway a few months later and he was an arrogant jerk who made some flunky carry his case and the owner of the hotel said he was horrible.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 18:43
ffa1
Forum Member

"OTOH I saw George Galloway a few months later and he was an arrogant jerk who made some flunky carry his case and the owner of the hotel said he was horrible. "

Doesn't surprise me. Complete oik.
ffa1 is offline   Reply With Quote